ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Acloose
    Original poster 3 posts

Heya!

I've been having issues playing extraction recently on series x hardware. I downloaded the game through gamepass to play with friends and been having alot of fun...you know when it doesn't crash. It seems to happen at random times, but seems restricted to whenever I'm in a game. Sometimes it'll happen an hour or two into a game, or it might crash in 10 minutes. I haven't seen it crash in the menus yet interestingly enough. I'm unsure if this is my console itself that's acting up as I've been having the same issues with Halo Infinite recently. So I'm left wondering if it's the games that are the problem, or my console itself which would be a shame since I only recently got it. However these two games are the only ones I'm having problems with and the rest work fine. I'm having a lot of fun playing extraction but I'm almost afraid of getting into matchmaking to play since I don't want to get penalized or ruin the experience for others.

Thanks for the help!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1252 posts

@acloose

Hey there.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this.

This will sound like a strange question but can you confirm what language you're playing the game with? We are aware of crashes that seem to be caused by playing the game in specific languages.

Thanks.

Official Response
  • Acloose
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-orion

Hey! I'm playing the game in English.

also I'd like to add that on occasion, extraction has completely shut my xbox down. It's very strange...

• Ubi_Plush
    364 posts

@acloose Thank you for clarifying. And the console language settings are English as well?

Are you exiting out of the game completely or using Quick Resume features?

Just in case, I also recommend our general troubleshooting guide for the Series X. Let me know if you see any changes.

• Acloose
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi_plush
    Yes, the console is in english as well. I exit out of the game completely. Usually because last time I played it, it crashed.
    As for troubleshooting, my console is up to date, I've power cycled, reinstalled the game, cleared my cache, and even reset my console and the issue still persists. I have a friend who plays on the series s but he doesn't seem to have any issues when he's playing. You think my console might be the culprit? That would really be a shame...

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3384 posts

Hey @acloose ,

As per the troubleshooting guide, did you also try loading the game with your console offline as well as ensure it's your home console?

Official Response

Suggested Topics