ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jpsala
    7 posts

Technical support not up to the task? They really should be ashamed of themselves for treating us like this.

• burakakcil
    1 posts

I cant play this game. Brewing Storm bug February 17th 2022.
    Cutscene won't load and Dag shows up running around the village. Killed him 10 times with no avail.

• Lydsockz
    2 posts

Unable to progress through “a brewing storm” . No cut scene. DAG does appear and fight but cannot be killed, keeps getting back up after health is depleted.

saw other forums saying players are having this issue but saw another forum on the player support saying it was locked and the problem was fixed. Help!!

• llolide144
    1 posts

@ubi_plush
    do you know when it is possible that it will be patched

• Alx21bos
    1 posts
    It's mid February 2022 and the "fixed bug" for brewing storm apparently had a reawakening during last game update. Now, mid March it "should be" patched..
    This is garbage, I'm playing on a series S and have been stuck at this glitch for a few days now. Back before I found the pledge table, before I knew about it I didn't know how to start pledging so I did all the river raids up till you can go back to fight the champions of each country. I spent roughly 20 hours on this so when the Dag bug hit, I'm 90 hours in and I have to what?
    I've got a save right before the fortress siege in cent, also one before speaking to Randvi upon reaching Ravernsthorpe after thanking and relieving ceolbert and Basim's long winded annoying Muppet jabber on the horse.
    Finally one more save when being prompted to get in bed.
    I really really don't feel like speed running this game from scratch to get past this bug. The silver lining is I know all I get from river raiding is take it or leave it imo so... yea this is a total bummer, I completed Vinland, asgard and 3/4 of jotunheim. Pledged to everywhere (and completed the arcs) but snotinghamscire and maybe one other. Ubisoft - people having been legit complaining about this bug for over a year now, creating tickets on your site.
    Why is it so hard to fix one part of the game? Why do hundreds of extra hours have to be put in by millions of gamers because you all are incompetent.
    This game has been clunky from the start. Odyssey was a dreamboat glitch wise compared to this.
    Not right.

• Mathzi
    1 posts

I cant continue with the game after waking up in the quest ”brewing storm”
    i can find Dag running around fighting in the village but i cant kill him.

i play ps4, i understand this have been a problem for many people. Do we have a solution for this yet? I bought this game a month ago
    so i guess i have the latest update.

• burntgraphite
    2 posts

As title says. I'm unable to progress with the quest. Have reloaded quests multiple times, played from a half hour back or so, still happens.

I get the prompt to sleep. Go to sleep. Wake up, the environment is being rendered kind of pale, unsaturated, with storm noise in background. Wolf is howling. Walk outside, nothing. Can't interact with anyone. Eventually Dag shows up marked red in Odin's sight. Can't interact, he attacks. I kill him, he gets back up with about 1/3 health. Repeat several times. Dag does not fully die, I do not receive any cutscenes.

Attempting to reinstall, but that seems unlikely to fix.

Also (unrelated) if you guys could stop sending me emails in Cyrillic I would greatly appreciate it. I do not speak or read Cyrillic, nor have I ever. Thanks.

• TheGhost5381
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TheGhost5381
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Lydsockz
    2 posts

@ubi_plush when is the next title update scheduled to be released? I love the game but sad I can’t progress further in the main story line 😞

• Ubi_Plush
    364 posts

@theghost5381 Yes, this bug is set to be resolved in the next Title Update as indicated here. Stay tuned to the News and Announcement sub forum for updates.

• Ubi_Plush
    364 posts

@lydsockz Title Update 1.5.0 is set for February 22. There will be more detailed information posted in News and Announcements!

• Ubi_Plush
    364 posts

@burntgraphite Welcome to the forums.

This bug is being investigated by the game team and set to be fixed in the next Title Update on February 22. Stay tuned to the News and Announcement forums for updates.

Regarding the language of the Ubisoft emails, you can change the language preferences in the account management tab here.

• Ubi_Plush
    364 posts

Hey @mathzi and welcome to the forums. This bug is being investigated and is set to be resolved in the next Title Update set for February 22. You can find more information about this in the News and Announcements sub forum.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

We will now be unlocking this thread as we have an update to share with you all from the dedicated teams.

A fix for being unable to progress after waking up in "A Brewing Storm." is due to be deployed in TU 1.5.0. This Title Update will be released on all platforms on Tuesday 22nd February 2022.

The full patch notes will be made available within the News & Announcements forum prior to the update’s release, and we will update this post with a link once they’re available.

If you are still encountering this issue in-game after TU 1.5.0 has been released and fully installed on your platform, then please don’t hesitate to update us within this thread. When sharing your report, please include a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • That you are unable to progress in “A Brewing Storm” after waking up.

I’d recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread that we can take a closer look at. We can then forward these reports to the dedicated teams for further investigation.

Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • SuperunknownP80
    2 posts
    Technical support not up to the task? They really should be ashamed of themselves for treating us like this.

Add me to the many dissenting voices…I’m a big Ubi fan but this bug started back in 2020! How on earth am I getting this problem still at 18th Feb 2022!! Madness!

come on team you NEED to fix this or what is the point of me buying your games!?

• ChuckKatse
    353 posts

This is a game breaking bug. Reported over and over for months. Yet instead of doing a Hot Fix you are waiting for the title update to finally be released on Feb 22 to fix it. What kind of pathetic support is that? Why do players have to wait for you A holes to fix things especially game breaking bugs. Ubisoft, [censored] off.

• Majlov
    2 posts

hi,
    from 4 weeks we have problem with this quest and nothing has change. Everyday reseach your website to looking something new about this bug, nothing change. In my opinion I'd like skip this quest and move on... Guys seriosly we wait...

• SuperunknownP80
    2 posts
    Is it time for everyone to seek a refund? We all purchased this game on the basis is was a complete package. We received a broken package with no repair. This bug completely breaks the game I poured 105 hours into and has been a problem for almost 2 years!! Disgraceful!

• burntgraphite
    2 posts

@ubi_plush Righteous. Thank you.

Suggested Topics