ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Gurkburk92
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-woofer

Here's a video. I've got the drunk load-in issue. When I die and reload the game from last save, it happens then too but never when fast traveling.

This is on PC.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @Gurkburk92! Welcome to the forums 🙂

As you originally shared your report in quite an old thread, I've forked your post out to create a new thread. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused by this.

I'm sorry to hear that you're loading into the world drunk. Thanks for including a video that demonstrates the issue in-game. To help us to take a closer look at this issue, can you provide us with some additional information:

• When did this issue first begin? Can you let us know what quest/activity you completed last?
    • Does the issue persist after completing more quests in-game?
    • After playing for some time, can you please create a new manual save and then load into this manual save. Do you continue to load into the world drunk?
    • How long does the drunk effect tend to last for?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Gurkburk92
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-borealis I dont know when it first started happening.

It persists when completing quests. I've completed entire areas and it's still there.

I just tested creating a new save game and loaded into it, it's still there. Game had been active and played for a few hours.

The effect tends to last like, 2-3 minutes? Not sure if it wears off faster when moving around or not.

• MajorSalty
    18 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I'm not sure if it's related, but I encountered this exact problem after the "Strangers Bearing Gifts" quest at the very beginning of the Siege of Paris DLC.
    After finishing the quest when Eivor wakes up after the feast, she is drunk, and from that moment on every save after that is affected and Eivor is drunk when loading those saves. Saves prior to finishing the quest (doing the feast) are not affected.

@Gurkburk92, can you confirm if you recently started the Siege of Paris DLC?

Edit: So after some testing I was able to get rid of the drunk effect by simply travelling to another region, Francia or Norway. After saving and loading again the drunk effect wasn't present anymore.

• MajorSalty
    18 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1252 posts

@majorsalty

Thanks for the update and glad you managed to find a workaround that resolved this permanently. We'll keep our eyes peeled for further reports and if the issue does return for you please let us know. Cheers!

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1890 posts

She's drunk on every load. It goes away as normal but she's drunk again when the game re-loads whether or not (usually not) she was drunk when I saved previously.

Why is she able to aim the bow effectively when she's drunk?

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 389 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Hey there, can you let me know what type of save(Automatic or Manual) you're loading in with that you notice this occurring?

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1890 posts

@ubikoreanbbq

Manual save. I'll try an auto-save when she's sobered up.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1890 posts

I just loaded an auto-save from earlier today (created after I loaded the game from the manual save, though), and she was drunk. So on that evidence it doesn't matter if it's automatic or manual.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2623 posts

Hello @spirantcrayon22,

Thank you for the update! Can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can pass it along to the development team?

Many thanks!

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1890 posts

@ubi-mark

You can ask but I'm not going to do it as it achieves nothing. The only explanations for your request involve (1) Ubisoft not believing what I write and/or (2) Ubisoft not knowing what the drunk effect looks like. I assume (2) is impossible.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@spirantcrayon22 When Ubisoft even needed people to provide screenshots/videos of Ravensthorpe always raining upon starting up the game (an issue which should be SO simple to understand, and is still unaddressed even now), I would not have much faith in their intelligence if I were you.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2623 posts

Hello @SpirantCrayon22

Thank you for the update.

While we request a video, it means that we can provide the development team with evidence of the instance/bug. As the issue is not occurring for everyone (for example I tested myself on PC, PS4, and PS5 multiple saves and I didn't encounter this), it means that we need more details in order to reproduce it.

Thank you for your understanding and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1890 posts
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4278 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Thanks for the video provided.

Can you also confirm when this issue started to occur? Was it before or after the Sigrblot festival? And does it only happen if you load your save in Ravensthorpe?

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1890 posts

It was after Sigur Ros. It doesn't matter where she is. Thanks.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3040 posts

Thank you for that information spirantcrayon22, we were aware of this issue, but had believed it had been resolved in a previous update, so we have reopened this investigation now with your video. Thank you for confirming this happens after the Sigrblot festival (not the Icelandic rock band)

Can you please provide an image showing us the update version you are using or confirm this for us, from your in-game menu for our QA team to see?

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1890 posts

@ubi-milky

1.3.0.187 acquired 12th August

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3040 posts

Brilliant, thank you for that information. We have passed this information on and have acquired your save file. I can confirm this is also affecting me recently, when I reload my save file on PC, meditating takes away effect.

Official Response

Suggested Topics