ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• D-Y-N-4-M-O
    Original poster 41 posts

Because players keep leaving conflict matches.

There is no abandon match penalty so these people that always leave matches (many of them, before the match has even begun) ruin the game for everyone else. It's the same trash players that do it over and over again. It's usually the one's that accuse people of cheating because they suck so much at the game and it makes them feel better about themselves. Those that would rather cry cheats and pad their false stats than try to figure out counters.

The worst offenders are the 4 stack clans that leave so they can fight randoms. They're the lowest of the low. I get randoms leaving vs a 4 stack, its somewhat understandable but the games technically a 4 player TEAM game. That's why there's talents to buff your team like the coyote's mask and tardigrade as a couple of examples. The matchmaking system will actively try to match 4 stacks vs 4 stacks so it's just a never ending cycle of queing for a game with no players to fight. It can last hours until one team just gives up.

The second worse offenders are the ones that leave every single time they're losing. The false stat padders. They're a joke. They're absolute embarrassment. Then what happens is some poor guy replaces them who's been matchmaking and is forced into a match thats already lost.

Introduce an increasing abandon match time penalty so these clueless idiots can't keep ruining the game and griefing everyone wanting to get some hours in after work, like the system you have in Rainbow 6.

1st time you abandon match = 5 minute time out
    2nd time = 15 mins
    3rd time = 30 mins
    4th time = 1 hour
    And the people who abuse it should be banned. I don't get why players just wanting to play your game in their spare time should have to suffer this type of griefing on a regular basis.

And please don't file this in your "I don't give a ****" pile. Like you normally do with most things PvP related. Address it before things go too far.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• echolecter
    234 posts

I suppose you are just playing the wrong game for (good) PvP if you like doing conflict matches. Biggest reason for your issue in the title is the lack of people that actually are playing and entering the queues, each for their own reasons. If there would be tons of participants games would start within minutes (or seconds) thus making leaving a match unnecessary (or impossible). The fact that it tries to setup 4-player teams against another one is how it should always work, without exceptions. Random players that need to fight against teams with complementary builds is just sad. Those teams that only play matches in this maner clearly prefer to play on easy mode only, likewise boosting their stats, just as the ones that leave when they're on the loosing side.

As for 'bad' players, which in my opinion don't exist, I can understand why some people are leaving, who wouldn't. If you're not able to play for 6-8 hours a day and having to compete with players that do, you're always at a disadvantage to start with. And we all know how infested this game (and others) is with PvP players that actually do cheat, some more obvious then others. Imposing a penalty for leaving a match would only contribute to an even longer waiting time so I am not sure that actually is an option to solve the endless queue issue.

Good luck anyway ...

• D-Y-N-4-M-O
    Original poster 41 posts

@echolecter

"I suppose you are just playing the wrong game for (good) PvP if you like doing conflict matches". - I enjoy it and many others do. It's personal preference. There's nothing like it on the market. Maybe you should give it a go.

"The fact that it tries to setup 4-player teams against another one is how it should always work, without exceptions." - Correct. I've got no problem with the matchmaking system. It tries matching teams vs teams and solo's vs solo's with the player pool available at the time. That's how it should work.

"Random players that need to fight against teams with complementary builds is just sad." - Exactly. (See the second line in this reply). It's still a team game. Solo's shouldn't be upset that players play with their friends. Instead, they should try and get some.

"Those teams that only play matches in this manner clearly prefer to play on easy mode only, likewise boosting their stats, just as the ones that leave when they're on the losing side" - It's usually the same players doing both as mentioned. These 4 stacks leave vs another 4 stack and then try to matchmake against 4 solo's.

"If you're not able to play for 6-8 hours a day and having to compete with players that do, you're always at a disadvantage to start with. And we all know how infested this game (and others) is with PvP players that actually do cheat, some more obvious then others." - Hours played and cheating issues apply to every single game on the market. Rainbow 6 has cheaters. It has players that play 8 hours a day and it also has an abandon match penalties.

"Imposing a penalty for leaving a match would only contribute to an even longer waiting time so I am not sure that actually is an option to solve the endless queue issue." - It would at least allow the cycle to be broken so players like myself don't keep matchmaking the same people that abuse the system over and over again. Also the players that abuse it would have to think twice before leaving matches. Those players that are constantly leaving matches resulting in endless queue times should be the ones who have to wait for a match. I don't see why everyone else should have to. I also don't see why some poor guy should join an already lost conflict match because of them. Maybe if you actually played PvP you'd understand but that's entirely your preference and you're welcome to it.

Suggested Topics