ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sam.SamFisher
    Original poster 117 posts

This has probably been asked a thousand times but... does [in your experience] gear quit scaling once you've reached world tier 5 and gear score 500?
    I ask because I'm 506 total and all the gear I find or have dropped is 450-480 and 465 seems to be very common since tier 5.
    Every now and then I get a weapon that will drop with a 490 score but nothing greater, EVER!
    So... I was wondering if it's futile to go on hoping for 500+ gear to drop?

I put this here as a question for players and not for Ubisoft because the issue is that a couple of gaming mags have said that Ubisoft told them that gear scales in world tier 5 and that has not been my experience so far.

P.S. If anyone knows where to find a P416 G3/GS500(+)? 😁

Sam.SamFisher, out.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• As1r0nimo
    393 posts

500 GS is a maxed out for the basic game. It will be always a god roll (in terms of %). Also, it doesn't have 100% chance to drop in any content.

In any case, it suck even to level 32 purple gear.

• echolecter
    354 posts

If you like to get better drops, closer to GS515, you will need to play missions on highest difficulty I suppose. It's been awhile since I've played with WT5 mode but in the past you could find GS515 items everywhere. I had stash full of them, everything was maxed out, all items where GS515. Then all of a sudden they decided to change it and drops became as you've mentioned. You could (and as it seems, you still can) hardly find anything above GS490. The loot boxes that are scattered around the city only contain 460-ish (purple) items. And the same for roaming elites, they used to always drop high-end stuff in the past, but not anymore.

• Sam.SamFisher
    Original poster 117 posts

@echolecter - Ya, I'm pretty bored with wasting ammo on roaming elites who only drop purple colored crap. The mission drops are bad too. I'll get high-end, but 20-40 points lower to what I'm wearing. Same goes for that so called targeted gear off of roaming Tusk soldiers. All sub 500.
    I've got a couple of things at GS515 and still looking. I've got it figured that I'll need to do more contract hits 😁 for the others. I want to finish the Wired Gear collection but, I sure don't want to make them given the state of my crafting bench. I did a test on the Wired Mask for a build and got handed GS458. And I had a gear score at that time of 503. I then did a test for making one of the blueprints and it took eight costly attempts to get a backpack with a GS of 500. Not cool Ubisoft. Not cool at all.
    Sam.SamFisher, out.

Suggested Topics