ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• chris02918
    Original poster 2 posts

Dear devs,
    its impossible to make every settlers fan happy and you therefore shoulve sticked with the new 2019 game and refined it instead of trying to make a new settlers 4 meets age of empires thing. For the part of the community who wants a new game more alike to settlers 4, just make a settlers 4 remake like with next generations on settlers 2. Build a functioning game with multiplayer, functioning ai, even in mulsiplayer, modern graphics and those people will be happy. For the rest of the fans, stick to 2019 game and refine it and try to get the balance between community feedback and your game vision right. I want to draw a parallel to Anno 1800 here. The Anno community is also divided into really different player types with different expectations. The missing land units were a hard debate in the developement and fans raged about it, getting refunds and stuff but the team had a vision and was sure that they are creating a new Anno that Annoholics will love. And it was a huge success because they did not try to copy another game or listen to some statistics on what "mainstream" should look like because Anno was never mainstream and will never be like COD or FIFA.
    And similar things go for settlers. Its a niche game with a vision that sets it apart from other games. So by creating a new settlers, the goal should be to create a new settlers game that settler fans will like and not other people.
    Sadly, your closed beta did not feel like a settlers game, it was completely missing the settlers spirit and was more like AOE meets settlers 3 and 4 but worse than any single one of the games. But like i said in the beginning, for the people who want another settlers 4, just remake it. For the rest of the settlers fans, try to stay true to the settlers spirit. The 2019 version had that spirit in it, some things were controversial like the arena-fights win condition but i could see the vision and i could see a version of that game being good when proplerly balanced and with the options to disable or enable features on game creation to fit the needs of most settlers fans. Like in Anno 1800 where you can disable pirates, disable traders, set your own starting environment, win conditions etc. I could see that working in settlers with toggles for disabling arena, going military only, arena only etc etc.

To sum up what i wish for the future of settlers:
    - Remake settlers 4 to be what the original game shoulve been with working multiplayer and new working ai and new graphics as an extra game and name it settlers 4 the next generation 😉
    - Bring back the 2019 version of the new settlers and refine it. Believe in your initial vision and refine it.
    - Don't let the settlers franchise die. I would never forgive that!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AlxRou
    27 posts

@chris02918 Yes, Yes and Yes!!!

• iKKonty
    1 posts

@chris02918 Completely agree with you. I have played all Settlers games, since the first one, and see it go towards Age of Empires-like games kills all the magic of the Settlers franchise 😭

• osiskars
    3 posts

@ikkonty speaking of magic, that was one of the coolest and uniquest thing about settlers 4 . The magic aspect.

Suggested Topics