ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @azuredragon91, welcome to the forums and it's a pleasure to have you! Thank you for taking the time to share these details, I have gone ahead and forwarded your information over to the development team so that it may assist them with their investigation. I appreciate it. 🙂

Once we have any updates to share, we will let you all know within this thread below.

• Nutronic
    2 posts
    • When did this issue first begin?

Since purchasing the game around the time some kind of Christmas festival was on at Ravensthorpe in December

• Does the issue persist after completing more quests in-game?

Yes.

• After playing for some time, can you please create a new manual save and then load into this manual save. Do you continue to load into the world drunk?

I have not tried to do this.

• How long does the drunk effect tend to last for?

Several minutes or until I fast travel.

• It onlyWhen did this issue first begin? Can you let us know what quest/activity you completed last?
    • After playing for some time, can you please create a new manual save and then load into this manual save. Do you continue to load into the world drunk?

Several minutes

It only happens in England.

I have completed the Druids DLC and the mission in Skye. I have not yet visited France.

• blvannorman81
    1 posts

If I quit my game, and come back in and load ANY save Evior is always falling over drunk.
    now when I researched the issue it supposedly only occurred if You participated in the Yule drinking game. Problem is, I never did. I started the game just 2 weeks ago. It appears the bug is triggered by completing a drinking game ANY drinking game and then saving and quitting the game while under the drunk effect.
    it’s quite annoying and I want to know when this bug is going to be fixed.
    im playing the PS5 version of the game.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    805 posts

Hello @Nutronic and thanks for answering our questions. I can confirm I have forwarded your cloud saves and your answers to the relevant department for a further investigation.
    We'll share more updates when we have them.

Welcome to Discussions @blvannorman81 and I am sorry to hear you are experiencing the same issue. We're unable to provide you with a definite ETA, but please rest assured that our development team are looking into this. If you feel, you would like to share the video of issue with us, Please feel free to do so. You may upload it to any hosting of your choice and share a link with us on this thread.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

• darknessviking
    8 posts

he is always drunk when starting the game.
    why is this?
    doesnt matter where i am or whatever, as soon as the game loads he is drunk

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5291 posts

Hi @darknessviking I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with Eivor appearing drunk when loading your save.

I can confirm that this is a known issue that is being investigated.

I have merged your post with a megathread we created for this.

Could you please answer the following questions:

• When did this issue first begin? Can you let us know what quest/activity you completed last?
    Official Response
  • sevendusting
    1 posts

I didn't even have the game installed during the 'Yule Fest' and my Eivor loads drunk every time. Lame.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5291 posts

Hi @sevendusting I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with Eivor appearing drunk when loading your save.

I can confirm that this is a known issue that is being investigated.

I have merged your post with a megathread we created for this.

Could you please answer the following questions:

• When did this issue first begin? Can you let us know what quest/activity you completed last?
    Official Response
  • jjdh123
    2 posts

Hey guys, all of the sudden every time I start the game up and load in Evoir is drunk and the screen gets all blurry. It also happens when I die. Did the new update bug the game out or something?

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 940 posts

@jjdh123 Hey there! Sorry to hear that Eivor is a bit tipsy when you're trying to load into the game.

Can you please let me know if meditating helps this?

Official Response
  • CapnHyaku
    3 posts

Every single time I load the game, Eivor drunk effect is applied. Every time.

I bought and started playing this game after the Yule Festival. It is not that bug, it is new/different/regression.

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 940 posts

@capnhyaku Hey there, sorry to hear that this issue has returned. Have you tried meditating to see if that helps? Let me know!

Official Response
  • CapnHyaku
    3 posts

@ubi-spacecats

I have uploaded video here:

See observed effect in video:

1. Issue is not related to Auto or Manual save.
    2. Issue is not related to save in crouched or standing state.
    3. Issue is occurring when loading saves in England / Norway.
    4. Issue is NOT occurring when loading saves in Vinland.

Issue appears linked to map and/or gear/equipment/appearance.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @capnhyaku, thank you for taking the time to share that video and your findings, I appreciate it! I have gone ahead and forwarded the information over to our development team so that they can investigate it further. Once we have more information available, it will be posted below. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to reach back out. 

• ElGrandeLupo
    3 posts

@ubi-gizmo I too have this issue with Eivor loading drunk. Had it since i got the game,so i did some testing myself. I tested this on 3 different playthroughs. For me, it is the Feast held by the people from France that is causing this problem. As soon as i join the feast, Eivor loads drunk every time. If i skip the feast and leave France alone, then i can play through the main game and the other DLC's without any problems. I checked if it was still an issue on my 2'nd playthrough and it was the same. Joining the Feast caused Eivor to load drunk. Now i am on my 3'rd playthough (after the recent update and having Ragnarok installed) and it is stil the same after joining the Feast. So it seems to me, that one of the machines used during that feast is not closing as it should but leaves some kind of loop behind in your save. I am no programming expert, but it do seem like that. As before, i can still play through everything else as long as i leave that feast alone. I hope you will be able to narrow the problem down.It would be nice to start France earlier without Eivor loading drunk.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@elgrandelupo Thank you for this additional information. I will pass this on to the development team and hopefully it will help.

• CapnHyaku
    3 posts

@ubi-viral I can also confirm now this is related to the Francia DLC. The effect had been occurring ever since performing the feast but not travelling to Francia. But since starting the Francia DLC proper, the effect has stopped occurring. So the Introduction Feast mission triggers the bug, and starting the actual Francia campaign has resolved the bug.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there @CapnHyaku!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Eivor spawning into the game drunk, and how this happened after taking part in the feast at the beginning of "Siege of Paris." I'm glad to hear that the issue has now been resolved for you after travelling to Francia! 😄

I've shared this report with the dedicated teams for use into the ongoing investigation into this issue. Once there are any updates available from the investigation, they will be posted within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • idkmort
    2 posts

I am also experiencing Eivor being drunk when loading into the game from the main menu. Xbox Series X.

a few days ago, I believe it was the feast for the Francia DLC. I did that feast, but haven’t been to Francia yet.

yes, each time I load into the game from the main menu, Eivor spawns drunk.

Yes he is still drunk no matter what save file I choose.

a couple minutes. I usually meditate to sober him up but it’s starting to get tedious to do this.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6075 posts

Hello there @idkmort! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us! I've forwarded this to the dedicated teams for use in the ongoing investigation.

Would you be able to try travelling to Francia for us to see if this helps to resolve the issue with Eivor spawning in drunk? A few players have shared that once they traveled to Francia, the issue was resolved for them.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics