ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Mrs_Oh
    1 posts

Hello. Ever since the patch at the start of the week my Eivor has been drunk every time I load in, no matter where she is. I can see there was a similar issue at the end of last year but can't find any new posts regarding this. Anyone else had this issue?

XBox One X.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1883 posts

@mrs_oh

Yes, I reported it (with video 🙄). I think one of the support team has also experienced it. I had it before 1.3.1 but it might have got worse after that update.

• A Former User
    0 posts

Hello!

I had this issue last year due to the Yule festival bug, and it was fixed after an update. I started a new game about a month ago and a couple of weeks into playing am having the same issue. I am able to fast-travel to fix the issue, but it would be nice to not have to deal with it at all. Also, is there a way to turn off the "avenge player" quests? The same one will pop up every time I open a door, open a chest, or do any sort of action using the triangle button. It ends up taking away from the overall experience. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4278 posts

@albobdesign85 I have merged your post with this existing thread as another player has reported this issue, the development team are currently investigating.

I'm afraid there is no way to disable the 'avenge player' quests. The only way to stop these appearing would be to play the game in offline mode. It's strange that the quest keeps popping up every time that you use the interaction button. The avenge player quests are optional and appear on the map, you must click on the icon on the map or interact with the body to accept those quests. Did you accept one previously? as you mentioned the same one keeps appearing. Have you also got the latest update (1.3.1) installed?

Could you please provide a video to show this. In the video can you also show your quest log screen and your map.

I would also need you to confirm the Ubisoft account username for the account that you play the game on as the account you have used to post on the forum does not have any game related data.

Can you reply with that information in this other thread that has been created as another player has also reported this issue, thanks.

Official Response
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3362 posts

Hey there @mrs_oh !

As @SpirantCrayon22 has noted, this is something that has already been brought to the team's attention and is being looked into.

I'd love to pass on your save file onto them as part of this, may we please know the username of the Ubisoft account you play the game on, as I can't se it on the account your' posting from.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • ETSubmariner
    12 posts

Ok, I was wondering if the patch had caused it. Thankfully it goes away in short order.

• Alexrice4513
    2 posts

I’m having the same issue on PS5

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @ETSubmariner & @Alexrice4513!

Thanks for sharing your reports with us. As confirmed by @Ubi-TheBerry, the development team are investigating this issue further. I've now shared your reports with the team for use in the ongoing investigation.

Please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1883 posts

She's also drunk when fast-travelling back from Dublin, even though she didn't have ANY Guinness while she was there.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 641 posts

@spirantcrayon22 All right! Thanks for adding that information as well! Do you notice anything else that appears to be a little weird when this happens, or any other times when this happens?

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1883 posts

@ubistorm

Only that I am pretty sure she was not drunk when she arrived in Dublin. I fast-travelled from the prompt in Azar's building in Ravenshorpe. I used the "atlas" fast-travel to return but that might be the only way of returning anyway.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1883 posts

@ubistorm

I normally only load manual saves. I just loaded an auto-save and Eivor was not drunk, though it might be a helpful observation.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Thanks for sharing that additional information with us, @SpirantCrayon22. I can see that the development team are investigating this issue with Eivor spawning in drunk further. I've updated your report to include this new information.

We don't yet have any updates to share from the investigation. If we require any further information from you, we will reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Apex136
    1 posts

Hi There,

Has anyone else encountered this bug?

Loading up continued save file or old save files since update, character will be in 'Drunk' animation and screen appearance as if played drinking challenge. But this is on a fresh load-up of game.

Only work around found is to return to settlement to sleep or wait a long time. Then character returns to normal.

Link to video showcasing this bug:  

Currenting investigating with Ubisoft customer support, no fix as of this moment.

Thanks,
    J.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @apex136 and welcome to the forums.

I can confirm that this is a known issue that is being investigated. I have merged your post with this thread we have where other players have experienced the same issue.

Please keep checking the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

Official Response
  • GediminasLM
    2 posts

Same here. When I launch a game and load a save (manual or auto) my Eivor is drunk for the first two minutes. I have this issue for 2 months or so. No idea what is the cause of it.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @gediminaslm I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. As mentioned in my post above this is being investigated by the development team.

Please keep checking the links in my post above for updates.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1883 posts

@ubi-keo

Yesterday I played and a few seconds after the game (eventually) loaded I realised that the screen was not swaying - has this been patched? I'll play again shortly for the dailies and see if it's like that again.

• Ubi-Keo

@spirantcrayon22 Thanks for the update, the issue is still being investigated and a fix was not included in the last title update.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1883 posts

@ubi-keo

Yeah, just loaded in at Ravensthorpe and no screen swaying. The only thing I can see that is different is Eivor loaded in with her hood up. I have no idea what I might have done differently other than I finished off the France DLC and noticed she wasn't drunk after that.

Suggested Topics