ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheExplosiveGuy
    Original poster 1 posts

I am utterly ashamed of myself for paying for this game, I can't believe how far Ubisoft has fallen. It would take me two hours to list everything wrong with FC6 and only about 2 minutes to list what I liked. I just can't comprehend all the decisions that were made in this game's base design, getting rid of the skill tree? [censored]? And who exactly asked for RPG elements? I didn't. My friends didn't. And as far as I can tell nobody else did either but yet they still did it. The weapons are all anemic and underwhelming, the resolver weapons are horrifically designed, MacGyver himself would be ashamed of them. And the wokeness! I can't even begin to explain how F*%king tired I am of wokeness, like I am getting to the point that at the first sign of anything woke I am done with it no matter how much I liked their previous installments, permanently. I've tried really hard to like FC6 but after the 25-30 hours I have regretfully put in I'm uninstalling it. I haven't finished the game yet and I don't think I will. I've been a die-hard Farcry fan ever since 2 came out and have given Ubisoft a lot of money, but I'm done now. If Ubisoft makes another installment I'm not buying it, they have ruined this series and my continued patronage. I don't really even care if anybody engages with this topic, I'm not going to be back on this forum any time soon, I just hope Ubisoft reads it so they know they have lost yet another customer. My brother is just as [censored], he doesn't make a lot of money and the full cost of this game hurt him but he didn't care, it's Far Cry right? Wrong. Now we're both out $70 for something we hate.

Ubisoft, if you're reading this, you have let us all down. Whoever is running the show over there needs to step down and let someone with talent and common sense take over, because they have neither. I'm done now, I don't think I can type more without cursing.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rickidoo2010
    143 posts

@theexplosiveguy I have my issues with 6, but I think your political affiliation is greatly shading objectivity for the rest of the game. Almost identical rpg stuff was there in New Dawn, and like New Dawn, most of it can be shut off. I've got no issue with things like that as long as they can be turned off. I'm happy if someone who does like that enjoys it.

Skill tree - yeah I miss that too but it's not the end of the world without it. I'd say it was an attempt to try something new and will leave it at that.

My biggest issue with FC 6 - and maybe the only one of import to me - is how easy the combat generally is. A movie without conflict is no movie at all. An FPS with little combat challenge is boring. FC 6's combat was hit and miss and mostly miss. So much so that I just could not bring myself for another game walk through.

But getting back to wokeness... and any other political non-sense in any game ... that's what reviews are for. Anytime someone complains about something like that and it was clear as can be in the zillionyou tube videos what was in the game... well... I think that is the real issue, one of education. Check out the videos before buying a game.

• Kormac67
    1068 posts

@theexplosiveguy Retail price is 60$ and you can get a key from a reseller for 33$. If you paid 70$ 4 months after launch the laugh is on you.

• GameGuru2018
    218 posts

@theexplosiveguy

When someone tears something from his heart and doesn't like the result.......always sad.

Developers, you should think about the opposite.
    What if you let someone become a part of the game.

Something like - "You want to be a part of the next Far Cry? Not as some fictional character.
    You can be a part of Far Cry as you are. Even with your first and last name."

-"Million bucks and you're wellcome!"
    Your million bucks. Or several millions. Ubisoft should decide for itself how much they should pay.

There're many rich people with sick Ego who will gladly agree.

• Rum_Thief
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Hexagon12
    34 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • GameGuru2018
    218 posts

Developers, think about it!

Think about how to involve these bags of money in your game.
    Better billionaires, greedy for vanity.

They're flying into space, they buy useless trinckets at auctions for tons of money, they go crazy out of boredom and overfeeding.....

Help them!

Let them satisfy their vanity by being a part of a popular game.
    Find the greediest.
    And leave a vacant place for several characters.

Don't be modest, overcharge!
    1,10,100 millions.......take a maximum.

In any case, extra money for the game development won't hurt you.

• closedmouth
    49 posts

Logged in to like and bump this post, I did only pay like 30 and tax because I used some MS points but still Id like my money back and my MS points refunded at this point I'll never play this game again.

• Butcherbird59
    132 posts

@rickidoo2010

the only one of import to me - is how easy the combat generally is....

not my sentiments coz you are out of ammo in many missions and all is left is the machete-kill

• YazX_
    186 posts

@theexplosiveguy agreed with every word, unfortunately the game is so bad and not fun at all, i thought New Dawn is the worst and it also got massive negative reviews, but yet they went full scale with FC6 for it to be even worse.

sadly all ubisoft games have gone this route, all fun parts are stripped from each game and lost their identities.

• Hexagon12
    34 posts

@theexplosiveguy With you there champ. My least favourite game in the whole series. Any characters of interest like El Tigre and RonRon get killed off but all the woke lemons survive (the rap twits and their gay fat mate and the stupid poet). Only one Resolver was useful (the rocket pack as it could take down choppers), the outfit stuff sucked balls, Dani was not bad as a character, they could've done more with Espada, the amigos were pretty lame (especially roller-dog), the sandbox was good, but the whole Maximas Matanzas woke piece was just tedious. I tried to find a way to blow them up or to get the military to wipe them out with no luck. The only good thing about the game was that Ubisoft didn't find a way to insert that idiot Hurk into the story.

• Hewsmoises
    1 posts

ubisoft [censored] game platform

• DV20Katana
    162 posts

Dont worry, you are not alone. I agree with every single one of your points. As Ive said too many times before - Far Cry 6 is not a Far Cry game. It is a Just Cause 4 expansion. It is about the furthest Ubi has gone from the classic Far Cry formula. The series now has lost its way.

When the first FC6 trailer appeared so many of us were excited. It was a dark trailer showing riots, a great villain, a city on fire, menacing rioters and all that. Remember that? Remember how dark it all felt?

How great these scenes looked. Little did we know that the rest of the trailers would reveal what a cartoon this game was actually gonna be.

So when I saw these scenes I was so pumped - finally Far Cry had gone a little more..serious? This would be much fun to play! And then later the other trailers came and I saw the guerillas....who look like they just arrived from an EDM beach party.

So we have this vile villain and to help fight him not only do we get clown guerillas but also a cart-towing dog, attack rooster and a crocodile. At least using them is optional. Oh but it didnt end there. Next we have these super weapons, one of them lets you see through walls. Oh but Ubi game ALREADY come with HUD super hero powers that have xray vision and all that.

And this is where (for me) it stopped being a Far Cry game and became a Just Cause 4 expansion.

Ubi makes amazing open worlds (and let me be clear - Yara is extremely well done, Ubi excels at world building) and then ruins them with odd game mechanics and other design features.

I could go on but I'll stop now. Absolute disappointment. I sincerely hope FC7 is not another repeat of this. Im a huge fan of the series and Im happy with previous titles (well, everything before FC5) but not this one.

In the meantime - Im going back to the classics, FC1/2/3/4/Primal.

• Deflagosseur
    46 posts

I think people expect too much from games now and that includes me. Especially big titles like this one.

• flybyme
    197 posts

@theexplosiveguy Requesting a Refund for Digital Purchases

You can request a refund for a digital order within 14 days of your purchase, as long as the content has not been launched.

Return requests for digital products can be submitted by selecting the Ask for a refund link next to the relevant product on the Order History page of the Ubisoft Store

Purchases for consumables, downloadable content, in-game currency, digital console keys, or purchases from our in-game stores are final and not eligible for refunds.

Ubisoft titles purchased through the following approved retailers are subject to their respective store policies and will need to be refunded directly by the vendor:

• GameGuru2018
    218 posts

@dv20katana

How do you see it.......serious Far Cry?

Decipher what do you mean by this? Serious.

• rickidoo2010
    143 posts

Wah wah wah wah ... whine... whine... whine... whine... and the crying goes on. Now that we have reached the Title 5 update which corrected some of the very things people are still complaining about (e.g., seeing enemies through walls - preferences now properly work for that), FC 6 is without a doubt the best crafted FC game ever made. Every FC game since the original has evolved some more than others... and the whiners bash it when stays the same and they bash it when it goes for something different. There's a common thread here.

There's also a whole crowd that drags their political views and bias and pounds on the game like it was some kind of political statement itself. It's just a game. It may bring in current themes but it is not in itself running for office and making its views the reason for its existence.

And yeah these people who yell "If I only knew!!! I would not have bought it... I want a refund!!!".... how can someone in 2021/2022 not know what a AAA FC game game is about at launch time?.. I mean there are 10,000 different you tube videos out there picking it apart for good and for bad. Do your homework. Wait a few weeks after launch. Don't like what you see? Move on. And don't, ever, never for any game FC or not pre-order.

The thing many people don't get about FC 6 and FC's in general, is that you can play it they way YOU like. Don't like the all powerful surpremos? Don't use them. Want guns blazing? Do that! Want Stealth? Do that. Want 22nd century military bells and whistles when you look at the world with every threat and target marked? Do that. Want a clean screen and almost no bells and whistles? (After Title 5..) do that! Don't like cut scenes? Skip (most of) them.

And I gotta make mention of one thing about FC 6 after Title 5 - I am having an absolute blast in Guerilla mode. What a challenge. If someone could measure my brain's endorphine output it would be pegged at maximum. And being able to change ammo types on the fly - thank you thank you thank you!

So look... the game may not be everything we want it to be. And gamers, including me, want a game to cater to us. There's a great deal of flexibility in game play in FC 6 that previous FC's did not reach. I've played FC 6 a lot since it launched, and it took me a long time (and patches through title 5), to see that there is brilliance in this game design. Is it perfect? No. But it's the most engaging FC game ever.

My Rig: PC, 32GB, 1080ti, Ultra-wide screen, i-9700, SSD

• rumenrs
    17 posts

Totally agree with you! After 59 hours of playing... I can say - this is sh... (let's keep) 🙂 Ubisoft become junk food ... aa I''m sorry - JUNK GAMES!!! Many bugs, many poor level, many stupid mission, many unuseful weapons, I'm playing with 1-2 guns and that is .... what ???
    P.S. My account: 3 years with Ubi 17 games played
    So I can say - they are degrade (especially after Valhalla)

• GameGuru2018
    218 posts

Developers, don't do such mistakes next time!

First you've said - there is no politics in the game.
    Then, when people didn't like like it, you've said - there is politics in the game.

You've started making excuses in an attempt to please gamers.
    Double mistake!

First - saying that there is no politics and second - making excuses, saying something to the contrary.

Watch your tongue.
    Think twice before saying something!
    A word spoken is past recalling.

In ideal, the game should be a bit higher than politics.
    It should go deeper.

For example, not Capitalism vs Communism, but - are we just animals or something more.
    How far the freedom of one person can go and when the freedom of one person starts violate another person's freedom.
    Existentially, economically, politically.....
    Substituition of notions, brainwashing and so on.

Better to show deeper layers than momentory political squabbles.

Brainwashing and ignorance are the greatest enemies of humanity.
    Ignorance is a terrible power.
    The Devil itself.

You will do something with all your strength and heart thinking that you're right.

And......people rarely choose between good and evil.
    More often they choose between evil and more evil.

• DV20Katana
    162 posts

@gameguru2018

It was only because of that first trailer. This one:

Because of that trailer I thought this FC6 would be leaning towards darker undertones and less of the clown circus theme park feel of FC Primal, FC5 etc where you can have pet bear companions etc. I thought this would therefore be a little more serious. Still fun to play but without the extreme jokey feel of some of the past titles.

A country plunged into despair and conflict, a population rioting and uprising against a tyrannical ruler. This is the sort of tone I thought the game would have throughout - a nice change.

Then of course (and I dont want to repeat myself) later trailers showed the circus elements and immersion killers (for me) from the party-like guerillas, combat rooster/croc/dog, HUD superpowers etc. Yes I appreciate you do not have to have those animals as companions and that many HUD super power elements can be turned off , that you do not have to use magic weapons and backpack rocket launchers but it did bring home to me that FC will not release a more "serious" game ever.

I speak for myself here but if I want madness in an open world I turn to Rico in Just Cause 2/3/4, the problem for me is that FC6 has one foot firmly in Just Cause territory - I want FC to be different. To be more serious than Just Cause 4.

I also know im in the minorty - for one person like me theres a million others who love the game, i know thats the reality. I just hope that Ubi does give us a punishing Immersive Mode. Like what they did with Breakpoint - but better and more punishing.

Suggested Topics