ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mespech
    Original poster 3 posts

It was said to be resolved on the 1.3 patch last September
    But, as a powerful nemesis to a lot of players, it didn't die there.

YES ! I'M TALKING ABOUT THE DAG BUG DURING BREWING STORM !! The cutscene never happened and I am at 55hours of game. For anyone who would ask, my games files have been validated and I have the version 1.4.1.2 and I play on PC

So please tell me there is another solution than "restart the game and don't do anything else but main quest"

Thanks for the help

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

A fix for "A Brewing Storm" is due to be deployed in TU 1.5.2, which will be released May 24th 2022. You can read the patch notes for this update here!

The duel with Dag does not trigger after sleeping to enter the quest A Brewing Storm.

If you are still having trouble progressing in "A Brewing Storm" following the release of TU 1.5.2, please don't hesitate to share an update within this thread. When providing a report, please include a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • You are still unable to progress in "A Brewing Storm."

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • zacbur87
    2 posts

A brewing storm quest is glitched for me as of today. I have the disc version of the game and the latest update installed and still the cutscene that’s supposed to happen never does for me. I’m on PS5 I’ve already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, didn’t work

• zacbur87
    2 posts

@mespech I’m in the same boat happened to me today but I’m on ps5, this is ridiculous

• seigi110
    7 posts
    I can't play a brewing storm quest. Also, my game is the latest version(5.12) This is not a game its just a bug festival. Well done ubisoft. Are you getting paid to make this mess? Guys just don't buy any ubisoft games. They can't make games.
  • seigi110
    7 posts

Same on me. I find a solution. Don't buy ubisoft games.

• wolfkiba2012
    4 posts

@mespech Same played up until that point fine yesterday then an hour or so ago went to continue playing and left the bed, went outside no cutscene and Dag is just fighting random villagers and wont die. I am on ps4 bought the game when it first came out and then couldnt play for three months till figured out from local store the shipment of game they got was crap so refunded got this version and had minor issues that became resolved fast but now here we are again stuck unable to play because the game was clearly released too early on ubisoft part and still broken. We should get the new doc in march for free with all the issues this game has had.

• seigi110
    7 posts

@wolfkiba2012 We should never buy this game.

• Conor.fl123
    1 posts

Hi there,
    I am currently playing AC Valhalla and the game is updated to version 1.4.1.2. Similar to previos threads, upon starting a brewing storm, the cutscene does not play. Dag can be found as an NPC in a glitched Ravenscroft with no way of proceeding. Can you please help sort this issue.

Thanks.

• joshot4
    2 posts

@mespech same thing has happened to me, hope we can get a response

• L3d_zepp1970
    1 posts

We got in 2022 and a brewing storm still hasn't been fixed....a really disappointing but typical as always move from Ubisoft...

• duplah
    5 posts

@l3d_zepp1970 same with me just got to this point, so, so frustrating

• SilencedGalaxy2
    1 posts

Hello, I've recently reached the quest "A Brewing Storm" and the previously "addressed" glitch of not being able to progress seems to have affected my game. When i wake up in Ravensthorpe no cutscene triggers and when I do encounter Dag I just end up beating him and nothing happens afterwards.

• duplah
    5 posts

@silencedgalaxy2 I have been trying to solve this issue too. So many others are too, but I guess Ubisoft doesn't gaf about its players that paid 60$ for a game and can't finish it

• VersusXY
    4 posts

I have a problem with a quest in Valhalla. A quest called "A brewing storm" Where there needs to be a cutscene, Eivor just wakes up and nothing happens. And then Dag attacking people in the village for no reason. And when I kill him he just revives himself. I killed him 3 times and in the last kill he really died and then his body just dissappeared. I loaded save before several times but it didn't fix it. I can't interact with anything or go to the new quests, can't use fast travels either. I can't interact with Randvi too. I can only use my ship and that's all. I'm first time playing Valhalla's story and I don't want to create a new game just for that bug. And let's say I created a new game, how can I be sure this bug won't happen again? What if it happens in that save too? I can't spend another 40 hours for nothing. I can't play the game that I buy. I saw a topic about this and admins closed it and they said it is fixed at 1.3.1 patch but it seems like it is still here. I'm playing on PC.

• Kevlee086
    3 posts
    I have a problem with a quest in Valhalla. A quest called "A brewing storm" Where there needs to be a cutscene, Eivor just wakes up and nothing happens. And then Dag attacking people in the village for no reason. And when I kill him he just revives himself. I killed him 3 times and in the last kill he really died and then his body just dissappeared. I loaded save before several times but it didn't fix it. I can't interact with anything or go to the new quests, can't use fast travels either. I can't interact with Randvi too. I can only use my ship and that's all. I'm first time playing Valhalla's story and I don't want to create a new game just for that bug. My game is up to date as you would expect. And I'm playing on PC. I see a topic about this and admins closed it and they said it is fixed at 1.3.1 patch but it seems like it is still here. 

Yea i just got to this point to and it its still buged. Used earlier saves uninstalled reinstalled. About to lose 55hours of game i think next ac game ill waot it out for a while

• tryalanderror
    3 posts

This bug has not been fixed. I'm on 1.4.1.2, and the cutscene where Dag calls me out to fight him is not happening.

Link to clip below. Save data included.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uZjzJaiYhCGMRPxXVAEPC6GnsXCeFNi5?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uZjzJaiYhCGMRPxXVAEPC6GnsXCeFNi5?usp=sharing)

• Xetonious
    1 posts

Brewing storm has not been fixed for me either. Very disappointing especially as I've encountered other problems. This is the first game stopping one though, sad.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I've merged together several threads about players being unable to progress in "A Brewing Storm" following the end of the Yule Festival. We've created a new Megathread for this issue, rather than reopening the old one, as it has been several Title Updates since the last fix was deployed. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused by this merge. Creating a single thread helps us to keep all information and updates in an easy-to-find place.

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to progress in "A Brewing Storm" once waking up. I have notified the dedicated teams and have reopened the investigation into this issue. I've also forwarded all of the reports that have been shared with us so far. Thank you for taking the time to post these. I'd also like to thank @tryalanderror for including a video. This is incredibly useful!

If you are unable to progress in "A Brewing Storm," please can you ensure that you have an up-to-date copy of your save file uploaded to the Cloud. You can check this by looking for a cloud icon on your most recent save file.

Additionally, we'd be interested in collecting more videos that demonstrate this issue in-game, as this will help the team to investigate further. If you're able to, please can you capture a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main menu.
    • Your current quest log, showing "A Brewing Storm" as your active quest.
    • That you are unable to progress further once you have woken up.

I'd recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link we can take a closer look at.

@Conor-fl123 & @joshot4 - Would you be able to let me know the username of the account you use to play Assassin's Creed Valhalla with? I've checked the account you've contacted us from, and was unable to find any history of the game on your account. I'd like to collect your account details so we can forward them to the dedicated teams for further investigation.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • mespech
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-borealis It seems to happen everytime after an event, like the Yule or Ostara event.
    Isn't it possible that those 2 things are connected ? That the end of an event create a conflict with the quest ?

I'm just saying that because I saw a lot of post after such events saying that the quest is bugged (and so after patches have been applied)

• Ubi-Borealis

It's certainly possible that they may be linked, @mespech, but I wouldn't be able to speculate on what has definitely caused this issue to return to the game. I have notified the dedicated teams that this could be a potential cause, and I'm sure they will consider this as they investigate further.

Once we have any new details to share from the team, we will let you know within this thread as soon as we're able to.

Thank you 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics