ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• langotriel
    Original poster 17 posts

It doesn't take a week to get a basic statement out after a Beta. What I take from this is that the statement from Ubisoft is taking so long because they are considering more drastic measures than initially planned.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they postpone the project for another year or two and build on what they had 2 years ago instead? Releasing in 2 months would make Settlers dead on arrival, anyway.

Choosing to do this is not a light decision so I can only hope that the reason we haven't heard anything so far is because the devs are talking to the executives about reverting to the old version.

If not, and this is truly how long they take for a basic response to feedback, then I understand why the game took this long to make, only to be terrible. sorry not sorry.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• meziljin
    6 posts

@langotriel if u check the last news about Ubisoft, u can realize they are failing on all projects. Hyper Scape is closing, division 2 got bad reviews, Skull and bones is a vaporware and so on.... They are failing and this is the last breath... We have just to wait someone buy this project and fix it as it deserve

• Frodosam1
    157 posts

The version from 2019 will not come back. They didnt make an easy decision, they must have had their reasons for changing the game so drastically.

• Netspook
    332 posts

@langotriel
    Most companies does not give statements after betas, some release some corporate bs about having gathered useful information, and nothing more.

I doubt they're delaying it at all. They undoubtly consider it finished apart from smalller adjustments, bug fixes and performance enhancements.

I agree it's a good chance it will be dead on arrival. It's dead for me personally and all the negative posts here suggests there's not a lot of love for this version. I may buy it if it comes on a sale at a maximum of €5 sometimes in the future, just to check the campaign - I'm not paying more than that, that's for sure.

• OldTokken24
    71 posts

@frodosam1 I diasgree - We speak about a company who thinks NFTs are the future of gaming although nobody wants them except a small marginalized group and even they are not enough to make this sales profitable. We speak about a company who has no game to follow up after cut support for the preceding titles. Their stocks went down drastically and there is nothing in sight to correct that - How long do you think a company with this strategy can keep themselves sustainable?

• OldTokken24
    71 posts

@netspook I am uncertain - Yes, it is strange that there was no statement although there was a survey which is also not common after betas. A beta nowadays is given out to promote the game but at this stage their marketing campaign and their new version of the game has failed. Usually, a company would not either cancel the game completely or bring it out to cut loses. The thing is it is different here: We saw the old version and it was playable - so reverting to it would be the best possible outcome - and that is very uncommon for games. Ubisoft can not allow themselves to continue their streak of failing and setbacks, sooner or later they have to come to realization.

• langotriel
    Original poster 17 posts

@netspook Ubisoft have stated that they are currently looking at all the feedback before responding. That was a week ago. The most recent equivalent Beta is AOE 4 where they responded during the beta, complete with bug and balancing updates during it. I have got to assume they saw that was a good way to go about things and want to respond. Problem is, they have a bad product, unlike AOE 4 😛

• meziljin
    6 posts

@langotriel they will probably rush this crap to gather money asap, i don't believe they will reforge this game, release date is on and hardly they will withdraw it. Ubisoft is going into a deep depression since all his products are going bad and it's almost evident it's not the developers the problem but the administration and probably CEO with these aggressive approaches vs great games to steal some of their player base. Seems they are more focused to compete on the same level of other games (without any competences to do that, just shy clones) instead develop and consolidate their own projects

Suggested Topics