ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Is it just me or is the pinpoint accuracy grenade spam and med box madness back into the game with this update for next week rerun of season 2?

2 Likes/24 Replies/545 Views
    N3mB0t
    Original poster 901 posts

playing legendary last night felt just like this , game in general also feels tougher with some npc´s hitting much harder than usual , looking at you side aiming smg npc´s and all factions grenadiers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Peter8uk
    103 posts

@n3mb0t

I know what you mean. If I play another game then I come back to Division 2 I realise how rock hard it is, one hit and armor disappears.

I feel sweaty when I have to run in with full PFE to take out drone users and med boxes then run back to door for everyone else to DPS without getting drones in their face.

• Imagine_Brata
    508 posts

Nice that it's not just nerf in the game :). Now I'm going to run some legendary missions. The last few days it has been about 60 hours in Dying light 2 already.

• Noxious81
    901 posts

For us it felt no different. We ran DUA yesterday with a team of four, one agent being fairly new to legendary content. We did not use the AFK-drone/turret-builds (we generally oppose using them) and it went surprisingly smooth keeping in mind that one of our agents neither had sufficient experience with legendary DUA nor a completely appropriate build.

So I can't say whether it is just you, but it at least isn't us (us = the four aforementioned agents).

• Oatiecrumble
    600 posts

My son was in a legendary last night and he came and see me and said "Have they changed the difficulty for legendary? is that what the latest update was?".........he was mainly complaining about the accuracy grenade spam.

I replied "Nope, just a update to the new gila mask and prepping for the re-run of a season".........he replied "Nah, they have deffo done some kinda background buff or broke something, it's ridiculous"

I just looked at him and laughed 😆

• Noxious81
    901 posts
    (...) I replied "Nope, just a update to the new gila mask and prepping for the re-run of a season".........he replied "Nah, they have deffo done some kinda background buff or broke something, it's ridiculous" (...)

I think this often is a matter of perception. Sometimes you get into situations where the "grenade spam" just feels terrible – and it probably also is at that moment. But not because the devs changed anything, but because especially on legendary difficulty situations are rarely always exactly the same.

Maybe you aggro'd the enemies too early. Or took out one or the other grenade launcher too late. Often it also has to do with how mates move and position. Or also their abilities or builds in general. Of course, situations with experienced players or well used CC builds will feel better than without...

Just a personal story about this:
    A few weeks ago, two mates and I did a long legendary night with several runs on all missions. At some point, the last run was Roosevelt Island, late at night. Very late at night. The last sequence before the final checkpoint. Right where you get out of the underground tunnel. Well, we got out – and were beaten back into the tunnel pretty quickly. By hundreds of grenades. That was "grenade spam" at its best. Long story short: we tried out best to work with this situation, and eventually died. And went to bed.

Since the next day was a Saturday, we decided to go straight back into this mission again to make last night's ignominy forgotten. And... the exact same spot was a walk in the park. With the same players and the same builds. The difference was: it was not 3h at night and we were not too tired and too impetuous. Instead we were well rested. And we just did things right. Well.. but the night before... 8 hours before... everyone could have pointed the finger at the devs. But they weren't to blame, that was just us.

• hralex1951
    166 posts
    Banned

Sometimes there are rediculous difficulty spikes in a level, they are just random.

• the_Kettle
    234 posts

Just tested this (first time I've been in game all week) and they haven't restored grenadier accuracy to the old levels - it used to be any enemy grenade thrower could land a grenade from 50m away with pinpoint accuracy every time. After the nerf, only black tusk / white tusk retained that level of accuracy. Played hide and seek with some outcast grenadiers just now and they're definitely still missing at range.

• N3mB0t

@the_kettle

what i felt was on legendary to be fair , but the amount of nades that they shoot in a row felt too much, more than usual , been playing for a long time and i feel this went back to the old annoying levels of spam , the accuracy isnt a problem if you dodge when its coming , but when you dodge and are hit by the next one before you can blink then we have a problem.

• the_Kettle
    234 posts

@n3mb0t Elites in legendary always fire 3 in a row in my experience, not sure if they re-aim while firing or not - I haven't tested this week but it may be you just got unlucky with a second grenadier starting firing just after you dodged, or something?

• Oatiecrumble
    600 posts
    @the_kettle
    the accuracy isnt a problem if you dodge when its coming , but when you dodge and are hit by the next one before you can blink then we have a problem.

That was the problem he had, he dodged and another was on it's way, he died and his reviver hive kicked in and as soon as he revived another one hit him and killed him again........i cannot help myself but laugh 😆 😆 😆

• N3mB0t

@oatiecrumble

that wasnt very far from the truth...😊

• Avalanche81
    24 posts

I have noticed this even now, i was trying to do this mission in a stronghold on the lowest setting or whatever it is to get to the next world tier and i just can't complete this mission, at first i thought it was the gear, so i made new gear......nope, no difference, its just as impossible. I personally just uninstalled the game from my PS5.....it just ticked me off so much.

I know i am not a top notch player of this game, but i never had this problem before, something they did has messed everything up.

• mckrackin5324
    11 posts

@noxious81 It's been my experience that when patches increase the difficulty, it just hits solo players and doesn't effect groups. I remember several times where I'd be playing solo and the game felt like it was scaled for a 4 man group.

I'll be honest though, I haven't played TD2 in a year or so. I just came here to whine a little about TD1. It's still a super fun game but they super nerfed the side mission XP since I last played and I'm power leveling an 8 year old. Seriously slowed down the process. Why in the heck would they remove XP from side missions in a 6 year old game? Makes no sense.

• V4MPiR1
    224 posts

@n3mb0t I think Mac touched on something above, WRT changes being more readily observed in solo play than in coop, where target prioritization can be diverted or otherwise mitigated through teamwork (synergy).

When soloing the open world on heroic with directives, I have also perceived, like Nem and Oatie's son, an increase in both hand grenade and grenade launcher accuracy consequent to the update.

Moreover, I have perceived some permutation of increased random patrol spawn rates, decreased random patrol spawn proximities, and/or increased detection range in the open world; resulting in an increased level of faction bumps/engagements (inc. with activities).

• Oatiecrumble
    600 posts

@V4MPiR1 totally agree with what you said.....few things i have noiticed, and i believe this was a little before the latest update:

NOTE: This is solo play as i am pretty much solo 99.9% of the time (Xbox)

I have been doing CP4's pretty much my whole time (79th place on the leaderboards - not flexing just demonstrating) so i pretty much know everything that is going to spawn and where and when.

What i am noticing is the map/area is clear but as soon as i get in range of the CP "Boom" atleast one group of roaming mobs and a supply convoy pop up on my map BUT if i retreat from the CP they dissapear from my map.

There is one control point that i know 100% has changed, upon the entrance to it there was never any roaming enemies, now their will always be enemies behind a wall near the entrance fighting civilians so as soon as i trigger the CP they will come too.

Oh and the random fire explosions whilst i'm behind cover and not a single petrol canistor near me......before i forget, damm them Turret/Controllers/Mechs have some serious single shot damage, Would love to know how much CHC/CHD they have 😆

I could go on and on, there deffo as been some tweaks, not that it bothers me just some clarification would be nice.

• N3mB0t

another thing i sometimes feel is as if the game mixes up your dificulty level ,example , you play on challenging in matchmaking , after the mission is over you get back to your session but the enemies keep feeling like challenging dificulty although its a heroic session , kindda hard to explain it better.

• N3mB0t

and about the tweaks that were done... i dont think anything was done by them apart (my guess) from using an old build of the game where all this corrections and balancing simply weren´t present yet .

• V4MPiR1
    224 posts

@n3mb0t Agreed. Definitely an inferior iteration of the game's NPC 'behavior'.

• Oatiecrumble
    600 posts

Yeah, maybe the update rolled back the game and brought back some things people was complaining about......tonight was well funny though, felt first hand of some serious accurate nade spam, plus the enemies was so aggressive i think they had some meth or something 😂

Suggested Topics