ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/14 Replies/842 Views
    Kwisatzz88
    Original poster 5 posts

Hi guys,
    I keep on finding buildings with exclamation point/interaction but there's nothing to do there. They're on the radar too, but nothing happens. Just like the picture. Am I missing something or Is this a bug ?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4651 posts

Hi @kwisatzz88 I'm sorry to hear that you keep finding building's in-game with exclamation points with nothing to do.

Can you please confirm the following:

• When this issue started to occur
    • Roughly how many buildings like this have you encountered
    • Which region of the map does this occur
    • Have you encountered any crashes in the game

Could you also provide a video to demonstrate this issue. In the video can you go to a location with an exclamation mark and show the location on the map and then check inside and around the building to show that there is nobody or anything to interact with. Can you also upload your save to the cloud, I will then report this to the development team to investigate.

Official Response
  • hotfeetinmotion
    50 posts

There is multiple spots where exclamation marks appear but there is nothing at the location. I've included a couple of pics. The first you can see both sides of the wall and nothing on either side. The others are on buildings which you cannot gain entry to and there is nothing in the surrounding area. I have never received anything at these locations before so they aren't left over markers. What is their point?

• Ampee1
    166 posts

@hotfeetinmotion +1 happens here as well.
    I might add that probably one of the patches/title updates introduced this behaviour because during the early days I don't remember having this "empty" exclamation mark pattern happening.

• irishpubwm
    1 posts

I have so far run into 3.....Marlento where the dog is barking.....Yarabi, building with the 9 on it.....where you kill Sanguinario there is a building there....also I read there is on at Siniestra as well. Now some things I have read some of them are solved when you do a later mission and that is fine....the problem is of they are mission orientated then they should ONLY be showing up when the mission is active, just as keys & sometimes even enemies.

Now I just started playing this game a this month....the exclamation is clearly INSIDE the building and there is literally no way inside. Its not on the wall like with some posters or something of that fashion....cause there is quite a difference in the depth of the exclamation mark. Not sure if it is a glitch or not, but truthfully it is annoying as heck.....and I have played every far cry since the beginning and this is a new one on me.

Also....you need to take a page out of Red Dead for how to do the horses....just a thought......

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @irishpubwm apologies for the late response.

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with the exclamation marks in-game.

Could you please check my post above and answer the questions and also provide a video to demonstrate the issue and to show the location on the map.

Official Response
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3881 posts

Hey there guys,

Thanks for reaching out to us and reporting this!

@hotfeetinmotion - thanks for attaching these images, we appreciate it!

Following @Ampee1's post, have you also found this has began since the last update?

And could you both please ensure you have a save uploaded to the cloud so we can pass this report to the team?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • hotfeetinmotion
    50 posts

@ubi-theberry i'm on series s how do i access and upload a cloud save? as far as i know it's automatically handled yeh?

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @hotfeetinmotion please check the support article here for more information on how to upload your save to the cloud.

Can you also confirm if this issue with the exclamation marks started after the most recent title update?

Official Response
  • hotfeetinmotion
    50 posts

@ubi-keo i didn't really start playing until after the latest update (dec 15th i think) so I can't say but Ampee1 (2nd post in this thread) says that it probably happened after one of the later patches. Anyways cheers for the link i'll look into the cloud save stuff.

• Ubi-Keo

@hotfeetinmotion Ok thanks, can you also reply to this thread once you have uploaded your saves to the cloud.

Official Response
  • PR3WE3iMl
    4 posts

I encountered this glitch on a small structure in Cruz Del Salvador/Cape Santa Maria.

Here's a link to the video I recorded showing where this happened:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dxQ9vcXPub9s83vUXeJNH96VI2NrD1Ig/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dxQ9vcXPub9s83vUXeJNH96VI2NrD1Ig/view?usp=sharing)

I think this is the second time, the other was in some city where "Hype Bomb" occurs.

I tried to upload my Save to the cloud, but I don't think it worked because there was no indication of an upload occurring, and when I tried to download from the cloud it said there were no uploaded Saves.

I have had crashes, including one around 12 hours ago. I think I was travelling to some Guerilla Hideout when my screen went blank. I tried to alt-tab (Windows) to another app and I could select which other window I wanted, but still had a blank screen when I should have seen the other window. I finally did CTRL-ALT-DEL and selected Sign Off; Windows complained that I still had something running, then I'm not sure but I think FC6/Ubi Connect crashed at that point and I could see things normally again.

Let me know if I can provide any more info.

PS, when I returned to the game, the exclamation point was no longer there.

And here's another one in Cruz Del Salvador/Sabiduria Valley. This exclamation point is floating in space.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_EG6XaR1OiPgH1qfwwscJEmPdbGBToJS/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_EG6XaR1OiPgH1qfwwscJEmPdbGBToJS/view?usp=sharing)

• hotfeetinmotion
    50 posts
    @hotfeetinmotion Ok thanks, can you also reply to this thread once you have uploaded your saves to the cloud.

done!

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hey there @PR3WE3iMl

Thanks for posting here and for sharing those video clips with us. It's much appreciated! Please let us know if you happen to find any other instances of this issue with the exclamation points.

No worries about your cloud saves, thank you for trying! If you like to ensure that your cloud saves are working for your own purposes please follow these steps:
    • Create a manual save before ending your session.
    Wait a minute or two after the save animation has finished.
    • Open the Main menu and choose Quit to Title Screen.
    • Choose Load Game. 
    • Check if the save you just created has a cloud icon next to the play time.

@hotfeetinmotion Thanks for confirming! We're currently investigating and you can keep an eye out for more information on our News and Announcements page.

Official Response

Suggested Topics