ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• H8MyBoss
    Original poster 6 posts

Thought I would ask for some feedback from the community on this one.

Ok, I am trying my best to run a friend thru the game, and he's, well, not the best at the game. I'm running a skill healing set, and he's just running whatever because he refuses to take the time for me to teach him about builds (wHaTeVeR lEt'S jUsT kIlL [censored]). He's a very good friend in real life, so I gotta really execute patience while gaming with him.

We can get to the third terminal phase of the fight, but that's it. I'm far too busy trying to kill the drones, turrets and hives, and trying to deal with the panels that pop up after activating the terminals. It's just too much for me to handle. I did this fight solo when Warlords first dropped, but I am getting absolutely r*ped when trying it with a friend.

Before I make him queue for two randos, does anyone have any advice for this fight? I'd hate to change my build, as healing is all I'm used to.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    680 posts

@h8myboss During the fight with the big flying drone and entering the building to confront keener, there should be a ship with shock ammo box on the right side of the drone arena, pickup and put it on your pistol and keep it reserved to the keener fight, that way you can keep keener stunlocked while your friend shoots him

• M00nMe
    19 posts

@xcel30 That is a good tactic, but that is assuming that you don't die before keener and lose the special ammo. The guy is actually talking about before he gets to the Keener fight.

My suggestion: When you are in the area before the eclipse missile, You should consider changing your gear. In this area, a lot of armour kits drop, so healing isn't as needed, but replenish your armour as soon as practical. What I would suggest is: change to assault turret and attack drone. Leave the turret on the railing BEFORE you jump down. The turret will then cover about 75-80% of the area. Your drone you can launch after you trigger the laptop. Have your friend run in a clock-wise circle around the central monitors while you run counter-clockwise. Do this because if you stay in one spot, they will hone in and kill you. The biggest problems there are the mines that will chase you. but that is overcome by all of the extra armours dropping.

After you complete that section, you can change your gear, if you want. I usually go with a drone and a shield vs Keener and I take down Keener with a shotgun with the special ammo that is mentioned.

• Noxious81
    817 posts
    (...) I'm far too busy trying to kill the drones, turrets and hives, and trying to deal with the panels that pop up after activating the terminals. It's just too much for me to handle. (...)

My first thought would be to have both of you use the EMP Pulse – to deal with all the skills – and the Revive Hive (as a backup). That should allow you to play the same builds without too big adjustments.

Let your mate take cover behind the walls at upper level of the final area and make him clear all the skills as fast as possible. You will then have to charge the generators and destroy the weak spots of the missile. Make sure to not pulse at the same time so that you can take turns pulsing the hostile skills (you don't even need to destroy them with the pulse, but jamming them should always buy your mate enough time to shoot them).

After having destroyed the fourth weak spot of the missile you can either both wait for Keener right in front of his house and use the shock ammunition as mentioned before so that you can both (hopefully) DPS him to hell. Or you could both retreat through the doors through which you entered the final area (where the ammunition box is) and wait there to get some shots on him – this is a slower, but safer, and possibly a bit more boring method to bring him down, as you are relatively safe from Keener and his skills when you walk back inside.

• echolecter
    230 posts

Keener mission is best played with full team, especially when one player isn't ready for it or has bad gear. With 3 players you can easily take out all NPCs spawning, even when a player isn't actually doing anything. For last part it is best to have one or two players with Scorpio and just go to spot where Keener jumps down, stand behind large objects during shock phase. After that you can just hit Keener with Scorpio and finish the mission, shouldn't take that long. If you don't have the Scorpio using the flame-thrower on him does the trick to ... and on drones as well

• Mamba.63.
    3 posts

@h8myboss 2 x scorpio-ready DPS (Incendiary nades-galore), 1 x sweet dreams & 1 x Skilled Jammer ...
    Jammer to nullify all enemy-skills, Once missile-launcher is destroyed ... gather near the hut. Once Keener appears, and hurl the incendiary nades, follow by incessant Scorpio shotty; and sweet-dreams melee once nades fire subsides ...

Good hunting, Agent!

• x41x6Ex64x79
    9 posts

Solo, I run most of the mission with turrent/drone and switch over to DPS (my preference is the Bullet King here) for the eclipse missile/Keener phase...

Whenever you pass a plate loot box, open it, whether you need it or not (so its there to be picked up later if necessary) - once you get to Keener, your heal build is going to be unpredictable anyway!

I try to get as close as I can to Keener, foam grenade him and then let rip.

IRO playing with your friend... rather than worry about his build, you could always suggest that your friend just runs back to the high ground (behind the eclipse missile), Keener tends to go after players that hide there... giving you the ability to get clear shots at Keeners back 🙂

Good Luck!

Suggested Topics