ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RainbowAshii
    Original poster 33 posts

Everytime I turn on Valhalla I keep wondering if I actually play Valhalla or some Fantasy-Knight simulator game. We are supposed to play as a Viking, but there are barely ANY norse themed armors in the game, even in hellstore Helix store. Everything is either Shining Knights, Ninjas or other Fantasy Clowns sets.

What went wrong, Ubi? Odyssey never had an issue like this. 99% of armor sets there were Greek-Themed and tied to their mythology. They were tasteful and really nice at the same time. Can't say the same about Valhalla. I cringe every time new armor set gets added.

And another issue with armors is that they are made ONLY for male Eivor model. Everything, literally EVERYTHING is too big for female Eivor. Everytime she equips something she gains +2 sizes. And again, it wasn't an issue in Odyssey for Kassandra and Alexios. It's really hard to believe female Eivor is canon when Ubi doesn't even care for her model in game or how armor sets look on her.

And please don't tell me it's normal how she looks in armors, because it's not. My Jomsviking has the same body model and every armor looks completely different on her. She doesn't gain +2 sizes, armor sets aren't bulky on her. It feels like they were fitted for women, too. But then FemaleEivor shows up and she looks like male Eivor with just female face model plastered on the body.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• JamesLogan491
    140 posts

@rainbowashii I spent the 300 helix credits I got from the season pass on the Einherjar Set. The only somewhat Norse non-fantasy immersion breaking armor in the game in my opinion.
    I wish it wasn't bloody since it is the closest we can get to a Jarl looking armor. spoiler

• RainbowAshii
    Original poster 33 posts

@jameslogan491 Yeah, it's a nice looking set that isn't over the top like 99% of the helix store. We need more sets like this for sure. When I play norse themed game, I'd like to see norse-themed armors for it, not asian or fantasy knights.

• JamesLogan491
    140 posts

@rainbowashii To me it's either go full fantasy or don't bother. A Norse fantasy game like what the new God of War is doing, or the good old Age of Mythology did. It is amazing. But having a reinterpretation of history which is still supposed to be based on reality have all the silly over the top [censored] that doesn't fit the world nor is aided by fantasy game play aspects like magic, mythical creatures and so on makes no sense to me.

Contrary to what I said above about either go all in or leave it, The Witcher did a great job combining fantasy and reality doing exactly the opposite of what AC Valhalla does. A fantasy game play with weapons and armors matching better with the aesthetics of what would be available on the high-middle ages which is the time period equivalent for the game in our universe. The key word here is OPPOSITE.

It is clear that Ubisoft's shameful Helix store is supposed to be appealing to people who want fantasy/non-immersive gear/decorations which is definitely not the case for me with this game in particular.

• pesto.
    366 posts

I enjoy the fantasy armor but all of it is let down by non-flexible elements distorting and moving around with the character rig. And that’s because there’s no physics on the characters clothes. Compare that with Ghost of Tsushima where every plate collides and acts like real armor and cloth flows freely or God of War and it’s night and day.

It’s especially noticeable with the steam-punk set, which otherwise would be very cool.

• RainbowAshii
    Original poster 33 posts

@pesto It's obvious that Ubi won't back down from fantasy armors, but if they keep releasing only those, ignoring anything else, like norse-themed armors then it's a problem. We play as a norse, a viking, yet there's basically nothing for a player who prefers these themes, not fantasy ones.

Not to mention that they don't even try to fit them correctly on female Eivor, so people who prefer to play as a woman see a middle finger from Ubi.

• WildOrchid25
    2 posts

I so agree... wish we'd get more fit armors like the Huldufolk set, this one is one of my favorites along with the Raven set (the default one, not the upgraded). I'd love more norse themed outfits, like the one Shay had in rogue - the viking set. I'm surprised this one isn't in the game.

• Wascaliwabbit
    63 posts

I usually just hide the bulky armor and helmet because i like my character to look like a human not a tank

• RainbowAshii
    Original poster 33 posts

@wascaliwabbit The problem is that 99% of armors look bulky on female Eivor. That's something that should be fixed, since on other females with the same body models armors look normal.

• Ubi_Plush
    364 posts

@rainbowashii Thanks for the feedback and constructive criticism. You bring up valid points.

@Wascaliwabbit @JamesLogan491 @pesto @WildOrchid25 I want to acknowledge your insights and that discussions like these help the game team tremendously. I do not have immediate updates to provide in regards to future content, but please stay tuned to official announcements in the News thread.

• RainbowAshii
    Original poster 33 posts

@ubi_plush I really hope your post isn't some generic "thanks for the post, we'll ignore it anyway!". The situation with armors annoys me even more, because me and other people reported problem with femaleEivor some time after the premiere - that armor sets on her were too big, like they were only made for a male model in mind.

So at the very least I hope something will be done to fix how they look on female Eivor, especially since all these armors look normal on female Jomsvikings. Also, other women in the game don't have such bulky armors. I don't wanna play as a living tank, but game isn't giving me much of a choice. Again, it was never an issue in Odyssey.

• longjohn119
    1340 posts

@rainbowashii Ironic isn't it that the female Eivor is supposed to be the cannon character yet all the armors are for males ..... In Odyssey I have every single item from the store, most of them I won playing the game. In Valhalla I have one armor piece I got from Reda and realized there was zero chance of completing a set much less most of them so I quit even trying. Meanwhile in Odyssey I played the new content and did the 3 weekly quests and got all 5 of the new weapons

Gee I just can't wait for NFTs in Assassin's Creed ......

• RainbowAshii
    Original poster 33 posts

@longjohn119 Exactly. Armors in Odyssey looked great on both Kassandra and Alexios. In Odyssey they look good only on male Eivor and femEivor looks like a joke, nothing else. I honestly can't believe they thought she looks okay.

Suggested Topics