ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mcetnar
    Original poster 24 posts

The bug about oil consuption being shown incorrectly in the statistics menu had already been reported. But that's not the only thing that works incorrectly after the recent "update" (which was made to fix the previous "update").

Other buildings this bug applies to:

• Arctic Heaters,
    • Bars/Restaurants/Coffee shops,
    • Department Stores,
    • Grain Silos.

Basically everything that isn't a part of a direct production chain.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 690 posts

Hi @mcetnar, thanks for reaching out about this issue. This has been reported to the team, and they're working on a fix. Please keep an eye out for further updates.

Official Response
  • zhaiqiqi
    1 posts

I have this problem too, and it affects the game experience in particular

• AW7777777
    73 posts

@ubi-mushy

You said that "This has been reported to the team, and they're working on a fix." Are they ALSO going to look into the issue of the "scrolling" issue where you can't see the very top island in the list once you click anywhere on the list ???? This issue was also listed in the post "Bug in statistics production sheet of oil wells"

• nowayy
    7 posts

@ubi-mushy Same issue here. This is impacting gameplay and user experience a lot. Any timeframe on when we can expect a fix?
    In my experience with beta-testing, I find it weird this sort of bug made it through the beta-phase to be quite honest.

• mcetnar
    Original poster 24 posts

@nowayy I'm pretty sure that there had been absolutely no testing prior to "update" 13.0.
    Most of the issues introduced by that "update" are still unsolved, most are minor graphic/interface/translation problems that don't impact the game. This one is rather big though.

• AW7777777
    73 posts

I have already posted here, but ...
    On "top" of these issues I had to restart my game yesterday because it wouldn't let me change the value to pickup/drop off in ANY of my oil routes.
    I tried changing any of the values then click save only to see the value NOT changing. Game restart fixed it. I also have the OLD problem of one of my trade ships "stuck" leaving the New World. I can see it on the global map just sitting at the exit point of the NW. That problem occurred some months ago (not sure because I just noticed it.)

Oh, and another apparent temporary fix for the popular "directx 12 error" is to run "windowed" mode. FPS isn't as good but I can play forever without this error; once I change to "full screen" I'll get the error within a day. It seems to also be related to letting the game sit with no activity for an extended period or switching away from the game. It's like the game wants to be "baby-sitted." lol

Like EVERYONE else playing the game, I wish they would quit adding more problems and concentrate on the existing ones.
    I know they "say" they do testing but they should have a team dedicated to doing nothing but playing the game constantly so they can see all of these issues over time. It would save customers hundreds of hours posting to forums and sending files. I don't know of ANY other game that has as many issues that just go unresolved or get fixed ONLY to break the same functionality (case in point - ship stuck on world map.)

Sorry, there are multiple issues mentioned here but there are so many posts with so many issues I just wanted to let off some steam here.
    I have had probably 10 or more cases over the years. Not to mention the hours spent posting, making videos and sending files. It's really exhausting.

• mcetnar
    Original poster 24 posts

@aw7777777 I feel you.
    I don't play any other new games, so I don't know how the situation looks there. But I imagine that the entire industry is equally broken and it seems to be getting worse quickly. At least the team at Mainz made a really good game overall which, from what I've heard, can't be said about many other titles.
    The bugs are indeed very frustrating, but the game remains (somewhat) playable. Not that I'm defending their approach, I'm just trying to find a silver lining to the whole situation. 😉

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1222 posts

Hey there folks.

Thanks for your continued updates on this issue. The development team are actively working on resolving this issue. As soon as we can provide any updates for you on this we'll let you know.

@AW7777777

Hey there.

I can confirm that this scrolling bug is also a known issue and is under active investigation.

Our apologies for any inconvenience caused as a result of both of these issues whilst the team are working on a fix. Thanks.

Official Response

Suggested Topics