ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• archsh3riff
    Original poster 126 posts

Not always, but after a while, using key to take screenshot from ubisoft connect, it crashes the game ..
    sometimes its right after the game starts, first screenshot .. sometimes its after about an hour of playing.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @archsh3riff, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about the issue you are having with taking screenshots in-game.

I wasn't exactly sure however based on what you've mentioned, I take it that crash may not follow right after taking the screenshot and in some instances it can occur after an hour of playing, is that right? Additionally, can you advise us whether there is any error message that follows after?

In the meantime, for troubleshooting purposes, before you take any screenshots, make sure you got all of your background software/applications closed/disabled temporarily, as there is a possibility that it may intervene and therefore result in game crash.

Let us know and we will take it from there!

Official Response
  • archsh3riff

@ubi-karl
    thanks ..
    sometimes i can take pictures with no problems, spamming F12 like there is no tomorrow, no crash
    sometimes, i just press it and kaboom .. crash.
    I use this during conversations and cutscenes because there you cant use photo mode .. sometimes it happens 1 minute within the game, sometimes after an hour .. more or less its random. I dont take pictures of everything so sometimes i can play an hour without taking a single picture but there are hours where i do take them.
    The only program that is running (other than windows aps on start up), is firefox .. but its crashing even when its off.

There is no crash report, no error message.
    Most of the time, the game just shuts down, there is the save synch window on ubisoft and thats about it. Sometimes, like 1 out of 10 times, the game wont shut down, only freeze and process needs to be ended

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 623 posts

Hello @archsh3riff and thanks for attaching the screenshot and providing more details.

As far as I understand not all of the crashes were caused by pressing F12? Speaking about the issue with screenshots crashes, our developers are aware of this issue and are investigating.

However if crashes and freezes are random, please can you check through the steps in this article and see if there's anything you haven't tried yet, as we just need to rule out any of the most common causes of issues on PC first of all.

Please let us know how it goes.

Official Response
  • archsh3riff

@ubi-oxavo
    ALL crashes happens only after taking the screenshot .. it just doesnt happen at the same time .. like after 10 minutes or every 10th picture.
    Sometimes its 1 minute after i start the game .. after taking the screenshot
    sometimes its after an hour, after taking the screenshot ..
    Always after pressing the F12 .. just more often the game crashes, rarely it freezes .. but always after the screenshot

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 623 posts

Hello @archsh3riff , thank you for clarifying that for me!

This is an issue we are aware of and the development team currently have under investigation. We'll share more information as soon as we have it. 
    Thanks for your patience and understanding. Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Official Response

Suggested Topics