ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• toreadorvampire
    Original poster 57 posts

I started GR:B a few weeks ago in story mode. I saw conquest mode was available but apparently it has spoilers for the story, so I figured I'd play the story first.

OK - did a few missions, not many from the main story paths, quite a few side quests and weapon/attachment objectives. I saw two large unlocked paths of main missions. One for Jace Skell and one for Walker. I also see a whole heap of locked main story icons below them (I'm not taking about episodes 2 & 3). The objectives for Jace Skell happened to be in a region I'd not visited yet, but Walker was near some bivouacs I already had, so I figured I'd go do that mission tree first. Yeah, I saw the note about needing to be tougher, but I'd done some side-quests and got some weapons I liked, so why not? I cleared the airfield base and killed the behemoth there in one attempt (took a while, including lots of sneaking about but no KIA). I needed a few attempts at Walker himself but figured I was fighting my first early-game sub-boss.

Once I was happy I'd cleared that region for all of its objectives, I moved on to go start the Jace Skell missions to the south. Now the game's become kind of confusing; all the NPCs are talking like Walker is still alive.

Have I accidentally gone and finished the episode 1 final boss fight, but barely having scratched the surface of the story? For the record I have not yet seen Jace Skell (I only just discovered where Point Zero is) and every other ep1 main story objective on my board is still locked. If so, oof, that's going to make this play through very strange 😆

If my suspicion is correct, in some ways it's cool that the game allows you to do that. There's no artificial reason you can't skip to the end. But - really the game's dialog and narrative should deal more gracefully with it, if that's what the player does.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Steven527
    389 posts

@toreadorvampire
    No, the game is just kind of confused. I have killed walker right after the cut scene where he kills weaver. In some places they have alternatives with Walker dead and others they don't. Get used to it as they didn't spend a lot of effort on consistency in the story. Add to that the main story has parts dropped like a hot potato after community feedback that the drones were ridiculous. The 2nd DLC was supposed to be "Transendence". Grace Maddox was supposed to be the lead into Project Deus. The existence of Project Deus was the cause of the formation of the outcasts. To borrow from Obi Wan however this is not the story line you are looking for...... So finish the main story but don't expect much continuity or logic.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1379 posts

Just like Maverick in Top Gun, it seems you didn't learn your lesson... no good will come from you using Logic or Common Sense.

The game was made for the lowest and common denominator and those guys love to be taken by the hand and told what to think and do only this time, the 4year old kids making this game didn't know the plan and each one of them created what they wanted, hence, the name Breakpoint!.

Suggested Topics