ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• raptor2-40delta
    Original poster 45 posts

Let me better explain.
    hoping for another Motherland level update is a little too much perhaps, but this game still has a chance on improving more with what’s already in the game.. example: making the rocket launcher occupy a weapon slot and only the ammunitions in the gadget slot. This would improve the immersion by a lot imo
    one other thing would be to rework all gun sounds and allow us to holster the weapon. For this it’s not needed a big update, just some focus on quality of life improvements

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ArgimonEd
    176 posts

@raptor2-40delta
    Look, don't know what to make of it.
    But there was an huge update right after motherland which one of the CM said that not only they were changing the compression method of the files for the game to run smoother they were adding files that were to remain inactive until further updates to make things easier.
    And I'm curious to see what those things were, but it been quite sometime already and nothing been said.
    If they are adding new items to the store, if they are going to tweak a few gameplay things or if they are going to look at other requests we made.
    Give us more gameplay changing options to make the current game more appealing to us.
    If there is an Year 3 or if that was it and only a couple of more updates that are just error fixes.
    We don't know

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1261 posts
    Let me better explain.
    hoping for another Motherland level update is a little too much perhaps, but this game still has a chance on improving more with what’s already in the game.. example: making the rocket launcher occupy a weapon slot and only the ammunitions in the gadget slot. This would improve the immersion by a lot imo
    one other thing would be to rework all gun sounds and allow us to holster the weapon. For this it’s not needed a big update, just some focus on quality of life improvements

I'm curious, if a guy/gal has already done 1 playthrough (and by now I am sure people have done 2 or 3. Well, those who really really love the game), what would the rocket launcher as a weapon slot really do? Are you telling me that you would be willing to go for, yet, another play through just because of it? Well, if you are one of those people who really really loved and I mean immensely loved this game then I guess I stand corrected.

Hell, I started a brand new playthrough testing the Mod that Vahndaar gratefully gave us and midway through it all, I have quit because, even with a slightly better gameplay, the rinse and repeat, the go to this province to gather a very and extremely childish intel and then go to another province to do the same just got old. Then I decided to hit the Convoys, you know, just for the giggles and see how many weapons I can buy from Maria even if I am never going to use it and even that got old as well.

But I digress... Let the improvements come!

• Kean_1
    159 posts

@raptor2-40delta

Ubi just announced that it's cancelling support for Watchdogs Legions. I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same for Breakpoint.

There is a point where it's simply not worth supporting anymore and given that they never really could fully right the ship, I just don't see how it could be worth it to them to continue support for it. ....aside from exploiting the community with NFT experiments, etc.

• raptor2-40delta
    Original poster 45 posts

@fcac-no-moe I never said I’d do another walkthrough.. it’s simply something that would make it more immersive for me, even if I don’t restart the campaign

• raptor2-40delta
    Original poster 45 posts

@kean_1 Ubisoft also know how another update would actually be welcomed.. they saw the positive feedback for motherland compared to the negative one for everything else they did

• raptor2-40delta
    Original poster 45 posts

@argimoned I don’t pretend another big update, but maybe few smaller things can still be added imo

• Kean_1
    159 posts
    @kean_1 Ubisoft also know how another update would actually be welcomed.. they saw the positive feedback for motherland compared to the negative one for everything else they did

That really depends on player population though. I'm not saying it wouldn't be appreciated by those still engaging with this title but is it worth it to them to continue support? There were still people playing Legions too who were fans.

The stark reality is Breakpoint was a bust and failed to connect with most fans and even newcomers alike. IMO, folks are lucky to have come this far with it. .....but since Ubi continually fails to deliver on their promise of more open communication, it's just a waiting game for those of you still holding out hope I guess.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1261 posts
    @raptor2-40delta I never said I’d do another walkthrough.. it’s simply something that would make it more immersive for me, even if I don’t restart the campaign

OK, fair enough. Let me put it to you this way... do you think that for people who have already uninstall the game, would this new implement be worth enough for them to comeback and install the game yet again?

You have to remember that for UBI does with the game installed and/or still playing it, this add-ons may not be worth it because you/me/others are still playing or the game installed so no impact for MTX sales so to speak. They don't move a finger if MTX is not going to happen, the rest is lazy effort because they have a quota or goal to make.

I am not against you in the least but I just see the reality or the lack of effort in their part

• raptor2-40delta
    Original poster 45 posts

@kean_1 well I think people would also be willing to pay if Ubi delivers another motherland level update.. this way they can also get something in exchange of their support

• raptor2-40delta
    Original poster 45 posts

@fcac-no-moe I think if people uninstalled the game they already weren’t interested and for sure aren’t even that active on the forum anymore since, what would be the purpose? I still think it wouldn’t cost much to do this small improvements for those still playing

• Kean_1
    159 posts
    @fcac-no-moe I think if people uninstalled the game they already weren’t interested and for sure aren’t even that active on the forum anymore since, what would be the purpose? I still think it wouldn’t cost much to do this small improvements for those still playing

....not sure if you noticed but hardly anyone is active on these forums especially since the migration.

Me? .....I never even bought Breakpoint so there was nothing to uninstall. Again though, is it worth it for Ubi to even continue supporting BP at this point. That's the question. .....not whether those still playing see a benefit.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1261 posts
    @raptor2-40delta I think if people uninstalled the game they already weren’t interested and for sure aren’t even that active on the forum anymore since, what would be the purpose? I still think it wouldn’t cost much to do this small improvements for those still playing

Is that why UBI insists on giving you free passes for friends, like every other week or so? because they don't care for those guys who have uninstalled the game?

Is that why AT&T or Comcast give a 50% offer to those people who don't have an account but they don't want to give you, the guy who has been with them for more than a decade a cent or a deal? As an example. They always want new people and they will cater to those more than they cater to you, the one who is spending money on their stuff.

Ubi already have you, they don't have to sell you, gimmick you or bamboozle you into buying more MTX, you are already buying it or you are not so, they do need new blood, new people to make those changes worth it or at the very least cost effective to make, otherwise, they are just throwing good money to already burnt money.

• AI.BLUEFOX
    214 posts
    @raptor2-40delta

@kean_1 well I think people would also be willing to pay if Ubi delivers another motherland level update.. this way they can also get something in exchange of their support

Yeah I'd pay for more content if it was more like the Motherland style of design.

The trouble Breakpoint has is the baggage from it's launch design. It will always be seen in that light and to some extent held back by it.

I'd like to hear of a new game in the pipeline to put it behind us.

• Steven527
    381 posts

@ai-bluefox What would also be nice is to see Ubi try and deliver some of the stuff currently accessible only via mods. @vahndaar mod is only available to those on PC and it definitely improves on game play. And the belt removing mod shows it is not only possible but what drawbacks there would be using it (drawbacks I am more than happy to accept).

• raptor2-40delta
    Original poster 45 posts

@ai-bluefox that’s why I think another update is needed.. they could give us one last DLC to introduce the new game, this way it can potentially hype people up and at the same time give us more gameplay

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1261 posts

I wouldn't pay for another Motherland (or similar type of DLC) but if Motherland was any indication (and I say this based on past history even if not considered fact), you can expect another DLC by Summer time. Of course, with an announcement announcing nothing but a simple announcement that you will hear something about it, at some point, in June.

And this is when every hype there is will start, people will forget the amount of months with no communication or roaming around the same grass killing the same paper targets, moving paper targets if you have the MOD on, and moving because they also have eyes in the back of their necks and will start shooting as soon as they see you (w/o LoS but that is half the fun now). 😁

• Church367A
    147 posts

@raptor2-40delta I can't say I'd be interested in spending money on another Motherland update. It still uses the existing island that we have tread and offered up few new firearms and several of those are locked behind an annoying grind. The AI by in large is still braindead as well. That is not saying I would not be willing to spend money on an update for Breakpoint, but they need to do several things for me to actively want to spend money on the game.

Adding the realism mod for console is one of the main things and just a general improvement of the AI in reaction and detection speed which to my understanding that mod can help. The gunsmith options have been left in a mediocre state as well. Not sure why they didn't offer up more grounded trigger options for all firearms along with universal optics at the very least. So if they gave these things out and then announced a DLC for a new location and everything actually released in a bug free manner then at that point I would at least be interested in what they had to offer. Still not at the point where I would actively want to spend money, but I'd at least spend time to look into the DLC to see if it wasn't more rpg game logic with ridiculously armored soldiers sporting invincible helmets along with harry potter's discount cloaks.

At that point if they actually throw out DLC that really was a grounded attempt to bring back the original squad focused gameplay, well... we need an actual squad for that, so need to up the player count to 6 with meaningful order wheel and an ROE toggle... and I just don't see that happening. HOWEVER! If they did such things then yes I would most likely spend more money on a Ghost Recon DLC.

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

It’s possible the game has run its course, but it seems odd to me to start the Quartz NFT experiment on a game that is EoL. On the other hand, the game is probably not bringing in much money making it hard to justify attaching resources to it.

If it was up to me, I would fix a few things that are low hanging fruit that could probably be done by a small team with minimal investment…

• Bring most mod settings to all platforms and a few other settings like more granular controls over Team special abilities and grenades.
    • Add an option to double the number of enemies at facilities and half the number of wilderness patrols.
    • Fix issues with gunsmith triggers and scopes
    • Rebalance weapon damage based on caliber and eliminate suppressor nerfs
    • Expand the map to Moa island with no Skell presence but a bunch of Cold War sites that are being used by Bodark.
    • Add daily missions like the Faction Missions to Conquest Mode
    • Fix a couple AI team issues… keep them closer to you, have them actually stay put when told, and add a cleared hot stealthy command.

• If possible, offer a mission creation scripting tool (even if it’s only available on PC) for the community to create missions

I would pay for this.

I would be equally happy to hear a new game is in development.

• Phuoqyu
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics