ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• The_Killer1232
    1 posts

The glitch where Dag is an enemy NPC and cannot die and I can progress through the game is happening again. This [censored] was fixed a year ago but still occurs.

• IsisR3D
    1 posts

Having the bug where he's at the docks fighting, dies, comes back at half health and keeps cycling this over and over. My last save before it last autosaved was in Cent, costing me about an hour of play, maybe a bit more. But not being able to progress in the story is really frustrating, I've reloaded the saves, now feel like I need to go backwards to hopefully get this to progress.

• danny-ryan08
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis

I am also having this issue. Having done a fair bit of research around it and seen that this was previously patched, I can say it is acting in EXACTLY the same way the previous glitch was. The issue is when you go to sleep, there's no cut scene. You can find Dag fighting random people and then once you kill him he'll revive.

• danny-ryan08
    6 posts

@isisr3d

I wouldn't worry, based on when this occurred before going back an hour isn't going to make an ounce of difference, you'd need to go back a LOT further. I guess it's a waiting game until Ubisoft fix it, probably another 9 months.

• Tiggledorf
    1 posts

Same. Hope it gets fixed before they take down the Lunar New Year sale.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for updating this thread with your reports regarding "A Brewing Storm." The dedicated teams have been notified that this issue has returned to the game, and they are investigating further.

If you are unable to progress in "A Brewing Storm," please can you ensure that you have an up-to-date copy of your save file uploaded to the Cloud. You can check this by looking for a cloud icon on your most recent save file.

Additionally, we'd be interested in collecting more videos that demonstrate this issue in-game, as this will help the team to investigate further. If you're able to, please can you capture a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main menu.
    • Your current quest log, showing "A Brewing Storm" as your active quest.
    • That you are unable to progress further once you have woken up.

I'd recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link we can take a closer look at.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • ubitomerdadon
    2 posts

Hi there everyone.
    Yesterday I came across the a brewing storm bug that don't let my continue play the quest.
    Dose anyone know how to handle this bug?
    I tried to reach obisoft but didn't get any answers.
    Thank u all!

• ubitomerdadon
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Same here...
    I'm am 40 hours in the game and I just can't continue. Pls find a fix for this bug I would really like to play the game but for now it's just unplayable...
    In addition I understand that dug need to be outside reaven clan but I went to that place and he wasn't there at all. In the regular bug u can fight him and nothing will happen. In my game I can't even found him. I saw all the videos on YouTube that tell u where he supposed to be during the bug and he isn't there...

• seigi110
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis when will you fix it?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports regarding "A Brewing Storm." I'd like to reach out to you with a small update from the reopened investigation into this issue.

The development team are actively looking into what could have caused this issue to re-emerge in-game. For now, they have collected enough save files and videos to continue their investigation with. Thank you to those who made these available to the team!

We don't yet have an ETA for when there will be a resolution for this quest. The Player Support team are checking in with the dedicated teams regularly. As soon as we have any new information to share with you all, it will be posted within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will also be posted within the News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out there as well.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • VersusXY
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you, I hope they can fix it quick 😕

• supernatural695
    4 posts

The game asks me to go to sleep, my screen turns black for a short while, no cutscenes are played. 
    Afterwards Dag just wanders around town being attacked by everyone. Keeps being revived and fighting again, this cycle is endless.

I have tried to restart the game, verify my gamefiles and return to a save file before the bug occurs. None of these solved my problems.
    and i have love this game up an till this point when i cant carry on the game now

• saathvikoka
    2 posts

I am having the same issue on my PS4. The cutscene with Dag never triggers. Game asks me to go to Sleep and once i wake up and walk out of the long house, I see Dag fighting with everyone in the settlement. Then, it is an endless cycle of killing him and him coming back to life. Looks like this issue also happened last year. I have the current update.

• supernatural695
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • thesaintgjc
    1 posts

(PS4)Last night after putting in over 100 hours into assassin's Creed Valhalla, I get to the brewing storm mission the cutscene goes I go outside the longhouse and Dag is not there he's running around killing people in the town every time you take him down he just pops back up this is so frustrating that this bug has been going on for so long and now I can't progress any further ubisoft does absolutely nothing!!!! All they ever do is ask for a video which is the same video every time or restart your console which is basically a form of gaslighting you because it doesn't solve the problem. What a waste of time and money knowing you put in all that effort and you can't go any further. I also tried to load a pre-existing save to see if that worked and nope didn't work if they expect you to start a new game over again they've lost their minds. Don't think I will be purchasing any more Ubisoft products this is ridiculous and Ubisoft unapologetically doesn't care.

• jSovey
    1 posts

@supernatural695
    same thing happening for me on PC. latest game version. Running intel and nvidia hardware. I’ve tried leaving the area and coming back. I’ve tried loading from a previous save.
    no cut scene when falling asleep. Dag just wonders around like an enemy NPC. The villagers attack him. If I fight him and kill him he just comes back with almost half health. Kill him 3 or 4 times until his stamina is gone. He won’t get back up but the mission never finishes. no matter where I am on the map if the villagers get Dag’s health low enough it pulls me into the first battle cut scene but that’s it. Looking through the threads, it’s crazy that this issue on this mission has been going on for years.
    ubisoft HELP!

• supernatural695
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Rolling76
    3 posts

@keivn086 for a while? its been 14months since the game release....haha

• Oliw1992
    1 posts

i have the sam Problem with these Quest nothing happens with Dag

• seigi110
    7 posts

@versusxy its been a long time since the game was released. They will never fix it. There is no hope. Just delete the game.

Suggested Topics