ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JohnOrthodox
    Original poster 5 posts

Hi,

Which rifles (among assault rifles and DMR) are good for silent single-shot base clearing?
    I know of the M4A1 Tactical, but I don't what other guns are just as good, or surpass it.

Also, what are the advantages and disadvantages of using a DMR as your primary, and firing silenced single shots with it, when assaulting?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• toreadorvampire
    56 posts

@johnorthodox I have had great results with a silenced G28 (DMR),

It's not got the best damage but it is accurate, has good range and fires quickly enough that:

• If you miss a long-range headshot you have time for a follow-up before the target starts running for cover
    • You can deal with small groups of enemies and land 2-3 headshots if you can aim quickly enough, before they start running for cover

I keep an MP7 as a secondary primary weapon (mid-range) but tbh I'm tempted to change my tactical settings to only allow one primary weapon. For almost all of the purposes I use the MP7, I could probably have used either the G28 or my sidearm.

Main disadvantages (for me) of a DMR is the lower rate of fire and the lower magazine size, when compared with an ASR. The advantages are superior range, accuracy and (less important to me because I only aim for headshots and don't use gear-score) damage. The MP7 has gotten me out of a couple of situations where a swarm of enemies all came for me at once at close/mid-range, usually because they spawned as part of a mission (including the spawning enemies in Brother vs Brother).

• Virtual-Chris
    800 posts

If you want to play with some authenticity, then a short barrel rifle (SBR) is the tool of choice for close quarters or room clearing. A 5.56 assault rifle is plenty lethal at these ranges.

The HK 416 with a 10.5” to 12.5” barrel, suppressor, and a red dot optic (with optional magnifier) is the weapon of choice for most special forces. It uses a short stroke piston to cycle the action making it more reliable than something like the M4 which uses direct impingement (gas is channeled to act on the bolt directly).

If you want the ultimate in stealth, at close distances, than the HK MP7 SMG is the tool of choice.

A DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle) is typically configured for longer ranges outdoors and has a longer barrel, a magnified optic, and usually (but not necessarily) a larger cartridge (7.62/.308). You can use a platform like the 416 and configure it for DMR duty by swapping the barrel and optic. H&K makes a 7.62 version of the 416… it’s called the 417/G28. The SR-25/M110 is another popular DMR platform.

As you can see, H&K (German) is the manufacturer of choice for many. Their products are extremely reliable and probably the most field tested weapons outside of the venerable AK platform.

Ideally, you would use an SBR for base clearing and a DMR for recce/patrol duty.

• Rootimus
    51 posts
    Which rifles (among assault rifles and DMR) are good for silent single-shot base clearing?

Honestly, any that do semi-auto and can fit a suppressor.

WRT using a DMR, everything under the sniper tab is detectable at 48m suppressed, whereas an assault rifle is 33m, an SMG is 23m and a pistol is 18m (numbers provided by the Reddit cesspool, but I've found them to be accurate).

Suggested Topics