ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SuperSearle
    Original poster 12 posts

Any time I try to use match replay it takes about ten times longer than it should and I usually give up before I see the thing I actually want.

It's super common for the last play of the round/game to be the one people want to look at, yet as soon as the timer hits the end of the footage it automatically loads the next round or closes the play.

Even ignoring the constant audio bugs, whoever thought this current format allows people to view footage easily should be fired.

Fix the long loading times. Fix it kicking you out the round/game once the time expires.

Seriously ubisoft, your game is a joke - stop half assing EVERYTHING.

While I'm here it's insanely stupid that you can unlock player cards showing skins you don't have unlocked. Again, who thought that made any sense at all? Is no one sense checking any of the ideas? Morons.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Lie-nus
    179 posts

@supersearle If this was like, a year ago, I would have disagreed with you, pointing out it's an in development feature (beta?). However, it's legitimately been an entire year this feature has been in our hands and it's no closer to final release than it was back then. We've gotten like 1 update in the patch notes that I remember, and it was shrinking the file sizes of replays.
    In addition, there's still:

• no easy export and importing of replays. Not everyone has the computer skills or is comfortable to dig around for some random file.
    • no console version
    • no easy way to see Pro League matches. What do you mean I have to look for a web page that may or may not be published? CS:GO has this integrated into the game client.
    • no demo viewer version of the game. Having a minor update break my replays is ridiculous, especially for those who want to see an old Pro League replay. Even if they can't make replays work between versions, allowing us to download a semi restricted version of the game would be huge for some.
    • no preview. Looking at my replays, I have no clear idea which games are which, because there is no match synopsis. All I see is the map, the game type, and the time the replay was taken. Because of this, you are forced to watch the replay to see if it's the right one. Heck, keep the synopsis in .ini.txt format so people digging around replays knows what to look for.
    • no free cam. This would be huge for casting in addition to replays. I know that it's possible because some modders did it, and the benchmark screen may have that ability as well.

Unless they make some big promises during new season's panel and/or the Year 7 panel for this feature and deliver, it's absolutely unconscionable that it's been left in this state for this long.

/rant

edited first sentence to get my point across a little clearer

Suggested Topics