ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• atomkey
    Original poster 1 posts

Logged on tonight (1/20/22) [xbox series x] and I can't use the X button for anything except reloading, which just proves the controller works and that's it. I am unable to open a vendor, the skills/perks table, any stash and so on. I filed a "ticket" with ubisoft... says they will get back in 2 to 3 business days.

I've rebooted the xbox, restarted, cycled power on the controller... nada. I saw a reddit post that says to join a matchmake session and when it's done it will go back to working. I have yet to try that - but it's next.

Thoughts are welcome.

Atomkey.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• the_Kettle
    218 posts

Maybe try remapping your keys - swap with a different button, test them, then swap it back and see if that helps.

• Noxious81
    828 posts

@atomkey

Welcome agent!

Some more thoughts that might help (as they have helped for other agents in seemingly similar situations or with other Ubisoft games):

• In case you have other Bluetooth devices connected to your Xbox, try disconnecting and restarting the game/the console.
    • In case you never close TD2 and it remains in your Quick Resume games, try completely closing the game.
    • In case you have a Play & Charge Kit, you might try connecting the controller via cable and see if the problem persists.
    • Sometimes updating the controller can also help (although I doubt that this is the issue here).

• Oatiecrumble
    477 posts
    1. Update your controller, go to devices and accessories to do this
    2. Clear system cache: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/xbox-360/console/clear-system-cache
    3. Hold down the Xbox power button for 10 seconds to power down your xbox
    4. Take the Xbox power cable out
    5. Unplug your router from the mains for 1 minute
    6. Power up your router and wait until the router is fully up and running
    7. Plug the Xbox power cable back in
    8. Power up your Xbox

The above normally fixes everything for me if a problem arises.

• BT3241
    120 posts

I have a similar problem with the PS I will join a team and the first thing I notice is the players names are skewed and all I can do is reload - I have no access to the menu so I can't even leave the team I Have to reboot the game on the play station and it goes back to normal - this has been happening on a regular basis lately. I thought maybe it was the TV or PS but I am sure its a game glitch.

Suggested Topics