ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Locked SOLVED [RESOLVED] [TU 1.4.2] [PC] White Screen when launching Assassin's Creed Valhalla | POST HERE

5 Likes/122 Replies/6435 Views
    Prinz_Valentin
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello,

since today my game not working. Every startup the Ubisoft Launcher pops up but when the game starts, it's only white screen. I tried to reinstall the game/driver (newest Nvidia 511.65) but nothing helps.
    Is there any soution for that?

Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

As this issue with the white screen crash has been resolved following the release of the hotfix by Nvidia: (https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5320), we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any further trouble with a white screen crash specifically, then please feel welcome to create a new thread and we’ll gladly take a closer look. When creating a new thread, please include any additional images/videos of the issue you’re encountering in-game, as this will be helpful for further investigation.

If you are experiencing a crash without a white-screen, then I recommend you share your report within our dedicated Megathread for crashes / freezes in Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • CallMeSnowWhite
    1 posts

the ubisoft launcher pops up, and the little valhalla loading box but when the actual game loads, the screen is stone white. theres audio in the background, and ubisoft and nvidia overlays work fine, show up and are usable but the actual game itself is just white now. only game i have installed with this problem

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 221 posts

Hi @callmesnowwhite ! I'm sorry to hear you are getting a white screen when launching Valhalla. Have you had a chance to run through our basic troubleshooting to see if this allows you to launch your game? If you run through all of these steps are you are still getting a white screen, please reach out to us on our support website, Twitter or our Facebook with your MSINFO and DxDiag files.

Official Response
  • Scarletto.
    4 posts
    @prinz_valentin I have the same problem please help nvidia driver 511.65 Game Uptade 1.4.2

• speedy_1464
    2 posts
    Same problem nvidia driver 511.65 (RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design) Game Update 1.4.2

• Scarletto.
    4 posts

Could it be caused by the 511.65 driver?

• Jtysn
    4 posts

Did you ever fix this problem. I have 40 hours played and all of a sudden I am experiencing the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

• Scarletto.
    4 posts

problem solving remove nvidia driver install previous 511.23 driver

• Taguilos
    1 posts

@callmesnowwhite hi m8 im running the same problem have you fix it?

• Scarletto.
    4 posts

Problem fix uninstall nvdia driver 511.65 install previous driver 511.23

• tomkas1970
    1 posts

@callmesnowwhite Delete folder C:\Users\userxy\Documents\Assassin's Creed Valhalla and restart game. Works but settings are lost.

• Jtysn
    4 posts

@scarletto how do i reinstall the previous driver

• Jtysn
    4 posts

@tomkas1970 can you provide better description. what folder do i delete and how do i access it

• orldan
    99 posts

Same problem here, I suppose everyone affected is using Nvidia cards with newest 511.65 driver?

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Ubisoft Support Staff 938 posts

@jtysn Hey there, I'm sorry to hear you're running into the same issue. Please make sure you've gone through our PC Troubleshooting guide.

If your issue persists after this, I'd advise you to reach out to our Support Team via our Support Website, Twitter DMs, or Facebook PMs with copies of your MSINFO and DXDiag, as well as a description of the issue (you can even send a link to your post here). Once received, our teams will be able to look into this further with you. 

Make sure you're including the username and email address associated with your Ubisoft account if you're contacting us through Social media. Our team will need to link your account before you're able to upload files. Thank you!

Official Response
  • Dani1cha
    1 posts

@orldan yep, the same

• DanglespotG
    1 posts

I have been faced with an issue I haven't been able to find anywhere else. When I boot up my AC valhalla today only a few hours after I got off. I get nothing but a white screen after the splash screen. I can't get anything to load or interact with my cursor all I get is the menu sound file on a loop.
    What can I do to fix this i was playing less than 8 hours before just fine.

• SuperXP1111
    1 posts

Just remove folder "cache" located at C:\Users\"user_name"\Documents\Assassin's Creed Valhalla\ and game will launch correct

• Moosehead_700
    1 posts

I just refunded the game, bought last night, played for 30 minutes, glad I decided to wait to play it in the morning, I’d hate to have to deal with ubisofts BS all the time, seeing as how this isn’t the first time this has happened.

• Jtysn
    4 posts

@superxp1111 thanks man youre a legend, can confirm this works

Suggested Topics