ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TROOPER181
    Original poster 3 posts

cutscenes are locked in 30fps. Thats pretty bad if you play this game above 60fps and then suddenly you stare to a 30fps cutscene. The game immersion is broken by it. The other Far Cry games didnt had this only 60fps lock in maps /main menu's but not in cutscenes.

Is there any possibilty to uncap this?
    And why did the studio choose to lock it for PC at 30fps i the first place?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@trooper181 Hi there.

Thank you for posting!

Regrettably, the cutscenes are 30 FPS, and this is a locked frame rate that can't be changed. We can, however, forward your comments and feedback on this to the team. Apologies for any inconvenience caused, we appreciate it's a noticable difference when running the gameplay at 60 FPS or higher.

If you have any further feedback, or any questions for us, please let us know.

Official Response
  • TROOPER181
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-nacho thank you for reaching out. I would appriciate it that you forward my question.
    I would like to know their response.

• schurman93
    1 posts

Yeah it looks pretty bad when the FPS drops from 60+ in gameplay to 30 in cutscenes. Weird decision here, to deliberately make the game look worse during cut scenes.

• RyoMario90
    1 posts

I don't understand the reason behind the locked 30FPS in cutscenes either, why would somebody want that? It's 2022 and Ubisoft is still stuck in the locked 30FPS stone age... whoever thought that limiting the FPS to 30 was a great idea needs to be fired, and do yourself a favor dear Ubisoft and never EVER limit the FPS to 30 in any game and in any situation. It's bad enough as it is with prerendered 30FPS videos plaguing the video games industry pretty much since the beginning of gaming.

• Just_Relaxed
    1 posts

@RyoMario90 And it's still 30fps 😠 I am playing on max settings with 100fps and then in a cutscene, it's like someone smudged my glasses hahaha

• Kormac67
    1144 posts

@Just_Relaxed Well better do not watch movies on DVD then. And never go to a cinema.

Suggested Topics