ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• moesuvious
    Original poster 23 posts

So i log in and play for a bit and decide to make a new build using the Gunner specialization, only to find out that mostly all my specialization points are gone, it says 9/165. I finished this thing when it first came out, everything is checked for all the stuff you had to do, i can see all 5 levels and all are checked off. Where the heck did the points go?? I googled a little last night and saw other people with the same issue awhile back but never saw a solution to getting screwed.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• desrocchi
    226 posts

@moesuvious I had the same issue but I cannot remember how I solved it...

I was able to somehow reset the whole specialization progress and the moment it reset it also gave me back all the points. I wish I could be of more help but hopefully messing around with the options you'll be able to reset it too.

• moesuvious
    Original poster 23 posts

@desrocchi thanks, ill tinker with it a bit more tonight and get it figured out hopefully. I tried just resetting the tree but that just gave me the 9 points back. 🙄

• Noxious81
    1197 posts
    (...) it says 9/165. I finished this thing when it first came out, everything is checked for all the stuff you had to do, i can see all 5 levels and all are checked off. (...)

Just to clarify things a bit: the 5 levels you have cleared previously belong to the Field Research. You need to complete the Field Research in order to unlock the Specialization in the first place. Only after having unlocked and equipped a new Specialization you can start earning points for the perk tree. But that's just clear things up a bit for other agents joining this thread later on...

• moesuvious
    Original poster 23 posts

@noxious81 Thanks for clearing that up, been awhile since i did it so the process eluded me. Regardless, i know full well i maxed it out and was done with that tree and am still missing the points. Doesnt really matter tbh, after going hard for a few days im already burnt out again but still pretty crappy as i used gunner on multiple loadouts for the armor regeneration but now, thats the only thing with points attached to it in that tree and im just giving up too many other bonuses to use it and have zero desire to grind anything in this game as its been the same crap for 2 years now.

• Noxious81
    1197 posts
    (...) and have zero desire to grind anything in this game as its been the same crap for 2 years now.

I totally understand your frustration – both about the lack of new content and the missing points.

But at least the good thing is that you do not need to specifically grind of those points – as you also receive them per each level up. And in case you enjoy playing the invasion, you can play three invaded mission on heroic difficulty and you will roughly get 30 points out of them (as invaded missions do grant another 5 points per completion).

So that's luckily not really grinding... it's just playing the game. Additionally, currently no bonus of no Specialization is that strong that it would make a real difference, looking at how easy the game nowadays is (not even the 15% WD). Meaning: if you enjoy playing the game, don't let the lost points get in between you and some fun hours with The Division.

Suggested Topics