ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• voidKitsune64
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi, I'm some one who grew up with a large number of Ubisoft games when they came out. I loved playing Splinter Cell a lot, I played Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The game when it first came out for Xbox 360, and I have been trying to get it a second time now that it's actually back on the market as this was a cherished gem on par with Chaos Theory for my favorite Ubisoft game. However for some reason when I try to purchase it, despite not utilizing a VPN, I get flagged each time as a "Potential fraud attempt" on my own account I barely use. I repurchased a large number of these games on Steam, such as Chaos Theory, Double Agent, and Rainbow Six: Siege, Far Cry's 4 and 5. The Ubisoft system seems to give nothing but headaches for me currently.

The biggest issue currently being my attempts to purchase the Scott Pilgrim game. I understand a company wanting to leave an iconic mark for their own games, that's a very brilliant idea but it must be done in a specific way that's beneficial to both the company and consumers. I've been quite patient up to this point, but escalation has yet to even contact me on the issue I was told most likely will be done before the two day retry. If I have to keep spending hours of my time simply trying to exchange money for a product I feel worth it, then have to sit around and wait. Wait some more, then keep getting told to wait to enjoy something is really starting to frustrate me and change my perspective of Ubisoft's business model. I know as a company customer satisfaction and monetary gain are paramount to a successful company, yet this ongoing issue seems to be to the point I almost don't want to deal with Ubisoft as a whole simply because if I want a game I have to expend a great deal of time and energy just to even get a game I've been eager to play once again.

If these issues are going to be a prevailing problem I strongly urge utilizing Steam to it's fullest, yes Steam may take a cut of a purchase, yet relying on a very flawed system exclusively can do the same thing or make it an even worse situation. I'm just here to play a game after all and relax in the very little time I get in current times, yet I'm here in my "Leisure" time trying to point out a very frustrating issue which outside of a modicum of catharsis still leaves me with a decidedly bitter taste in my mouth. I know Ubisoft as that company that can make some really incredible games, I'd really like to keep it in that perspective and avoid having myself miss out on some good games simply because it becomes way too much work just to get a game I desire.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• tyl0413
    28 posts

I only buy games on Steam and GOG, know many who do the same, just matter of time til ubi crawls back, they always do.

• Cyberbeauty
    5 posts

Hey, it's a really good sugestion. I am very tired of these problems with Steam. It is always something wrong there. I love your games and I very appreciate you do them for us but that is a very annoying thing. I don't want have any problems with buying your games, I just want to give you my money simply and play them with pleasure. Sometimes I really want to use the pirate sites as I used to do a couple years ago not because I don't want to pay but because it is much easier than waiting the products to appear in official store. You are very talentedguys and I have a big hope that it's gonna be okay. 

Suggested Topics