ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mofflin
    Original poster 11 posts

This is utterly pointless but...
    Been playing fine (well minus the other issues that I have posted on here and will never be fixed) and have completed DLC 1 and 2.

Joseph took one hour to allocate disk space and then started to download and install the meagre 12gb file. This install has taken another hour.

To answer the inevitable questions:

1. What type of drive format are you using? NTFS

2. How much free space is on that drive? 1.90TB

3. Is it possible to try another drive and see if that helps? Given all the other game files are on this drive and DLC 1 and 2 downloaded and installed within minutes, no.

Huge thanks to Forum Mods for making it feel like our bugreps meant something.
    I know very well low hanging fruit is picked first in fixes, but there's so much rotten fruit here.
    I am disappointed that this forum is just a façade that bears no fruit on what really gets fixed, but thanks again Forum Ubi mods for the cheerful and positive output you provided.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1259 posts

Hey there

Thanks for reporting this to us and sorry for any inconvenience caused as a result of these issues with installation.

Have you noticed similar issues with any other titles yet or just Far Cry 6 so far? Any longer than usual load times in-game or has it been okay since installation?

Official Response
  • mofflin
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-orion Just Far Cry 6. Everything has been fine up until DLC 3, which I can't even play as it crashes on load. Trying to scour the internet for some kind of fix.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4626 posts

Hi @mofflin thanks for you reply.

I'm sorry to hear that the game is now crashing. Can you confirm if this only happens when you try to play DLC 3 or does it crash in the main game and other DLC's too?

Have you also tried verifying the game files to see if that helps?

Official Response
  • mofflin
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-keo Hello, this was only happening when I tried to play DLC 3.
    Verifying files brought me to an infinite loop of insanity (a secret DLC 😉 ) where the DLC would download and install over the course of an hour, fail in the last 1% with a message that the internet dropped out or the disk was full (neither was correct), and then tell me the game has been installed.
    The 'Play' button wouldn't show, instead the 'Download' button persisted. Clicking it started the download again, it would again fail in the last 1% with a message that the internet dropped out or the disk was full, and then it would tell me the game has been installed but the download button would remain on the Ubisoft page.
    Clicking again repeated this same process.

I have since uninstalled the game and re-installed it from scratch onto the same drive and it is now working. Not the best experience of course but at least I can play.
    Thanks for your support, I appreciate the effort the mods do here.

• Tickblue13
    1 posts

Same. Ever since the Joseph: Collapse DLC downloaded. The PSO Cache warms up, then the screen goes black, and the game never launches. Everything else is up to date. I currently don't have a connection able to handle redownloading the game. So I figured I'd wait to see if there was a follow up update correcting the issue.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4626 posts

@mofflin Thanks for the update, I'm pleased to hear that reinstalling the game and DLC resolved the issue.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

@Tickblue13 I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues since installing the Joseph: Collapse DLC.

To confirm are unable to launch the game or any of the DLC's or just the Joseph: Collapse DLC?

Can you go through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here as there have been known to help resolve issues such as games not launching, crashes, freezing, FPS drops and more.

Please confirm if these steps help to resolve the issue.

Official Response

Suggested Topics