ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Revenant-UK
    Original poster 1 posts

Solo am fed up with being penalised for playing on my own, I was thankful for the introduction playmates but cannot use them in raids so penalised not allowed to play for Koblin, why can I not purchase in Maria's shop.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1128 posts

Blame it on the drugs that the Studio brought from Bolivia. I am thinking they are still under the stupor caused by it. 😊

• Gmoneymozart
    51 posts

@revenant-uk I have no problem with Ghost Recon moving towards co-op play with "raids" and having "raids" rewards those players with gear. The problem is the design of the raids with robot bullet sponge boss fights rather than more realistic compounds that are filled with tons of enemies, intel gathering, HVT captures, assassinations etc. Anyway, I suggest you join someone like H4VOK G4MING discord and roll out with a group that won't mind carrying you as they raid constantly on all platforms and are very friendly towards beginners.

• AngriusMaximus
    41 posts

I wouldn't mind the group Raids too much honestly if the bosses actually had BIGGER HIT SPOTS...

As it is the current bull-shittium invulnerable chassis armor plating and tiny-AF a**hole of a weak spot on the raid bosses is what gets me, oh, that and the fact that medics cannot self-revive (way to cripple us Ubi), and the fact that there is literally no way to refill ammo once inside the boss arenas.

So basically not only do we have to deal with AI-aimbot infantry shooting us, we also have to deal with what is essentially a super-guntank / super-sized daleks if they had dual 30mm autocannons, muli-missile systems, and the ability to flatten us while there is almost ZERO cover for the players, and no way to damage them aside from the tiny star-warsesque exhaust port in their super-duper-magic-fairy-metal armor plating, while we, the players, have VERY limited ammo, no armor, [censored] for health, no way to pick ourselves up, and did I mention this, ZERO EFFECTIVE COVER.

• ClemsonDriver
    24 posts
    Solo am fed up with being penalised for playing on my own, I was thankful for the introduction playmates but cannot use them in raids so penalised not allowed to play for Koblin, why can I not purchase in Maria's shop.

The greater the risk the greater the reward

That's not a concept unique to Breakpoint...lots of games and genres do it too. Think of a way for a solo player like yourself to get the same reward as a raid player with equal amount of risk then you can get the equal reward as them. Your suggestion of "purchase in Maria's shop" isnt what i would call a 'high risk high reward' situation. Games * have * done really hard solo content almost on the same difficulty level as group content. So just have to think of a way to do that for this game.

• AngriusMaximus
    41 posts

@Revenant-UK

Honestly I agree with you concerning the stupidity of the raid in a mil-sim tactical shooter series. But you dont really need the Koblin, unless you are drone hunting. The Honey Badger more or less performs the same as it and the blueprints can be bought in Maria's store. Or you can do the Bodark storyline in the main game to unlock a custom skin version of it. As an added plus, since the Honey Badger is classified as an SMG (idiotic really since it basically uses an assault rifle equivalent cartridge IRL and full on 7.62mm NATO in-game), the Panther Class can retain full damage while shooting it with a suppressor.

Hope this helps.

@clemsondriver

While the whole 'high-risk-high-reward' concept may work for a pure looter shooter / rpg, it doesn't really work with a series like Ghost Recon, due to the premise of the series in the first place.

I personally feel that the main issue is that they tried to introduce pseudo looter-shooter and rpg-style mechanics into a series that has primarily been focused on near-future mil-sim and semi-tactical combat (for the later GR games that is. The OG GR games kicked [censored] in the tactics department). As a result the game basically came out half-baked with glitches that persist even today like enemy spawn issues (behemoths...) and REALLY crappy initial gameplay experience, and the backlash if you recall, basically caused Ubi stocks to tank after release.

The primary fanbase for Ghost Recon never really liked the raid that much in the first place, given the mechanics and difficulty with it, and the locking of content behind it while requiring a 4-player team, in a series previously known for an immersive SOLO tactical mil-sim experience. Furthermore, the sheer ludicrousness of the raid bosses as I mentioned (I.E. the "[censored]-of-a-weakpoint") in a previously semi-realistic series further breaks immersion.

Furthermore, while I do understand the devs (or maybe upper management / marketing etc...) at Ubi want to incentivize the raid, the original primary GR fanbase seemed to prefer a more decent and immersive solo storyline experience. Instead what was received was a half-baked attempt at basically cloning the Division series, but reskinned as ghost recon instead, with gameplay mechanics that were at times outright useless and weapon stats that made literally no sense (e.g. the damages for some weapons being inconsistent despite literally having the same calibers, arbitrary buffs / debuffs on attachments, etc). Furthermore, the original locking of many cosmetics behind the raid, which were previously free in prior games and also BASIC ISSUE in the military, did not make sense, and the locking of certain weapons behind it is basically a slap in the face to long time players / supporters of the franchise, who may view this move as a way to forcefully pad gameplay time.

• ClemsonDriver
    24 posts

@clemsondriver

While the whole 'high-risk-high-reward' concept may work for a pure looter shooter / rpg, it doesn't really work with a series like Ghost Recon, due to the premise of the series in the first place.

I personally feel that the main issue is that they tried to introduce pseudo looter-shooter and rpg-style mechanics into a series that has primarily been focused on near-future mil-sim and semi-tactical combat (for the later GR games that is. The OG GR games kicked [censored] in the tactics department). As a result the game basically came out half-baked with glitches that persist even today like enemy spawn issues (behemoths...) and REALLY crappy initial gameplay experience, and the backlash if you recall, basically caused Ubi stocks to tank after release.

Well that looter-shooter and rpg crap is what we're stuck with unfortunately so thats why i needed to explain to the OP the whole concept of high risk high reward.

• AngriusMaximus
    41 posts

@clemsondriver

Yep, and that's kinda the sad truth of the situation...😢

Suggested Topics