ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• eeejaybee
    Original poster 2 posts

I’m loving the gameplay and environments of Far Cry 6, but I have one huge issue with it: the FOV on consoles is locked to 75 degrees and traversal, combat, and exploration are all nauseating. I can’t play for more than a couple of minutes before I feel disoriented and dizzied; moving the camera too far downwards causes me to completely lose track of where I am and what direction I’m facing. Simply vaulting up an obstacle makes me feel like I’m about to fall over. I know this isn’t only a problem for me; lots of people online have expressed their issues with Far Cry 6’s console FOV, and low FOV in general. I would trade performance for FOV in a heartbeat. I know little about game development, but I know the tech is already there; PC players can change their field of view. In photo mode, you can change your first person FOV to 120 - and it feels amazing. Even a warning in the menu like ‘FOV increase may affect performance’ would excuse any FPS drops. I’m really loving this game, but at the same time, I can barely play it. 

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 140 posts

Hi @eeejaybee and thanks for bringing this up!

FOV sliders on next-gen consoles have already been raised to us on this forum and the feedback has been forwarded to our dev team! Unfortunately, for now we don't have any additional information on that.

If you have any further questions, or require further assistance, let us know!

Official Response
  • eeejaybee
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-auron
    Thanks for the response, and for forwarding the issue to the dev team! I redownloaded the game last week as I’d heard there was a patch, but unfortunately no FoV fix. I loved what I played of the game, but the super low field of view made me feel really motion sick, which is not a problem I’ve had for any first-person game with a high one. I’d really like to jump back into Far Cry 6, but for now it’s off the table. :’(

• Sleezure
    139 posts

@eeejaybee You need to buy the FoV booster.

• Anthony0232022
    2 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • sloniu84
    1 posts
    Hi @eeejaybee and thanks for bringing this up!

FOV sliders on next-gen consoles have already been raised to us on this forum and the feedback has been forwarded to our dev team! Unfortunately, for now we don't have any additional information on that.

If you have any further questions, or require further assistance, let us know!

Hello,
    I just bought fc6 and that's a great game. However, on my PS5 FOV seems really low. I feel bad after 1 hour of playing, my eyes are tired. Are there any plans to enable slider at least to 90 or 85 fov?
    Thanks !

Suggested Topics