ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• locked Meet the Factions – The Elari, the Maru and the Jorn

0 likes/5 replies/6530 views
    editorial
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 1598

Factions always played an important role in The Settlers. We made sure that each faction would inspire different strategies that our players can explore and let theory-crafts run wild!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Hobbitz40
    ubisoft:x-posts, 1

This game is so beautiful and deep! I love the factions and the lore behind them, I hope it keeps expanding.

• OldTokken24
    ubisoft:x-posts, 84

@editorial @Ubi-Barbalatu Hey Ubisoft (Or should it be UbiJoke? How you tread your costumers is just a sad joke - just like this copy cat of an AoE!)
    I know you desperately wanted to go down this path with a competetive E-Sports game with a game that count not be that far away from it. The current version of this game was just assembled in the shortest period of time possible to present something BUT everyone can tell. Do yourself a favor and create a SandBox mode with the version of 2019 and improve on that - and during the life cycle of the game you can adjust, add and optimize both: the SandBox and the Skirmish mode.

Even the faction show that there have been changes in a short period of time without foughts behind it: Look at the faction of TWW3 there are completely different from each other - Playing as the Infested Demons you spread slow but are difficult to get rid of (Just like an infection) - Compare this to the War Demons they strike fast and live ruin behind and can even raise new armys after a battle to continue fighting. And there are a hell of a lot more examples than that and they start with 8 Factions not just 3.

The Settlers back then was never envisioned to be this game you are trying to sell as now and that is why it will not work - So many mechanics do not work because of that. Give us fans the SandBox with the version of 2019. Stop being a Joke! Listen and talk to your fans who come daily on your website to check if there are some new news about the game. If there is hope that someday the new settlers will be like the game we have been promised back in 2019. Break the silence already and do not repeat the same mistake again you did the last 2 years.

• m0hmmed
    ubisoft:x-posts, 9

I like the direction of the game now
    the combination of ( The Settlers and AoE4 )
    the mixing of (production chain ,buldings,roads on The Settlers With Attacking ,Defending, Raiding on AoE4)
    is way to go

I know most settlers fan want remaster of Settlers 2 or 3
    But let's move on and open our minds for somethings new

I just watched all 2019 gameplays and trailers again,
    Here are some funny things:

1- In 2019, you could build outposts and set the expanding zone, pioneers then expand your land in the set zone. You could reinforce outposts with troops and build a strong defense line with walls, out of wood and stone.

2- In 2019, you've seen the resources without digging for them. Iron or coal were visible stone-like objects on the ground and looking pretty nice and copper mine building is beautiful .

3- In 2019, you could upgrade residences. So you had level 1, 2, 3 with unique designs, reinforcing your villager count and bringing more dynamic into your cities.

4- In 2019, there were like five different unit types, without the healers and siege.

5- In 2019, there were different building levels if you're upgrading your town hall like in AoE. With a new level, you can also build new buildings like in AoE.

6- In 2019, there were even garnisons and more different towers.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    things need to change on the game:

1- Food is a (boost) is a good idea , but it should each type of foods give a (boost) for all buildings with out clicking boost bottom
    boost example : bread 20%,meat 15%,fish 15%,grips 10% total 60%
    if there is no food settlers work (20% slower ) and start asking for food

2-The big stock yard should named a tawn hall which should work as a stock yard and guild hall togather so we can create engineers (plus it's good idia to crate horse rider for exploration)
    remove guild hall for ever
    another point if can produce engneers with out tools , but they work 60% slowly with out tools on stock

3-Militery unit is poor and need a variety,balnce , there is no horses ,knights.
    Soldiers look like normal villagers
    You should focus on strategies movement ,attack and defend for the soldiers
    they move and attack randomly

4-Missing of Siege Artillerys (Catapults,Siege Tower,Siege Battering ram) and Naval Units all this are missing on the game

there is many many things I didn't mention
    like map desing and resorces mine , farm deisne which can not extend, some buldings take more space,disine of mines etc..

I wish they DELAY the game until Augest at lest !!
    so they can work on it and balnce the game

Many uncompleted games have been release this year and die in one month only
    the
    This is the year of abandoned games!!!

• AlxRou
    ubisoft:x-posts, 29

@hobbitz40 how it is deep exactly ??? I asume you have never played any Settlers game before?

Suggested Topics