ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3594 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Ok thanks again for the update.

If you happen to experience the drunken effect again then please let us know.

Official Response
  • JK-Vulcan
    1 posts

I experience this everytime i load the game as well now.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2298 posts

@jk-vulcan This is something we are aware of and it is actively being investigated.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • sattium85
    107 posts

Again Eivor is drunk in Ravenstorp. This bug has been reported many times and hasn't been fixed.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2189 posts

Hey @sattium85

We have seen some recent reports of this again recently and have been forwarding the save files to the dev team but we haven't got any updates to share on this at the moment. I apologise for any inconvenience caused from it.

Official Response
  • Angry_Sith_Lord
    6 posts

Here is a video proof of this bug . I have it for some time. Video from 1.4.0 update.

I load a game - drunk. Then i travel quicksave, go to main menu and load that save- still intoxicated effect

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1222 posts

@angry_sith_lord

Thanks for providing that for us. I've passed this on to the team investigating this issue.

Official Response
  • GrndMstr-Kelso
    4 posts

Re: [[RESOLVED] Upon load / after desynchronisation](Eivor spawns in drunk | POST HERE)

Looks like the previous thread is largely resolved so thought I'd start a new one?

Hard to say how long it's been going on but definitely my last two play sessions Eivor loads in drunk. Fast travelling doesn't seem to trigger it again, not sure about desync. I had hoped it would go away after the Oskoreia Festival ended but evidently that is not the case.

Please find attached a screen capture of what happens. I appear to be running version 1.4.0, shown in the clip. Playing on PC.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone find a fix? I saw the gear visibility fix but it didn't work for me :c

Thanks for the help!

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1479 posts

@grndmstr-kelso Hello there!

Thank you for posting your report on Eivor continuing to spawn in drunk. We appreciate the provided video showing the issue.

Could you please confirm if this is still the case in TU 1.4.1?

Official Response
  • askobilv
    1 posts

i've been encountering this from the very begining, am i doing something wrong?
    if its a real issue i dont understand how issue like that isnt addressed already

• Kormac67
    1023 posts

@askobilv We had this during the last Yule festival 2020. I don't have it now though.
    When was your "very beginning"? After the current Yule festival started? Maybe this will fix itself when the festival ends.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 868 posts

Hello to you both! I am moving this thread to our Player Support section for further assistance. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    98 posts

I have encountered the drunk Eivor bug again, but it is only affecting my new game save file. For some reason, my older save life does not have this issue.

Here is a video clip of my new save and the drunk Eivor bug happening like before. If load in for the first time I am drunk. I also load in drunk if I die and load back in.

Here is a video clip of my old save the game seems fine and I do not have any type of drunk Eivor bug.

I am not sure if for some reason you start a new game. The bug will reappear for some reason and any fix from before does not apply.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1424 posts

@gladi8ordude Yeah, weird bug, that. Had it for quite a while then it just went away, apparently of its own accord. With luck your Eivor is going to sober up soon. One thing I don't get is that it does not appear to affect combat at all, in particular the swaying goes when aiming a predator bow!

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    98 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Weird thing is even with Yule now being over Evior is still drunk for some reason. I am not sure why it is, but any time I load in or die and load back in Eivor is always drunk. This only applies to my new game save files for some reason.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1424 posts

@gladi8ordude

Yes, it was like that in my save. Every load though it goes away as expected. Then one day it just loaded in normally - no idea why. I didn't find it too irritating, not compared with other, um, "undocumented software features".

• khyren
    1 posts

@gladi8ordude Same here. I thought it was an annoying Yule "feature" until I saw it was identified as a bug last Yule.

This bug persists though Yule is over. Everytime I log on. I don't want to have to meditate or fast travel every time I log on forever more. Anyone aware of a real fix?

• christina_snape
    2 posts

@gladi8ordude Just wanted to add my voice to this. I'm also having this problem. As I started to research it, I thought it would go away when the Yule event ended this year, but it's still here. Thankfully it does resolve after 10-30 seconds or so, so it's not permanent, but still vaguely annoying.

I'm on version 1.4.1.2

• gallant001
    2 posts

PS5 version of the game, latest update applied, and latest version of the PS5 OS.

Same issue that many other users have reported going right back to late 2020. Eivor is drunk when I load a save. Doesn’t matter if it’s manual or auto, or the location I am loading into, Eivor
    always starts drunk. It clears up after a couple of minutes but is pretty annoying.

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    98 posts

@christina_snape @khyren @SpirantCrayon22 It seems to be that after update 1.4.1.2 anyone who had not had any trouble accessing Yule Festival before the update also did not have the drunk bug. After update 1.4.1.2 was deployed it allowed people who played in last year's Yule Festival to play it this year's Festival. It also adds in a drunk bug from last year's Yule Festival for those that were not having trouble with accessing the Yule Festival before update 1.4.1.2.

Suggested Topics