ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• christina_snape
    2 posts

@gladi8ordude In my case I only just bought the game Jan 2nd, so Yule festival was already started once I got to the point that it unlocked. (think 14 days left when it unlocked, and I didn't participate the first few days) I didn't notice the bug right away, so I can't say exactly when it started happening..... But it's entirely possible it started after doing the drinking competition. That would make logical sense. But I only noticed it about a week ago.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1880 posts

@gladi8ordude

Not sure. I did the event last year, got everything, there was that bug whenever it happened originally and it went away by itself. I re-did the quests for Yule just recently but haven't had this bug back.

Think I misunderstood. I was not able to access the festival before 1.4.1.2 so, from what you've written, that means I should not see the drunk bug and I don't. Is that right?

• SownDisc3905406
    1 posts

Same here, playing on PC

• lemmie88
    291 posts

I had just started playing when I experienced Drunkard Fest 2020. It was awful. I remember I couldn't figure out why I was so bad that I couldn't beat Goneril at lv 15 (since she was in that starting area). The drunkeness added another frustrating layer of difficulty and I ended up lowering the difficulty to normal. 💩 I started another playthrough right after just to enjoy the story without being drunk all the time and ended up with the broken lip-syncing bug, which was decidedly worse for enjoying the story.

Anyway, currently I use the savegame from my SECOND playthrough, which did not experience Yule 2020. I had no problem accessing Yule 2021/22. I do NOT have the drunk bug this time 🙏🙏🙏 . I also did not participate in the Yule Brawl (remember doing it in 2020 at about 3 fps). I suspect the brawl is the culprit as brawling while intoxicated is a big feature.
    @gladi8ordude

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    99 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Yes. That was how it was for me on my original older save file as well. The same thing happens to me. I was not able to access the Yule Festival on that save file until update 1.4.1.2 was deployed. On my New game save file, I never had trouble accessing the Festival before update 1.4.1.2 was deployed. But after the update came out my Eivor is always drunk when first loading in or after dyeing and loading back in if that makes better sense.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    804 posts

Hello @askobilv and thanks for getting in touch.

We've received reports of players who experience Eivor being drunk when loading a save file.

The development team has been made aware of this issue and they are currently investigating it. Once additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the game's official forum.

In the meantime, our teams would like to use details from your progress on Assassin's Creed: Valhalla to make further research. Please make sure that your latest save has been added to the Cloud (it will have a cloud icon next to it). This step will allow us to use your save files for investigations.

Would you also be able to send us a video of this issue, please? You can upload it on any hosting of your choice and just send us the link. When did the issue first occur for you? It will help us get a better understanding of your issue in order to facilitate further investigation.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue.

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    99 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Awsome! thanks for the heads up.

• GLADI8ORDUDE.
    99 posts

@Ubi-Oxavo @UbiKobold Hey there, I saw that you have already committed on another thread on Evior loading in drunk, but I wanted to add you in here as well. Maybe some information in here can be helpful as well.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    804 posts

Hello @gallant001 and @SownDisc3905406!

We've received reports of players who experience Eivor being drunk when loading a save file.

The development team has been made aware of this issue and they are currently investigating it.

In the meantime, our teams would like to use details from your progress on Assassin's Creed: Valhalla to make further research. Please make sure that your latest save has been added to the Cloud (it will have a cloud icon next to it). This step will allow us to use your save files for investigations.

Would you also be able to send us a video of this issue, please? You can upload it on any hosting and just share the link with us on this thread.
    When did the issue first occur for you? It will help us get a better understanding of your issue in order to facilitate further investigation.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue.
    Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• Steam4life1
    2 posts

My character has the drunk effect for ~45 seconds every single login or save reload. This has been happening for a year since yulefest 2020.

• Ubi_Plush
    364 posts

@steam4life1 Greetings and welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear about this continued annoyance since the first Yule festival. Just to clarify, are you noticing this happening on all saves?

Please make sure a save file is uploaded to the cloud so we can forward a report to the game team.

• Steam4life1
    2 posts

@ubi_plush I checked a save from Jan 2021 on a different character and it is not doing it there. I have cloud save enabled so there should be a cloud save on my bugged character.

• Ubi_Plush
    364 posts

@steam4life1 Thank you for getting back to me. I have included your information in my report to the game team. I'll post again here with updates. To clarify, the earlier January 2021 save character is on the same Ubisoft account?

I would also like to know if meditating immediately after logging in removes the effect?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

I've merged together several threads about Eivor spawning into the world drunk after loading up a save. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge. By creating a single Megathread, it helps us to keep information and updates from an investigation in an easy-to-find place.

Please note that this is a different issue to the one that was reported following the Yule Festival in November 2020. This particular incident of Eivor spawning into the world drunk was resolved following the end of the Yule Festival in 2020.

The development team have been notified of this issue occurring in-game, and they are currently investigating further. If you have been affected by this issue and are spawning into the world drunk, then please can you provide us with the following information:

• When did this issue first start in-game for you? Please try to be as exact as possible. If it happened following a specific quest, world event or festival, then please let us know.
    • Does anything resolve the drunk effect once it happens? For instance, if you fast-travel or meditate, does the drunk effect wear off?
    • Are you able to provide a video that demonstrates the drunk effect you're experiencing in-game? This would be helpful for further investigation.

Additionally, please can you ensure that you have an up-to-date save file uploaded to the Cloud? You can check this by looking for the cloud icon on your most recent save file. We can then forward these reports to the development team to assist in the ongoing investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • anachron101
    2 posts

Hello there,

since the original thread was closed due to the problem apparently being "fixed" and this is not appearing in any of the known bug lists:
    Ever since this last Julefest (did not have the problem before), Eivor is always drunk when I load into the game. Only teleporting fixes this, which is rather annoying, as I do not always think to log of near a point of teleportation. The drunkeness persists until I teleport, no matter how long I wait.

I am playing on the most recent patch and my computer is also up to date. I am currently at Power Level 242, though this is probably irrelevant.

Please let me know if you require any more info.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @anachron101! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Eivor spawning into the world drunk. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us!

I've now forwarded this report to the dedicated teams so they can take a closer look at this as part of the ongoing investigation. If you're able to share a video with us that shows the drunk effect you're experiencing when loading into the game, this would be very helpful as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • anachron101
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Yes of course. I recorded my log in, the fact that the character was drunk longer than ten seconds and the fix known to me - teleporting
    Please find the video here:

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing a video with us as well, @anachron101! I've now forwarded this to the dedicated teams, as well as the rest of your report, so they can take a closer look.

Once we have any updates to share from the investigation, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • AzureDragon91
    1 posts

Hello there! Relatively new viking here; this bug is definitely about Siege of Paris DLC. I started experiencing this issue after i met with Toka and Pierre and had a feast with them. I experinced this everytime i load a save game (doesn't matter if its auto or manual). I wasn't experiencing this in other lands(like in Norway or Asgard i had no such issue). Today i thought that maybe it's about the Siege of Paris quest and that you need to travel to Francia. Despite its at 200 PL(power level) and i was only merely 70 something PL i decided that i should try to travel to Francia. I traveled there then defeated the first attack. After that i traveled back to England, saved and loaded the game and voila; it's fixed. I'm not loading into the game drunk anymore in England. So dear Ubisoft staff i think that this bug is about the Siege of Paris DLC(after the feast and before traveling). Nothing related to festival(because i never did any festival event as i just joined the crew). To the other vikings out there(until they fix this issue): If you are not ready; don't start Siege of Paris quest(don't meet with Toka and Pierre) in any of your saves(it affects every save it seems) or if you started it already and experiencing this issue go to Francia and do the first parts of the quest. See you in Valhalla!

Suggested Topics