ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• idkmort
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis I can confirm that starting the Francia DLC and finishing the first mission, Warlord of Malun, fixes the bug! I returned to England after finishing the mission, saved my game, exited the game, and loaded up the save. No more drunk Eivor! Thank Freya!

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

Hello @idkmort and thanks for getting back to us.
    Happy to hear the bug was fixed and you continue enjoying the game.
    Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    98 posts

I recently started a new game back in January and was unable to access the Yule festival this year until update 1.5.0.1 lunch. After getting access to the festival every time I load into the game or I die I loaded back into the game drunk. I have recently downloaded update 1.5.1 and am still having this issue.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Hey @gladi8ordude ,

Thank you for getting in touch!

As noted in the thread, could you please try travelling to Francia and back and let us know if this helps resolve this for you?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    98 posts

@ubi-theberry Hey there, I have just tested this out and it seems to be working. I am no longer loading into the game drunk. Thank you for the heads up.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 768 posts

Hello @GLADI8ORDUDE , thanks for letting us know it is working now.

Please feel free to reach out if you need our assistance in the future.

Official Response
  • Nebedj01
    1 posts

It started juste before Tamworth siege while arriving in the city. I first thought it was ans heat distotion effet

Now, every time the game load, I have the drunk effect... I'
    I seen it's an very old bug supposed to be fixed long time before I bought the game ... a couple weeks ago.

Meditation fix it, but I'm not supposed to do that a each single load...

• Der_Natlaan
    1 posts

I've come across that "Drunk Eivor"-Bug that is commonly caused by one of the seasonal activities, but it was the DLC-Quest "Strangers Bearing Gifts" that caused it.

If I load a savegame where the quest is completed, I get the drunkenness screen effects for about one or two minutes.

• Ryusennin
    161 posts

@der_natlaan

I recently encountered this bug on PS4 right after Oswald's wedding (East Anglia). Since then I platinumed the game, but every time I launch my save, Eivor is dead drunk.

It' doesn't happen at all on my PC save.

• veico_cm
    56 posts

I started a new playthrough and every time I load one of my save files Eivor is slightly drunk. Just enough to notice it but it gets annoying when I die in battle and have to retry from a checkpoint with drunk Eivor. Started happening after returning from the Ireland DLC to England.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2363 posts

Hello @veico_cm,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I can see that this issue has been reported and it's currently being investigated. Can you please confirm if your latest save is currently uploaded to the cloud? It will help us to pass it along to the development team. Secondly, can you please provide us with a short video, so I can also pass it along? It will help our teams to speed up the ongoing investigation.

Many thanks and apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • veico_cm
    56 posts

@ubi-mark

here it is, it may be hard to spot but the screen has the blurry drunk effect applied to it as well as Eivor performing the drunk idle animation

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 351 posts

Hey there @Der_Natlaan and @Ryusennin! Thanks for letting us know that you were also seeing this issue. Since we are looking into reports about this currently, I've gone ahead and merged these topics so that we can keep everything under one thread/post. I went ahead and added your information and save files to the report to help the team investigate this further.

@veico_cm I also shared your video of the issue with the team as well!

Once we have any updates, we'll be sure to update everyone and let y'all know. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • Ryusennin
    161 posts

You might as well merge those posts into the dedicated megathread:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/133985/eivor-spawns-into-the-world-drunk-post-here?lang=en-US

• Ubi-LadyBlue
    Ubisoft Support Staff 206 posts

On it @ryusennin!

Thank you!

Official Response
  • xrayspex_73
    163 posts

@ubi-ladyblue

I am also having this issue. I remember this bug from a year ago. It's somehow back again and I load in drunk everytime now.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 847 posts

@xrayspex_73 Sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue! Did this start after an event or after starting a DLC? If you travel to another region and back to England, does the issue persist?

Official Response
  • xrayspex_73
    163 posts

@ubi-mushy I think it has to do with the France intro mission where you get drunk at your settlement w/ Toka. Yes, traveling to France seems to have fixed it. If you don't travel to France, you will spawn in drunk until you do.

• veico_cm
    56 posts

@xrayspex_73 @ubi-Mushy I can confirm this is 100% correct, I wanted to update the thread because I just figured this out, just to realize you already did before me. the Paris DLC setup quest messes up your game, which can be fixed by travelling to Francia with Pierre.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1138 posts

Hey there, @xrayspex_73 and @veico_cm. Thanks for sharing this information with us and that traveling to France helped fix this for you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics