ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sellsoap
    Original poster 7 posts

I bought the game to play with a friend of mine or solo. After 2 days, I can tell for sure that there is no scaling at least for 2 (or is buggy), and maybe some scaling for one. We face the same hundreds of enemies like for 3 players, & the aberant nests are almost impossible even for 3, we had them more than 20 times and we got it only twice with a random team of 3, and many teams are skipping them completely altogether. Likewise is the stupid triangulation which even with 3 players, the time is so short that you never make it to the stattions. Same problems with solo, no scaling at all. I do not know if it is designed only for 3 but I dont care since it mentions 1 to3 players.
    Also the game needs a manual because many players do not know how the objectives are met (especially what it means take down, or lure the enemy, and so)
    Please put an easy difficulty or scale correctly the game, because it is way too hard for 3 players already, and we want to have fun, not save the world from aliens....

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• theash85
    3 posts

@sellsoap Hey there! There are certain scaling going on with for e.g. aberrant nests, (5 nests to destroy per player), and yes, random people miss the point on the "cooperative" and "tactical" part of a cooperative tactical shooter. If you coordinate, you can easily clear the nests. For triangulation, I would advise to clear at minimum the path between A-B-C before going for the button, also, it's the easiest mission if you have three people with some brains.
    You have to think outside the box sometimes, but we all have 15 minutes per zone. Make it count.
    Cheers

• NLxAROSA
    17 posts

Figuring out how to do an objective is part of the game. Personally I would have preferred that ALL objectives were in the VR training so you can try different approaches/Operators/loadouts. I play mostly solo and it's certainly all doable. I think balancing, esp. in early game is a bit off; it's quite brutal if you don't know the maps/how to play and also don't have the proper equipment (e.g. claymores are fairly essential for solo defensive objectives, but you don't unlock them you've progressed a bit).

For objectives that require a path, e.g. the triangulation or rescue asset: work backwards and clear nests along the path. Don't start the first button (or get the asset) until you have a clear path. For triangulation: make sure you locate all the stations first so you can build a path. The path itself should only take a minute or so, the work is in the preparations.

• N8Farious
    1 posts

@sellsoap Game takes some planning to be successful. As people are saying, clear routes to the objectives before starting them and also clear route to extraction/next airlock beforehand. Ideally, you just clear the entire map but once you start facing Apex enemies, avoidance might be better.

For triangulation, just have one person sit at each station. You can finish the whole thing in 2 seconds and walk out that way. As for the aberrant nests, just communicate about who will take out which nests, covering them all, countdown, and open fire. Usually can get them cleared out with only 1, maybe 2 enemies spawning.

As NLxAROSA states, figuring these things out is part of the fun!

• Parabellum84
    9 posts

@sellsoap

i am wondering, did you and your friend even think of scouting all the stations before activating them?
    i mean obviously you failed this objective multiple times - so just trying something different seems so ... obvious

same with abberant nests, scout them all, then position the team as best as you can and then blast away at once
    that aint no difficult concept

if that is to much tactics for you guys maybe this isnt the game for you, there are coop shooters with more shooting and less thinking (which you guys seem to prefer...)

• forgecat
    7 posts

@sellsoap Rather than telling you to "get good" I agree that there should be way better scaling between 1p 2p and a full 3p party.

Right now it feels zero scaling difference between 2p and 3p. Honestly.... MHW suffered for not having 3p vs 4p scaling. They put it in in MHRise and everyone was happy. Sometimes you just want to play with the folks you know and scaling makes it happen.

Also with the way HP right now can ONLY be restored by playing more... better scaling especially at the early hump of the game when your operators are lvl 1 and barely any toolkit diversity... some better "newcomers track" scaling would be nice.

Yes for the 3 beacon mission scouting all 3 ahead of time is a must.. but the first time you get that mission... its an easy mistake to make. The game isnt shouting at you to have them all lit simultaneously and when they are lit up they will attract enemies... until the very last second when you flip one on.

Suggested Topics