ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MagicHp
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi everyone.

I am an old returning player, and there was no "targeted loot" back then ^^ So I'm looking for a few explanations:

Let's say I need " Devil's Due ", the unique Ceska backpack . Is it better to run a Ceska or a Backpack targeted loot?

I understand that there might be more chances to get one with the Ceska targeted loot, since it covers a pool of only 7 items. But is this really how it works? Is there a reduced chance for exotics and uniques?

That particuliar backpack is flagged as "DZ-only", even if there are reports of people finding it elsewhere, but doing a backpack or Ceska Summit should still offer some chance to get it, right?
    I extracted 120 items from a Ceska targeted DZ to no avail, maybe I'm just very unlucky ^^

Thanks for your time and answers 🙂

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Noxious81
    1007 posts

Hello and welcome back agent!

(...) Let's say I need " Devil's Due ", the unique Ceska backpack . Is it better to run a Ceska or a Backpack targeted loot?

As you explained correctly, it's always better farming the Targeted Loot area or mission of the Brand, if you are looking for a specific item of a Brand. No matter, whether it's a backpack or a mask or a named item. Because when searching for example for Belstone gloves, there is (roughly) a 1:6 chance that when a Targeted Loot drop appears it will be the desired gloves.

If you searched for gloves instead, the chance for the Belstone gloves to be a Targeted Loot drop would (roughly) be only 4.2%. (To explain a bit further: there are 22 Brand Sets that can drop in the Light Zone, each with a chance of 4.2% to be your Targeted Loot drop – and there's also a chance for the Targeted Loot drop to be a Gear Set, this chance weighs 4.6%...)

(...) Is there a reduced chance for exotics and uniques?

Yes, indeed. When getting a Targeted Loot drop, there's always a chance of roughly 2.75% to 2.9% that this drop is a named item. The chance for it to be an exotic item is basically 1%.

Reminder:
    All the numbers stated refer to the Targeted Loot drops. As Targeted Loot drops are additional drops, they do not refer to the "normal" drops you need to get in the first place in order to get a Targeted Loot drop on top.

(...) That particuliar backpack is flagged as "DZ-only", even if there are reports of people finding it elsewhere, but doing a backpack or Ceska Summit should still offer some chance to get it, right?
    I extracted 120 items from a Ceska targeted DZ to no avail, maybe I'm just very unlucky ^^

That's correct – some items (for example the whole Brand Set Yaahl Gear) are DZ-exclusive and can only be obtained in the DZ. However, named items which are DZ-exclusive also can be obtained by opening Named Item Caches. Especially when a Global Event was running they could be purchased at the GE vendor – but as we currently do not have a GE active, those caches are a bit harder to get.

Oh and yes again – you were very unlucky 😉 ...

• MagicHp
    Original poster 3 posts

@noxious81

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer! Glad to hear that I understood most of this system ^^

Just a little precision on the last part:

Those "named cache" are the only way to get "out-of-LZ" named items outside of their designated zones? Do these out-of-LZ named items can drop from named bosses from the summit?

I am asking since the Summit is the only place that lets you choose the targeted loot ( unless I missed something? A lot have changed ^^ ) , it is also the place to farm in my eyes 😉
    I am missing two precise items for my build (including that "Devil's Due" ^^ ) and I am trying to find the most efficient way to farm those.

Again, thanks a lot 😉

• WrecK3rr
    325 posts
    Those "named cache" are the only way to get "out-of-LZ" named items outside of their designated zones? Do these out-of-LZ named items can drop from named bosses from the summit?

Yes, named caches are the only way to get DZ exclusive named items in LZ.
    And no, those items cannot drop anywhere in the LZ including Summit.

• MagicHp
    Original poster 3 posts

@wreck3rr

Thanks for the info!

Looks like it's back to the DZ for me. Well, the sooner it's done... 😉

Suggested Topics