ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/17 Replies/1098 Views
    ingweeeee
    Original poster 5 posts

I found myself going back to norway to pick up a few extra opals I might have missed. For once, I kept checking my inventory to see if the opals did go into it every time I picked one up. Of the 15 spots where there were opals only 10 registered. The other 5 opals were picked up, and are not there anymore, but they were never added to my inventory. Its not the first time I have noticed this happening. How many opals in total have been "stolen" from me this way? I am playing on PC with the latest update installed. I would like a solution please and all the opals that I should have gotten. Thank you.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Guuilherme_7
    3 posts

So I just buy a map who show's every single opal in the game, so I just started to pick them and some of those are just no registering in my inventory. I think i got like 6 opals in sequence that do not count in my inventory in the map of francia. I made a clip in case I need to show the bug.

I play on the xbox series s

Really sorry for my bad english, but I hope you guys can understand me

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 252 posts

Hey there @guuilherme_7! I'm sorry your Opals aren't in your inventory. Does this seem to happen everywhere or only in certain locations? You mentioned you had a video of this happening, could you please post a link to that here so I can take a look? Thanks!

Official Response
  • Guuilherme_7
    3 posts

@ubi-peach It happens everywhere, but the most in francia. But happens in england for sure too.

https://gameclipscontent-d3016.xboxlive.com/xuid-2535429001599931-private/6332a4f0-189e-40c4-bbb3-841e1caceb24.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=HgOAFgKGl5A%2F3Vtyx4xyF95iUlfU7GvplFvFQT09L5g%3D&__gda__=1641679283_ed854997ae244a50063b7a95d46d9cdd: (https://gameclipscontent-d3016.xboxlive.com/xuid-2535429001599931-private/6332a4f0-189e-40c4-bbb3-841e1caceb24.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=HgOAFgKGl5A%2F3Vtyx4xyF95iUlfU7GvplFvFQT09L5g%3D&__gda__=1641679283_ed854997ae244a50063b7a95d46d9cdd)

https://gameclipscontent-d3001.xboxlive.com/xuid-2535429001599931-private/a1f2f8c0-6994-4096-b172-43661d37839f.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=QinRnp3tcZSGiEwE0RnWTcE1SqlqsOKgbiOzLPAUu04%3D&__gda__=1641679723_e6c6a01ca7de670e97b8e501c2b778b6: (https://gameclipscontent-d3001.xboxlive.com/xuid-2535429001599931-private/a1f2f8c0-6994-4096-b172-43661d37839f.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=QinRnp3tcZSGiEwE0RnWTcE1SqlqsOKgbiOzLPAUu04%3D&__gda__=1641679723_e6c6a01ca7de670e97b8e501c2b778b6)

There is the links, I have so many more clips like this unfortunately =(

• ingweeeee
    Original poster 5 posts

@ingweeeee UPDATE: I went back to Norway today for the rest of the Opals on the map. Of the 13 I tried only 3 went into my inventory. The other 10 never registered. Whats going on? Its this Ubisoft just trying to "encourage" people to buy from the store? I can understand them limiting the number of opals in the game, but to then not give you credit for those that are in the game? ITS DISGUSTING IF THATS THE CASE AND I WOULD STOP PLAYING. Has anyone else had this issue? any answers or reparation from UBISOFT? I had cleared the maps of england, Ireland and Francia of opals and was not paying attention. Im sure i lost dozens of opals this way if norway is any indication.

• bielik01
    1804 posts

I also had this problem. It was related with Ubisoft Connect issues. But after it was fixed, I noticed something else. I got an extra opal which isn't reflected in the stats.
    My Ubisoft Connect stats say I collected 5975 opals, but currently in my inventory I have 171.

• Guuilherme_7
    3 posts

@bielik01 on my ubisoft connect I got 763 opals collected but i spent 350 on this week on the reda's shop. (That my first time buying something) At the moment i got 393 opals on my inventory wich means i should have get 20 more opals than I have (763-350 = 413).

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 939 posts

@guuilherme_7 Unfortunately, I'm unable to view those clips. Could you please upload them to YouTube and share the link?

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE
    206 posts

So I seem to be missing some opals too. I just tried collecting two in Lincolnshire that didn’t register after collecting, and still haven’t added to my inventory despite leaving the game world. Specifically these ones right here:

The two middle opals

and where they should be in my world (waypoints instead) shown as collected

Now I wasn’t able to capture footage of the first opal not unlocking, but I did get the second:

As you can see I had 149 (should’ve been 150 from the last opal but it bugged) and even after collecting this opal it still says 149. Notice too there is only one auto save when I collect it, when there should be two saves, one from picking it up, and then a second or two later the frame stutters and the game saves with the opal added to the inventory (has happened like this with every opal I’ve collected before, and I noticed that both bugged opals only saved once).

Usually reloading a save fixes it, but I reloaded and restarted the game and the opals never added but are still gone forever from the game world. Now restarting the game did seem to allow me to collect opals again as I tried a third and it counted 150, but I’m unsure if this is because of the restart, or if the two opals I collected are broken and so bugged. Can those 2 opals still be recovered or added on the devs side of things?

• ingweeeee
    Original poster 5 posts

I have the same exact issue and posted a thread on it before this one:

Opals not registering | Ubisoft Discussion Forums

Im glad to see I am not the only one with this issue. It does feel a little shady, specially when sometimes one of the daily quests for opals from Reda disappears as well after having accepted them. I had cleared every opal from the maps of England, Ireland and Francia.. I only started checking when I went back to Norway to collect the few I had missed. Out of 28 opals in Norway only 13 showed up in my inventory. The other 15 were collected but never registered. They are gone from the map. I wonder how many dozens of opals were "stolen" from me this way on the other maps. Its sickening

• Jmm245
    1 posts

@ingweeeee same issue here, any resolution?

• Ubi-Oxavo
    805 posts

Hello @ingweeeee and thanks for contacting Ubisoft Support. Sorry to hear about Opals collected in Ireland not showing in the inventory.

The development team has been made aware of this issue and they are currently investigating it.

Could you please confirm for me:

1. Does it still happen?
    2. Does it always happen?
    3. Do you actually get all the Opals, just later?

I would kindly ask you to record a short video showing the inventory and the collection of opals and send us a link so we can investigate this further. Please also make sure that your latest saves are uploaded to the cloud.

Let me know if I can assist with anything else.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for the double post. I've merged together two recent threads about Opal not registering in the inventory following collection. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge.

Thank you to those who have taken the time to share their report regarding missing Opal with us, and for including videos. I'd like to ask for some additional information from you all so we can notify the dedicated teams about this issue.

To help us to take a closer look at the missing Opal, would you be able to provide us with the following information:

• When did this issue occur? If you can provide the date/time, that will help us to check if there was any known issues with degradation that could have potentially caused the Opal to not be added to your inventory immediately.
    • Where were you when the Opals were not registering as collected (Norway/England/Ireland/Francia etc)? If you can provide an image of your exact location, that would be very helpful!
    • How many Opals were not added to your inventory? Please try to be as exact as possible.
    • Were the Opals added to your inventory following a delay, or after reloading your save?
    • Are you still having trouble with Opals not being added to your inventory? Or did it only occur for a short period of time?

@ingweeeee - Thanks for letting us know where you were when the Opals weren't added to your inventory, as well as confirming the number of Opals that weren't registered. Would you be able to provide us with the rest of the information requested above, especially if the Opals were added to your inventory following a short delay? This will help us to investigate their disappearance further.

@bielik01 - As mentioned by @Guuilherme_7, the "Opals Collected" statistic in Ubisoft Connect does reflect the number of Opals collected in all-time, rather than the number that might actually be in your inventory. Do you mean that the statistic didn't update to 5976 after collecting an additional Opal?

It's possible there could have been a delay in the statistic updating, especially if there were ongoing issues with Ubisoft Connect at the time. Has your stat updated since you shared your report with us?

@HIDDEN1NE - Thank you for taking the time to share a video with us that shows one of the Opals you collected not registering in the inventory. Would you be able to provide us with the additional information requested above? We can then include this in your report to the development team.

@Jmm245 - Would you be able to provide us with all of the information requested above? This will help us to investigate your missing Opal further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bielik01
    1804 posts

@ubi-borealis yeah, now I have 6295 opals collected in my Valhalla stats and 101 in my inventory, what shouldn't be possible.
    Due to issues with Ubisoft Connect one day that one opal wasn't registered in the stats and it stays that way.

• HIDDEN1NE
    206 posts
    • When did this issue occur? If you can provide the date/time, that will help us to check if there was any known issues with degradation that could have potentially caused the Opal to not be added to your inventory immediately.

— Not sure on the exact date, both times were in early January, but I noticed the first was after I did some reda missions, maybe his opal bugged the maps opal; the second time it just happened on an opal I tried picking up nothing specific about it.

• Where were you when the Opals were not registering as collected (Norway/England/Ireland/Francia etc)? If you can provide an image of your exact location, that would be very helpful!

— All times I was in England (pictures are in my post above)

• How many Opals were not added to your inventory? Please try to be as exact as possible.

— The first time it was 2, the second it was 1, but that’s because I noticed and reset the game, I imagine the numbers could’ve increased had I kept picking them up.

• Were the Opals added to your inventory following a delay, or after reloading your save?

— Yes the opals were all eventually added, but only after I had fully shut down my console and probably gave the servers a chance to catch up on the count, since I had to give it like half a day or so.

• Are you still having trouble with Opals not being added to your inventory? Or did it only occur for a short period of time?

Not currently, but I also haven’t been collecting opals to see if it happens or not, I’ll update as it happens or not.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3613 posts

Hello HIDDEN1NE, thank you for answering those for us.

We know this issue with Opals has been reported before which players experienced on the Ireland map, but now we understand it can affect other places on the Atlas too. For some players, it can be a synchronization issue and the opals can appear in the inventory after 24 hours, after a delay to synchronize this information with our server, with the Opals being a type of currency.

I will pass your answers along to the team investigating these missing Opals, thank you for your help with this.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3613 posts

Just a follow up to this issue of Opals being collected, but seemingly not being added to the inventory - our QA team advised to resolve this issue, it is best to disconnect from the internet whilst in-game, b restarting your router. This should re-establish your connection to our games servers, where the Opals should be delivered to your inventory after a short delay.

Official Response

Suggested Topics