ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ItzzzJohnnyBoy
    11 posts

@ubi-oxavo

How can I send you the link without it getting flagged as spam?

• ItzzzJohnnyBoy
    11 posts

@ubi-oxavo any update or am I just out of luck?

• lemmie88
    291 posts

@itzzzjohnnyboy It's hard to tell for sure, but at 1:10, it looks like its Norvid you are shouldering by on your way out the door. I don't know how that helps if he wont go to his shop. Hope you get Ubi-help soon.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3040 posts

Hey @ItzzzJohnnyBoy I believe @lemmie88 may be correct, it looks like Norvid is in that video as you exit the building near the dock.
    The man with the dark short hair, wearing the grey fur shawl and green tunic, with a shield on his back.

Are you able to find him when you load your save around the dock area again?

Official Response
  • ItzzzJohnnyBoy
    11 posts

@ubi-milky @lemmie88 @ubi-oxavo

Ladies and Gents I found him… but it won’t let me speak to him

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3040 posts

Thanks for the update @itzzzjohnnyboy!

What happens if you try meditating? Are you then able to speak to Norvid or is he still giving you the silent treatment?

Can you try fast speaking to Randvi and also going to sleep in your bed, then return to Norvid, to see if he will then speak after interacting with others and progressing the day?

Official Response
  • ItzzzJohnnyBoy
    11 posts

@ubi-milky

I had already tried speaking to Norvid after meditating before but I did it here again to show you. 

Different attempts.
    1. Speak to ranvi then Norvid
    -no success 
    2. Meditate then speak to Norvid 
    -no success
    3. Speak to Ranvi, Meditate, find and speak to Norvid
    -no success

• azullFR
    2417 posts

@itzzzjohnnyboy

just a thought :
    did you try talking to Norvid after fast travelling to another country {Norway, Asguard, Ireland DLC, (you will need to do some more steps in the Ireland DLC), or Paris DLC} ?

Really, really not sure this will solve your problem, but worth a try if not already done

Fingers crossed for you 🤞

(approximative english, sorry)

• ItzzzJohnnyBoy
    11 posts

@azullfr I just tried traveling to Norway and back but it didn’t fix anything. I’ll probably try progressing in the Druid and Paris DLC a little tonight to see if that changes anything. I do have many people to talk to in my settlement for mission so maybe that is causing issues. I appreciate your help. I’m hoping we can solve this before the event ends

• azullFR
    2417 posts

@itzzzjohnnyboy

Oh, just thinking,
    maybe going in Animus (North America modern days)
    I would also suggest to try changing the gender, but you should make a manual save before and put it in a safe place (USB stick) if you can 🙂

• idk_who_i_am_00
    9 posts
    Thanks for the update @itzzzjohnnyboy!

What happens if you try meditating? Are you then able to speak to Norvid or is he still giving you the silent treatment?

Can you try fast speaking to Randvi and also going to sleep in your bed, then return to Norvid, to see if he will then speak after interacting with others and progressing the day?

Apparently I'm also having the same problem...I found him near barracks..but he is not letting me to speak to him... He's just going around and drinking ...but not going to his shop nor letting me to speak..

• ItzzzJohnnyBoy
    11 posts

@idk_who_i_am_00 yeah it’s kind of funny he started fishing in my game one time. I don’t think simply reloading the game in different ways is going to do anything. Guess we’ll just wait to see what Ubi says..

• azullFR
    2417 posts

@itzzzjohnnyboy
    @idk_who_i_am_00

seems that some scripts have their on life in this game :
    I have Runes vendors at Repton who went away =

1. in my first account it was months ago,
    2. in my second account he vanished one month ago

I'm still waiting an Ubi response for last one....

But it's far less problematic that your issues are...
    Good luck to both of you 🤞

• lemmie88
    291 posts

Seems the festivals are not made with players doing the main campaign in mind. NPCs get all confused about where they should be. You see players with Norvid missing for Yule/Sigrblot/Oskoreia and they don't change anything between festivals. When I played the main game during Yule, I spent 1hr pushing Randvi down the hill with my horse, just so I could continue the main story. Big headache.

At the time, going to Norway and back or changing graphics mode would reset the NPCs position. That's how I caught Randvi outside the longhouse, anyway. But sounds like you've tried everything already. Best of luck. Hopefully, Norvid is just waiting to spout his story lines and will show up at his shop soon.

• ItzzzJohnnyBoy
    11 posts

@lemmie88 @ubi-milky @ubi-oxavo what are the odds this gets fixed for the next event?

• lemmie88
    291 posts

@itzzzjohnnyboy From what I've seen so far, close to none. It has been a year already and it seems they only prioritize serious bugs that affect a majority of players, especially for time-limited events. The fact that a subset of players in the middle of the campaign will ALWAYS have Norvid issues is likely deemed acceptable or very low priority. In the past, if its enough of a clustermuck, they'll make those event items claimable on Connect after the festival is over. I doubt that'll happen this time, sadly.

They will let the event time out and hope that you've finished whatever plot involving Norvid by the time the next festival rolls around.
    But personal experience with this game has made me a real cynic. Please prove me wrong, Ubi!

• ItzzzJohnnyBoy
    11 posts

@itzzzjohnnyboy @ubi-milky @ubi-oxavo

a day or two ago I finished the story mode for AC Valhalla and It fixed my Norvid issue. He was at his post and was open for dialogue

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. I've merged together several threads about Norvid's disappearance during the Oskoreia festival together into a single thread. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge.

As the Oskoreia Festival has now ended, we will be marking this thread as "Resolved" and locking the thread. If you are having trouble with any other festival in-game, then please don't hesitate to create a new thread so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics