ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Jackhammer7211
    1 posts

Same bug. Unbelievable

• ContortedAngel
    5 posts

Now that the new update is out I decided to save before I went to sleep. When I woke up I heard Dag yelling for Eivor. Didn’t happen the last time. Ran out the longhouse and there Dag was with the cutscene. Looks like it’s finally fixed. I didn’t want to have to waste 180+ hrs of gameplay.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3284 posts

Hey all,

From the patch notes, the issue where the duel with Dag does not trigger after going to sleep for the quest should be resolved.

We do still have a different open issue with this quest where you can't kill Dag that the dev team are aware of and looking into and will keep players updated on this issue too.

Please let us know if you are still having the issue where the duel hasn't started.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Froggard

Hey @contortedangel

Glad to hear the update today has resolved it. Thanks for confirming on here 🙂

Official Response
  • ArtDalla02
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis After updating the game to the 1.5 version I'm still experiencing problems on the quest Brewing Storm. After I go to bed as asked to begin the quest, nothing has changed: The cutscene that was suposed to start don't start and I still find Dag fighting the villagers as before. How can I resolve my problem?

• arevaloism
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis

I too have this bug and I cant continue my story mission. I try to talk to Hytham but I cant. I fought Dag but he never dies and I can't come to the cutscene. It would be great if this bug could get solved asap.

//Daniel

• ArtDalla02
    13 posts

@ubi-froggard I'm still having problem with this mission. After going to bed, the cutscene still doesn't start and Dag still are fighting the villagers. I can confront him but after I kill him he still get up and start it all over again.

• Ubi-Froggard

Hey @ArtDalla02 and @arevaloism 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still unable to complete the quest. We still have an open issue with this quest where you can't kill Dag that the dev team are aware of and looking into. This update should have just fixed the where the duel with Dag does not trigger after going to sleep for the quest, which it seems to have done for you both at least. I'll add this to my pinned post above and we'll keep players updated on the other issue when we have more information on it too.

Official Response
  • Coringa_US
    2 posts

Instalei a atualização 6.0 e o bug da muissão Brewing Storm foi corrigido.

• Ubi-Froggard

Hey @coringa_us

We can only reply in English on these forums but I'm glad to hear it was fixed for you 🙂

@ArtDalla02 and @arevaloism Could you just let us know:

• If you experienced a crash during your first attempt at the fight, or even during the quest if you know?
    • If you are able to fast travel currently?
    • If you got the short cutscene upon waking up? Or did you just run outside and go to find him and start fighting him straight away?
    • Are you able to continue other quests/interact with other quest givers?
    Official Response
  • ArtDalla02
    13 posts

@ubi-froggard
    The game never crashed while I was playing, since the first time trying the quest the same thing happened: I went to sleep and the screen opened with Eivor waking up (no cutscenes) on Ravensthorpe with bad weather. After that I cannot fast travel nor complete any other missions. Dag is running in the village, and attacking everyone who is near to him. When I defeat him, he just get up and start attacking all over again. I tried opening an old file to try to start the mission again, but nothing changes. Needing any more information please contact, so this problem can be solved as soon as possible.

• viking7135
    1 posts

I've tried several times to get the cutscene going in the quest but all I've succeeded in doing is finding an immortal Dag I have to kill over and over. I'm really disappointed because I really like this game.

• Coringa_US
    2 posts
    There was no accident during the first fight. Upon entering the mission a small scene is displayed. After the presentation Eivor wakes up from sleep and the objective to find the opponent is presented. So far there have been no errors in other missions.

• Ubi-Froggard

Thanks @ArtDalla02 for answering those questions and I'm sorry to hear this is the case for you @viking7135 and @Coringa_US.

Our dev team are looking into this again currently and we'll reach out if they have any other questions.

Official Response
  • ArtDalla02
    13 posts

@ubi-froggard Is there any prediction about how much time it will take to solve it? This problem already existed when the game was launched and now it has returned with the yule patch! It has been over 3 months that we are having dificulties with this part of the game. It is very disapointing for us to buy and play hours of a game and then being stuck because of bugs like these. And it is more frustrating that you continue to develop and release more content, even when the main game are presenting this type of problem that prevent players from finishing the storyline.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey everyone, I just want to elaborate further on what my colleague has kindly mentioned. I want to clarify that this thread title is regarding an issue where when your character wakes up, the weather will change as intended, but Dag will not challenge Eivor, and you will become stuck. The development team believe they have resolved the issue as of Patch 1.5.0. Therefore, to further investigate the problem, we would need videos demonstrating the problem. When providing a video, please ensure that you display the current game version. The game version can be found in the lower right-hand corner of the main menu, and it should display 1.5.0.

For the video you could directly upload the clip to an online video-sharing platform like Twitter or YouTube. Alternatively, if you would prefer, you could transfer the video to a PC using a flash drive and then send it to us another way, such as through a file-sharing site. If anyone has any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to let me know.

@ArtDalla02 - I am afraid we cannot provide an estimated resolution time here, I want to assure you that our teams are working hard to ensure each problem is tackled. You mentioned that Dag is attacking people and you cannot interact with him. Can you provide a video demonstrating this following my request above? It seems you are experiencing a slightly different problem and we will gladly investigate it further.

• ArtDalla02
    13 posts

@ubi-gizmo The problem that I found is the same you described: As Eivor wake up, the weather is rainy but Dag does not appear and challenge Eivor. I can see him wandering around the village and approaching the docks, where a fight begins with he and the warriors of the village. I can kill him lots of times but he always get up and start fighting again with half the life bar.

As asked, I recorded a video of the situation for you to know exactly what is happening and try to solve this problem as soon as possible. The version of my game, as you can see in the video is the 1.5.0, so I can confirm that the devolpment team haven't solved the problem yet:

• ArtDalla02
    13 posts

@Ubi-Gizmo @Ubi-Froggard @Ubi-Borealis How this topic is still marked as Resolved?! There are people claiming that the resolution you have offered didn't work and the proof you have asked for have been given. It's frustrating, because we have spend money to buy this game, it doesn't work and you appear to mask the situation as everything is already working. The least you should do is unmark this post as solved, so we can believe that something is at work to solve our problem.

• Mr.Worldwide999
    1 posts

Good evening, I'm Sorry. In this mission (A Brewing Storm) you know there Is a big problem. It's impossible to Kill Dag because The bag does not allow it. I have received the update 6.01 for ps4 today..... "
    Did it solve the problem? How did you do it? But above all, is it a main mission?
    Help me please!

• ArtDalla02
    13 posts

Can you at least offer our money back? It has been months since the the problem are happening and the game has been released. Since the problem is in a main quest, is impossible to continue playing...

Suggested Topics