ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Passi3008
    Original poster 1 posts

Every 3rd time I use a Stun grenade my game freezes for about 2 - 20 seconds and just closes itself. I play the game since release and this bug started about 2 days after launch, before I had no Problems at all. I'll try to play with the graphic settings to fix this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts
    Best Answer

Hey folks!

We've had confirmation that this issue should be fixed in tomorrow's maintenance 🎉

If after tomorrow's maintenance you continue to experience crashes when throwing a flashbang, please make sure you've completed the steps on our troubleshooting guide. In particular from that guide, please make sure you've updated your graphics drivers and operating system, you've verified the game files, and you don't have any unnecessary background programs interfering with the game. 

If the issue then persists after those steps, let me know 🙂

Official Response
  • crachis207
    9 posts

@passi3008 I have the same problem 😞

• Kishin_SR6
    3 posts

I noticed that today onwards, after you threws a certain number of flashbangs the game just crashes. It mostly happen when i destroy blinding spores with it.

• crachis207
    9 posts

@kishin_sr6 I have the same problem, and there is no way to fix it

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 835 posts

Hi all! I've merged a few threads so we can better investigate this issue. Thank you for reaching out to report this!

The team has requested some system files to help look into this. Please create a support ticket and attach your MSInfo and DxDiag files, then update this thread when that's done. We'll be able to pull that up through your account and get those files up to the team.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

Official Response
  • crachis207
    9 posts

@ubi-mushy It's been 3 days with this and the technical service doesn't give me a solution, they ask me for the same files over and over again for nothing, I don't know if they lose them or what they do with it, I uninstalled the game because I'm tired of being laughed at from me for 3 days.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1607 posts

Hey @crachis207, I am very sorry for the headache this issue has been. The Dev Team is currently looking into this further. I was able to look into your support case to confirm that they have received this information for their investigation moving forward. While I do not have any further updates to give at this very moment, please stay tuned to our social media channels and our news & announcements page as well. We genuinely appreciate you bearing with us as the team continues to look into this further.

Official Response
  • crachis207
    9 posts
    Hey @crachis207, I am very sorry for the headache this issue has been. The Dev Team is currently looking into this further. I was able to look into your support case to confirm that they have received this information for their investigation moving forward. While I do not have any further updates to give at this very moment, please stay tuned to our social media channels and our news & announcements page as well. We genuinely appreciate you bearing with us as the team continues to look into this further.

little patience the truth, because having to stop playing the game until they find a solution is a bit depressing, the truth is that I started liking the game but it does not stop crashing and the truth is that I have no intention of going back to play it. and not returning the money for a broken product seems to me to be disrespectful to the consumer

• felker_s
    1 posts

Hello,

I'm having the same issue on Xbox Series X, so I cannot even play around with the graphics / send any dxdiag info.

It's not too widespread as of yet, but I haven't noticed any specific scenario that causes it. Perhaps when it overlaps with other effects? Maybe it was just coincidence, but the two times it has happened, there was always something else going on.

1) I've stunned myself to remove blinding spores, and at the same time, a Bloater rushed me and blew up
    2) I threw a stun on a Sower that was letting out a howl just as the stun went off

• crachis207
    9 posts

@felker_s

yes but it also happens only when launching it sometimes, I still can't play and no news, the technical service closed the case and here I am with the game uninstalled waiting for a solution that doesn't come.
    ubisoft style this company does not change.

• KMProductionz
    2 posts

@passi3008 I can 150% confirm that this is happening on 2 ps5s in our home. Crashed about 3 times each. Separate times always after throwing a stun/paralysis grenade to clear spores off of the wall or myself.

• KMProductionz
    2 posts

@crachis207 they'll tell us "don't use them to remove spores then" lmao

• moorphtgd
    1 posts

I have same problem - still no way to fix this ??

• crachis207
    9 posts

@moorphtgd the solution: uninstall the game, is what I did and solved the problem, video game to the shelf.
    I've been waiting for a solution since the game came out and no news.

• Wulfenburg
    1 posts

I'm on PC and this is happening a lot unfortunately. 😞 Though as crappy as it is, I'm glad it's a known problem and I'm not in the dark on this one. It's weird to read that the stun grenade thing is happening across platforms.

• Ubi-Thrupney

Hey there @crachis207 , @felker_s , @KMProductionz , and @Wulfenburg - I really appreciate your reports of this issue, and I understand you're eager to have this resolved. We are as well! Our teams are investigating internally.

Particular thanks to @felker_s and @KMProductionz for your insights into when this happens - that'll be very valuable for our teams to know.

My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience while we continue our investigation. Let me know if there's any questions.

Official Response
  • emperor413
    3 posts

Has happened at least a dozen times over as many hours since last patch.

Always happens when stuck with blinding spores, throw a stun to either stun enemy or clear off spores, game crash.

I would say on average about every ten throws will cause crash.

Re-download and clear cashe/data rebuild has no effecy.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2352 posts

Hello @emperor413,

Sorry to hear that your game keeps crashing while using stun grenades.

I can see that this issue has been already reported to the development team and it's currently being investigated. Once we have an update, we will let everyone know through these forums.

I also merged your thread with our megathread for better visibility.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Jhewww
    1 posts

Every now and then, never consistently, my game will crash when I throw a stun grenade. The crash happens as it hits the ground. Is there any way to fix this and/or is this a reoccurring issue with people?

• Ubi-Thrupney

Hey @jhewww , welcome to the forums! I've gone ahead and merged your thread with the one where we're tracking these unfortunate stun grenade crashes. Thanks so much for your report, and sorry for the inconvenience while we look into the issue - I understand it's a frustrating thing to be happening. Let me know if you've any further thoughts or questions in the meantime.

Official Response

Suggested Topics