ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• L96_IIBuRnSII
    Original poster 15 posts

Can Raid Exotics have a chance of having the 3rd attribute being a random roll now? Because that would give extra motivation for doing the raids.

For example

Eagle Bearer

15% Weapon Damage
    21%Health Damage
    10% Damage to Targets out of cover

This change should only be able to happen on Raid Exotics only as they are harder to acquire than your regular exo's

This would be a welcome small/grindy addition whilst we wait for the new content

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DutchLMB4ever
    303 posts

@l96_iiburnsii I'd like this but slightly different.

Exotics in the LZ should always come with a 3rd "defensive" attribute:
    Optimal range, swap speed, reload speed, mag size.

Raid exotics should always come with a 3rd "offensive" attribute:
    HSD, CHD, CHC, DTA, DTTOC.

• HonestlyOK1986
    147 posts

@l96_iiburnsii there's what? 3 exotics in the raids? Not really worth it is it for 3 of them. If you're going to change 3 of them it may as well be opened up to change them all.

• Noxious81
    828 posts

Why can't we just keep the exotics as they are? You have to keep in mind that exotics also have talents which tend to fit the 3rd attribute (Eagle Bearer) or very powerful weapon mods that often compensate a "weaker" 3rd attribute.

As for the the second suggestion:
    I don't see why an AR not dropping from a raid should not have an "offensive" attribute, but the EB should have one? Some exotics dropping in the LZ need their current 3rd attribute to be on par with other weapons – or the 3rd attribute fits the exotic talent so that no other attribute would make sense. Especially as they also are balanced including exotic weapon mods, so messing around with RNG here does not seem to be a good idea.

And I have to admit that I anyway don't think that raid exclusive weapons need to be more attractive than they currently are.

• DutchLMB4ever
    303 posts

@noxious81

I don't see why an AR not dropping from a raid should not have an "offensive" attribute, but the EB should have one?

What? I'm talking about EB, Rav, Regulus.
    Not all AR's or other weapons...

Some exotics dropping in the LZ need their current 3rd attribute to be on par with other weapons

It's only for the 3 raid Exotic's not every Exotic in the game.
    So that solo players can have them as Exotic wall decoration.
    But if they like it and want a stronger one they still have to do Raid's, like everyone else.
    Making Raids still the place to be for the real deal.
    Instead of Raids being useless the moment those Exotics are not exclusive anymore.

or the 3rd attribute fits the exotic talent so that no other attribute would make sense.

True, but people like to experiment with builds, even if it doenst make sense.

• Noxious81
    828 posts
    (...) What? I'm talking about EB, Rav, Regulus.

And I was only referring to exotic ARs, the EB being the one dropping from raids only. So why should only the EB have the opportunity to roll an "offensive" 3rd attribute and the Chameleon, the Bighorn, and the Capacitor shouldn't? Especially the Bighorn (without CHD) and the Chameleon (without CHC) would become considerably worse... why should that be needed in terms of balancing?

(...) It's only for the 3 raid Exotic's not every Exotic in the game. (...)

To be precise, your suggestion was to have all exotic weapons not dropping from one of the raids only have the chance to roll Optimal Range, Swap Speed, Reload Speed, or Magazine Size:

That would be quite a nerf to all of those exotic weapons as currently every exotic weapon has an offensive 3rd attribute (except of the Backfire). And I don't think that this kind of nerf is necessary.

• DutchLMB4ever
    303 posts

@dutchlmb4ever
    I didn't say all Exotics, but I also didn't say Raid Exotics.
    But the OP was talking about Raid Exotics so I thought it was obvious I was talking about them.

What I meant:
    - The Open World/DZ/Mission versions of the EB, Rav and Regulus:
    Should always come with a defensive 3rd attribute.
    So that solo players can at least have them on their precious Exotic wall.
    But if they like the weapons and want it stronger, they still have to do the Raids.

- The Raid versions of the EB, Rav and Regulus:
    Should always come with a offensive 3rd attribute.
    So that Raids are not becoming useless.
    Plus it adds something to the grind
    - Better/Best attribute
    - Multiple attributes for multiple builds

• Noxious81
    828 posts
    (...) What I meant:
    - The Open World/DZ/Mission versions of the EB, Rav and Regulus: (...)

Yep, that wasn't clear before. I thought with "exotics in the LZ" you were referring to the existing exotics in the LZ.

Concerning adding raid exclusive exotics to the general loot pool (in whatever way) – I'd rather not again go down that road. We've had quite a few threads from people, not playing the raids and not willing to do anything for it, asking for this and each and every thread has taken the same direction. And it's off topic here anyway...

Suggested Topics