ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PekenoSalta
    Original poster 7 posts

Hello Support. I have this problem since noon and it is not solved, first I have blamed it on the servers but then I do not know where to blame it.

This morning I've been playing until lunchtime (Europe) and in the afternoon if that has given me the same problem but in the end has entered until I had to go out to run some errands at about 19:00 here, since then I get the famous message that I left in the title of the topic. 

I play for logistical issues from GeForce Now, and I have tried all possible solutions from the support chat from boot as administrator to reinstall the game, or Ubisoft Connect itself. The same support has told me that my game license is active (I bought it last January 14 in your store). 

I have tried to connect with the account of a friend who also has the game and it opens both in GeForce Now and Ubisoft Connect on the PC where I am. So it is a problem of servers, services or other yours, so I need a solution.

I have found on the GeForce Now (GFN) support forums that there are already other people with the same problem... https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-tech-support/46/482579/rainbow-six-extraction-cant-be-launch/

Best regards, Peke.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WifiDuMcdo
    2 posts

I have exactly the same concern.

The difference being that I got the game through Microsoft GamePass.

I tried the same manipulations as @PekenoSalta , including with a friend, and I also used the GeForceNow service.

Best regards.

• RSWexen
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • UbiMint
    Ubisoft Support Staff 186 posts

Hi there, @PekenoSalta and @WifiDuMcdo!

Thanks for reaching out here about this, I'm happy to look into this for you. Were you both able to set up your Ubisoft and GeForce Now accounts before attempting to launch the game? To make sure of this, please check out this linked guide, and also try launching the Ubisoft Connect launcher and signing in to your Ubisoft account through GeForce Now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Official Response
  • WifiDuMcdo
    2 posts

@ubimint I tried to link and unlink the geforce and ubisoft account, but I still have the same problem

• PekenoSalta
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubimint Thank you for your response. 

I have disconnected the Ubisogt Connect account already several times from the GeForce Now panel (and I have connected it) and it still doesn't work for me? Sometimes I manage after many attempts to log in and play for a while. When I exit it starts again with the bug in question. 

Now I've gone out to test if switching to Ubisoft Connect on the PC worked but nothing, back to the failure.

I want to make the idea that it's the first day and the servers are up to load... But I don't know what to think.

• Ubi_Plush
    Ubisoft Support Staff 364 posts

@pekenosalta @WifiDuMcdo I appreciate you both updating us with the requested information. I have reported this issue to the game team, and, as you indicate @PekenoSalta , this has been reported by a number of players. The game team is now investigating the error message when launching via GeForce Now and will be looking deeper into the root cause. At this time, I do not have a workaround to provide.

Official updates will be posted to the News and Announcements thread regarding this issue. If a workaround is announced, I will post it here.

Official Response
  • UmiNicoHo
    1 posts

I am currently getting the same error message. I play the game through Geforce NOW using GamePass subscription. It was working smoothly and without any problem until this morning (around 10 A.M UTC +3). I just hope it gets fixed anytime soon
    undefined

• Niois
    1 posts

I have the same problem from time to time. Also using the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I started playing at release time with no problem. Then I played the whole day with any problem. After a break for Real Life related activities, i had this problem in the evening, which solved itself again. I tried to play again right now, with the same problem again. I tried to restart / reboot my PC, run the GeForce Now App as Administrator, nothing worked. Then i logged into the Ubisoft Connect App which is installed on my PC, tried Extraction over GFN App and it worked. Don't know if it's related ( I wouldn't see the point why ) but I'm ingame again.

• A.I.rchist
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • A.I.rchist
    2 posts

i have the same conditions as uminicoho, and having the same problem.

• levelterm
    1 posts

i got to play for a few hours and then i got this error

also every other ubi game i have on my library works just fine its just this one that does this to me

• flyingtuffy
    1 posts

@uminicoho im still having this problem I have only been able to get in 2 times and then it just stopped working again

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 828 posts

Hi all, thanks for updating this thread to let us know you're affected. I've passed your reports on to the team to help in their investigation. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates, and let me know if you run into any other issues.

Official Response
  • RazRaptre
    2 posts

Same issue here.

For a while I managed to 'fix' it by launching Ubisoft Connect, and then launching Extraction on GeForce. This logged me out on Connect because I was "logged in elsewhere", but as long as I didn't close the message box I could continue to play on GeForce.

As of 20m ago this workaround has stopped working. Hoping this can be fixed soon.

If it helps, I got Extraction on Gamepass PC, and I'm using the free trial of GeForce Now.

• Charrete-Vlrus
    1 posts

Hello, i also have this problem and I want to share more info (based on what happenned to me)

• I'm using the free version of Geforce Now, which obligates you to go back to queue after some time playing
    • This specific error happens every 4th time logging into the game (1st, 2nd and 3rd logins are fine)
    • Since every time you go back to queue, you are likely not going to get back to the same machine, that is probably the reason for the error
    • It doesn't really matter if you have your ubi account linked to Geforce Now or not, tried both ways, the error still happened after 3rd login
    • This error is like a soft-block / soft-ban from the game, when it happens you just can't play the game. after 6-8 hours (not sure, maybe less) you can play the game again, but if you use Geforce Now sooner or later you will repeat this cycle.

I got my game via PC Game Pass as well, but official Ubi Support on Discord said to me that this error shouldn't be related with owning the game with game pass.
    My guess is that the game soft-blocks you if you try to play it in more than 3 machines, probably the solution would be something about whitelisting geforcenow servers, but i'm not entirely sure. Also, worth noticing this bug happens even before the game launches, so this may have something to do with Ubi Connect, but again, not sure.

• RazRaptre
    2 posts

@charrete-vlrus you're right. Nvidia staff have stated that it's due to Ubi's DRM preventing more than 5 new activations every 24 hours.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-tech-support/46/482579/rainbow-six-extraction-cant-be-launch/

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1244 posts

Hey there folks.

Thanks for your reports so far on this issue.

The team are aware of this issue and it's under active investigation with both ourselves and NVIDIA.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of this whilst we're working on a resolution.

Official Response
  • HOLY.HolyDonkey
    4 posts

More than 10 days have passed since first reports and it's still not fixed, had the same thing yesterday, game wouldn't launch not even on Geforce Now (after few times) but also it stopped working on local computers. Some licence ban or something? I asked Epic for refund and even having a bit more than 2 hours, did get it. Really... things like that should be fixed instantly. You got exact reason why and what is happening.

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Ubisoft Support Staff 938 posts

@holy-holydonkey Hi there, I do apologize for the frustration this has caused. As Ubi-Orion stated, this is something our teams are aware of and investigating.

When there is an update concerning this, it will be posted here on our News & Announcements page, as well as the game's Twitter.

Official Response

Suggested Topics