ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Oatiecrumble
    Original poster 435 posts

Ain't been active on the forum for sometime due to playing other games and it dawned on my whilst playing ESO.....

"I have never really done a support build on TD2"

So i thought lets give it a bash, first things first i am looking into mainly a tanky build, i deffo don't want to be a healer.

After having a good look at this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTJEX5DerCvOj3a_m36TRy1gPBAUvrduOIdmXI9j1Y0MpQk1wIXaZ9KOcPa7HzXzp_N5qGmjDj6yEfL/pubhtml: (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTJEX5DerCvOj3a_m36TRy1gPBAUvrduOIdmXI9j1Y0MpQk1wIXaZ9KOcPa7HzXzp_N5qGmjDj6yEfL/pubhtml)

I am thinking the following might be a decent tanky/support build:

• Head+Gloves+Kneepads+Holster: True Patriot
    • Chest: Gila with Perfect Vanguard or Tardigrade (My head tells me Vanguard, but at the same time it's saying Tardigrade 😂 )
    • Backpack: Belstone with Galvanize or Protector (My head tells me Galvanize, should work quite well with Scorpio)
    • All rolled with Armor + Armor Regen
    • Head+Backpack+Chest equipped with PFE mods
    • Main Weapon: Scorpio
    • Skills: Crusader or Firestarter Shield + Can't decide on second skill.

What do you think, thoughts most welcome as i have never been support before.

P.S I don't want to be full tank like Foundry as the set does not give any buffs to players, oh and it's mainly for The Summit.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• the_Kettle
    212 posts

@oatiecrumble
    There's a similar true patriot support tank build in the spreadsheet that the good folks on the official discord channel maintain. Link to the spreadsheet is here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nrPBmOrtpkEW1j5fbcRT7L-AXgsGOqMqxXoVtopsiGM/edit?usp=sharing: (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nrPBmOrtpkEW1j5fbcRT7L-AXgsGOqMqxXoVtopsiGM/edit?usp=sharing)
    Builds are found on the hub tab.

• Sock_Monkey
    448 posts

@oatiecrumble I'd be curious to see where you go with this, as I was thinking the same thing recently. I play solo 98% of the time, so never gave it much thought before, but after completing and optimizing every type of solo build I could think of began wondering "Maybe I should put together a full-on support build."

In my mind I wasn't thinking "tank" as much as all the healing and buffs I could apply to a team as is possible, even though I would probably be stuck with a pea shooter.

Let us know what ends up working best for you...

• Oatiecrumble

@Sock_Monkey I will update as soon as i get the chest/backpack, just farmed all of the True Patriot and have maxed them out with Armor+Armor Regen.

Decided to go with my final thoughts of:

4 x True Patriot
    1 x Gila chest with Perfect Vanguard
    1 x Belstone with Galvanize
    1 x Scorpio
    All rolled with Armor+Armor Regen and using PFE mods

Just ain't decided what specialization to go with and skills.

I'm thinking Survivalist (Shield + Reviver Hive) for the PFE or Technician (Shield + Artificer Hive)......😵

• Noxious81
    777 posts
    (...)
    4 x True Patriot
    1 x Gila chest with Perfect Vanguard
    1 x Belstone with Galvanize (...)

Just some ideas:

As previously mentioned, the Tardigrade is also a very good item for a supporting build. Also, you could think about Opportunistic as the backpack's talent (especially useful on harder difficulties or in raids or against tougher enemies.

And instead of focussing on Armor Regen, you could also add some Repair Skills to your build (either with mods, and/or with minor attributes) so you can also support your allies with a hear here and there (Chem Launcher or Drone are probably the best skills for such a setup).

You could take this healing idea even further when using Alps or Hana or Murakami instead of Belstone for your backpack. Or add one to three Skill Tiers (even also with the Technician Specialization) to your build for even better healing powers. This would additionally allow you to for example use the decoy as your second skill to help your team mates even better.

Although this would rather go into the direction of a hybrid build and not a tank build, which you preferred.

• Oatiecrumble

@Noxious81 thanks for the input.....

Not to sure i would like (Opportunistic: Enemies you hit with shotguns and marksman rifles amplifies the damage they take by 10% from all sources for 5 seconds.) as that requires tagging lots of enemies....shame it only applies to shotguns & MMR's...would of been more fun with an LMG.

I suppose another option would be to use Belstone with (Safeguard: While at full armor, increases total skill repair by 100%.) with repair mods but i really don't want to go down the Chem Launcher/Drone healer approach...that requires effort 😆

My main role i want to play is damage buff (true patriot) and armor buff (Vanguard + Galvanize).....lazy route 😳

Two roles i have never really liked is full tank as i don't believe this game as a good way of controlling threat, and being a healer would bore me like turret + drone.

BUT more suggestions most welcome.

p.s I will mess about with Gila chest with Perfect Vanguard and Tardigrade and see what i prefer, just gotta get the Gila chest with Perfect Vanguard to test it.

• LateNiteDelight
    977 posts

@oatiecrumble I had a TP/Tardigrade Bulwark Shield build I used for group Legendary Summit. I used Protector and Vanguard for a bit, but then realized the extra BA didn't really make a difference on Legendary so moved to more offense. Technician with the Aritificer Hive makes the Bulwark Shield nearly unbreakable and allows for a Red core to be added if you want to go that route [I went with Punch Drunk].

The real benefit to the build is the TP buff/debuff on the enemy, so I vote TP backpack. I'd personally go Chill Out mask for the extra PfE slot.

Otherwise I second the Opportunist rec if rolling Scorpio - you'll already be focusing on tagging enemies because of TP. It's multiplicative, from all sources, and really makes Elites a lot easier.

• Oatiecrumble

@Sock_Monkey @Noxious81 @LateNiteDelight

Well i gave it a bash, tried various combo's with gear and found that the builds didn't work so great in legendary randoms, i can imagine them being much better in a group of players/friends you play often with and with mics.

So for randoms i have chosen what i call "Cannon Fodder"....just someone that the enemies can spank.

Went for:

• 4 x Foundry
    • 1 x Gila with perfect Vanguard
    • 1 x Belstone with Protector
    • 1 x Liberty Pistol
    • All rolled with Armor/Repair skills and fitted with PFE mods.
    • Technician Spec with Artificer Hive + Bulwark Shield

For random run & gun legendarys i am going to concentrate on another build, just need a few more optimizations and it's done:

• 3 x Improvised gear with Armor/CHC/CHD with PFE mods
    • 1 x Memento with PFE mod
    • 1 x Badger Tuff chest with Intimidate + Armor/CHC/CHD with PFE mod
    • 1 x Belstone Mask with Armor/CHC/CHD with PFE mod (may change this to something else)
    • Scorpio Shotgun with Artificer Hive + Crusader Shield

FUN!! FUN!! FUN!!

🤓

Suggested Topics