ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Thamhuz
    Original poster 36 posts

I realized that i posted my previous topic in the wrong section!
    I just want to open a discussion where all the user base can post and show our affection and dedication to Ubisoft.
    I will repost my topic here!

After seeing the brewing storm thread locked and having read the last post i have come to the realization that we, as a community and end-user, we failed you.... we failed all Ubisoft.

We are really sorry that our Topics and our Threads put in a different light the game, we were just trying to spread Ubisoft quality of work... of which you should be just proud, nothing short of excellency.
    What a selfish approach we had... thinking to have some rights over a product we paid. I mean, it happens all the time...
    I have just remembered the occasion when, in a movie theater, the projector broke half way through the movie gave us an unplanned experience! We all went to the movie theater manager to share our experiences and told him "mate! do not worry, just call us when you plan to fix the issue. In a month, in a year, do NOT worry! And do not even think about to give us our money back, i mean our movie experience have not been affected that much, who cares about the ending!"

In the end there is no reason for us to complain, we got our answer...
    A promised fix
    In an unconfirmed update
    With no whatsoever ETA
    And this is just the third attempt to fix the issue after 452 day the game has been released.

Well, as usual i just ramble when i could have used a few words...

F- Sorry!

I encourage all the community to say sorry to Ubisoft for having kept complaining, please show your affection

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @Thamhuz,

Thank you taking the time to share feedback regarding "A Brewing Storm," and the ongoing investigation into this quest within our General Discussions forum.

As I explained in the thread you created in the Player Support forum, we have temporarily locked the dedicated Megathread for "A Brewing Storm" as enough information has been gathered for the development team to continue their investigation with. The team have confirmed that they will be deploying a fix for this quest in the next Title Update. Please note that the Player Support team are unable to speculate on an ETA for when this Title Update will be released, as this information has not yet been confirmed.

Once we have more details to share, including a confirmed ETA for the Title Update, this information will be shared in the dedicated Megathread, as well as within our News & Announcements forum via patch notes. We will also unlock the linked Megathread once any new information is available.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • jpsala
    7 posts

I am so upset and frustrated with the way ubisoft is handling this issue. There is a recurring gamebreaking bug in the main quest, making it impossible to continue. That must actually have top priority, but there will be no hotfix or patch, instead you will be put off with the usual standard phrases until the next update cycle. I've been playing video games since the 90's but I've never come across anything like this. I feel that the support treats me like a child who doesn't have a clue anyway. (sorry for my bad english)

• bielik01
    1772 posts

@ubi-borealis actually, if it's really gonna be the next TU, we know the release date, because of Dawn of Ragnarök - March 8th.

• Thamhuz
    Original poster 36 posts

@bielik01 this is what i hope (if we cannot get an hotfix this is the next logical date).
    What i really cannot understand is what is blocking them to commit on a date... is it really better to let the customer just rage and let them guess when they are going to be able to play again the game?
    And then i just think (fear) that maybe they are full focus on the new expansion and they plan to release fix of the base game on the next TU

• bielik01
    1772 posts

@thamhuz probably some other team is working on the new expansion. But I feel you. Originally I joined discussions because of Unable to re-play Trials of the Morrigan bug, and I had hope maybe they fixed it each time new TU was released... It took them almost four months to fix it, so that was pretty "fast". I really don't understand why they have this release cycle if it's failing them. Who would wait 1.5 months (or more) for a game-breaking bug fix? This is clearly a case when a hotfix should be deployed, and I don't mean just this bug, but any other major bug.
    I can turn a blind eye for runes management, how it's poorly done and not well thought out (how one could come up with the idea of presenting every rune distinctively, if the list can grow so much) - this is something that could be implemented with a TU - but not game-breaking bug fixes!

• Kormac67
    1090 posts

@bielik01 Priority depends of course on how many people are actually affected with the bug. And not many are playing campaign at this early stage at the moment anyway. They probably have telemetrics on stuff like that.
    They do fix game breakers eventually but it has no priority as you can see from patch after patch released without a fix. In Far Cry 6 people have been locked inside dog kennels for 3 months until a recent fix (there are no savegames in FC6, just a single autosave). And how long did Dead Sunniva take? Half a year or so?
    And the terrible communication is just their process. Forum management has probably just a ticket system to fill (with mandatory video to provide, so they always ask for one) and get no infos themselves.

Suggested Topics