ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GnarlyAtol1793
    Original poster 523 posts

for an upgraded version.

There is a lot I do not like in both games, which basically comes down to the fact that I prefere realistic shooters. But both games I played more intensively than any other game. The reason is that I like the detailed looks of the cities and missions and the gunplay feeling, means how it feels to shoot 😊 and it works very well playing with other people. So far I played TD1 campaign 3 times (a 4th time soon when finished Far Cry 6), half year TD1 darkzone, TD2 campaign 2 times, TD2 darkzones limited so far. Just reached SHD 4.600 and continue playing, hoping for big future content 😁.

Everyone has different hopes for the upcoming content, my fear is that this is nothing more than the aparell, changed gear/skill tree stuff and the new game mode, whatever it is (Survival I play in the great TD1). I do not care about these things. Realistically, of course I do not believe that they would realize even a tiny bit of my dreams for upgrades but these things always come into my mind when I play these games (and a lot more 😊).

For TD1 upgrade I wished they would add open world content as in TD2 endgame (but improved, details below) because the great looking open world inc Brooklyn map is dead when reaching endgame … such a waste. Would pay 100 for an upgrade 😊.

For TD2 upgrade I wished they would “simply“ make better use of what is already existing, so many low hanging fruits. What I mean is this:

• Make use of the following areas for missions/side missions/projects in end game for normal PvE content: the 3 great looking raid maps, the 3 great looking conflict maps, Kenly College map, side mission locations from the campaign, contaminated buildings, tunnels and multiple locations only used for putting crates there … such a waste for this one-time use, the great looking underground area of City Hall and the old bunker at Navy Hill and several other locations from campaign which cannot be accessed anymor (what, are you nuts?) … Even Summit locations and safe house locations could be integrated in projects
    • Improving the existing mission maps for multiple use: turning the absolute linear missions in small mini maps (comparable to the open conflict maps). That would allow more flexible playing and these great looking mission maps could be used also for small side missions and projects. Always when I play missions I am thinking “woah, great looking … but such a waste“.
    • Adding realistic tasks: well, the whole game consists of going into a restricted area, a room or otherwise restricted, shoot and open crates. Shooting red, purple, yellow, named and boss NPCs which simply digest a different amount of bullets, of course the crappy dogs … It’s in every mission, every CP, every bounty … the same pattern. Eg the weekly projects could be also designed as kind of mini side missions which feel real and fit to that post apocalypse story. Eg during TD1 world tiers side missions popped up to find certain people in the open world as an example. So much possibilities for realistic and motivating tasks. So much waste …
    • I would pay 100 for an upgrade 😊

But I would be happy for a new DLC like WoNY and paying for this of course, even if they keep current repetitive and unrealistic gameplay, full with nonsense tasks 😁.

For a Division 3, I have much bigger dreams … of course 😁💪.

Happy shooting!
    Best
    Gnarly

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Peter8uk
    103 posts

@gnarlyatol1793

I'm shd 4500. Over 100 days in game time. I paid £15 on sale price for base + expansion combined. Price vs value is insane return.

I am bit burned out on iron horse raids. Healer/tank hitting same switches/values or DPS killing same 2-3 NPCs at spawn doors. They need to make another raid mission for sure.

I would definitely pay to receive expansion of another city at full price. Or move towards Division 3 as a whole reset for all, bored of same loot over and over. I remember the excitement of finding new items or creating loads of build diversity. Pre SHD 1500 I was spending most of my time in inventory keeping things tidy and using excel sheet more than actually playing missions! It was like a game within itself to manage the stash, which I found satisfying. Now I just walk past, share loot. I liked that feeling as if I was opening xmas present or loot box literally.

I think don't Division Heartland will have persistent loot, only per session loot (Someone correct me with right source if I'm wrong). Which is a shame because that is what keeps Division 2 going - Diversity and trying new gear combinations/talents.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    Original poster 523 posts

@peter8uk
    I played both raids 3 times each only and don’t want to play again. My clan leader plays these raids every day, since two month now 😊. Not my cup of tea, does not motivate me at all but Division has a lot to offer to suit different likings. But when I played these raids I made several photos because of the great looks and was always thinking, such a waste, that these great looking maps are used for raids only, the same with the great looking conflict maps.

Well, I understand the motivation from loot/grind stuff, I went through that mill as well of course. But to be honest, during campaign I simply picked up what was stronger, ignored reading all the gear stuff details, attribute, talents, perks, …, I simply played and had fun. I played TD1 campaign 3 times solo, some games in between. Then when the first corona lockdown came I registered for Xbox life (?) to be able to enter the darkzone. One thing that made me quite angry when I played TD1 first time, that I have to pay extra to play a huge part of the map that I otherwise cannot see. Because I was so flashed from the great looks and atmosphere of TD1, I wanted to discover the darkzone map despite not being interested in PvP. Well, that changed my life, playing every second day in average now and doing limited sport 😁. But every rouge killed me in a second, then the fuss started, watching YouTube guides, reading forum guides, grinding, … optimizing to get a good build. I sweared at that time to never buy a loot shooter again 😁. After half year TD1 darkzone I played TD2 campaign a second time and entered endgame and was working on a good build again to discover the 3 darkzones because being together again a big part of the map which I have not seen before. The fuss started again. Personally I wished Division would be a realistic shooter in a realistic setting, the latter is the case with TD1, TD2 with some strange design decisions providing here and there cartoonish looks and kindergarden atmosphere. I wished one could switch off the loot functionality. The whole loot/attribute/talent/skill/skilltree stuff is a big part of the game what I do not like in this game, others being highly motivated from. I prefer realistic content and tasks instead of these gadgets and especially with PvP being not affected by this. At SHD 4.600, I ignore the loot and gear stuff and simply enjoy playing. I use one build for every content. Such a relieve.

Suggested Topics