ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LoveSpammer
    Original poster 3 posts

My brother and I use internet providers that have Restricted NAT [Red]. As far as I know, For Honor is the only Ubisoft game that restricts device communication under these conditions. Could someone please give me an idea of how we could solve such a problem?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Thighs.UwU.
    1 posts

So I purchased another copy for a friend to play with me. Unfortunately, despite attempts with my ISP at port forwarding, it's not a possibility with how it's set up for my location. I have a red nat type, yet no problems connecting to matches, staying in matches, or completing matches. However, whenever we try to join a group, I cannot join her group, and she cannot join when I invite either. It will consistently say "fail to join group, try again later" despite restarts all around. Is there any workaround or fix for this?

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Hey @thighs-uwu

I have just merged your thread with another. I'm sorry to hear you have a strict NAT type and are unable to party up with your friend. As you are unable to do the port forwarding, maybe you can try using a different connection? If you are able to use mobile phone data instead of the wifi, and set the mobile phone up as a hotspot to connect to, it may help. It's not an ideal solution or ideal to play on mobile data, but it's something you could give a try and see if it gives you a better NAT type.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Hey @lovespammer

Are you and your brother both on the same internet connection, or are you at different locations? You can try doing the troubleshooting steps found here, or the suggestion I posted to the user above this comment to help get around this.

Official Response
  • LoveSpammer
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi @thighs-uwu !

Thanks for the answer.

That's what happens to me and my brother. We live in different houses, but we use the same internet provider in our neighborhood. We played Rainbow Six: Siege perfectly. But only For Honor that introduces us to the red NAT.

• LoveSpammer
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi @ubi-froggard !

Thanks for the answer.

We live in different houses, but we use the same internet provider in our neighborhood. But everyone pays for their internet plan.

• Ubi-Dino
    Ubisoft Support Staff 98 posts

Thanks for confirming that detail @lovespammer!

A good place to start would be using our connectivity troubleshooting guide: (https://ubi.li/kqXwp) to see if this can quickly go away for you. I know it can sometimes be tedious, but please be sure to try the port forwarding too if the other steps don't improve or resolve this for either of you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics