ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bisqit_
    Original poster 2 posts

I've been playing the game since release and while, in year 1 exotics were powerful, since warlords of new york has been released people switched to high-end weapons because they have much better stats and talents compared to other exotics.

While some of them are actually powerful (Scorpio, Chameleon, Nemesis, Regulus and others), other exotics seem to fade away in obscurity (Eagle Bearer, Sweet Dreams, Merciless, Chatterbox, Backfire, Diamondback) and that they should get buffed to be on par with the curent good exotics we have.

The perfect example of a exotic weapon that fell on the weak side was the Eagle Bearer, for people who don't know, the Eagle Bearer used to give 35% damage and 100% reload speed along with the tenacity buff, but after warlords of new york, the devs nerfed it, even though they said that exotics should be powerful, if not even best in slot, especially for a raid weapon, they still decided to nerf it.

I have also come up with some ideas that might bring those "forgotten" exotics on the stronger side.

Eagle Bearer: Eagle's Strike(Buff): Accuracy increases as you continously fire up to 75%
    Headshot kills grant 25% amplified damage, 75% reload speed and the tenacity buff for 12s
    Tenacity should be kept the same

Backfire: Payment in kind(Buff): CHD ability should be kept the same

On reload apply a 10s bleed to yourself, which deals 0.33% armor damage per stack.

Sweet Dreams: Sandman(Buff/Rework): Melee attacks instantly kill non-named enemies.
    After killing a target with a melee, grants 40% weapon handling for 5-10s
    Merciless: stability increased by 13%
    Binary Trigger: At 7 stacks, shooting an enemy deals 700% amplified damage and creates a 10m explosion dealing 500% weapon damage, consuming the stacks.
    Chatterbox: Incessant Chatter(rework): should be reverted to year 1 talent: Every shot landed grants 1% rate of fire to a max of 60%. This resets on reload.
    Kills with this weapon reffil 20% of its magazine and grants a buff for 10s
    While the buff is active, every shot landed increases magazine capacity by 1 to a max of 60. Killing a target consumes the buff - to fully refill the increased magazine.
    Diamondback: Agonizing Bite(Buff): Hitting that enemy consumes the mark, guaranteeing a critical hit with damagle amplified by 40%

Some people may think otherwise, but I personally think that these exotics and some other more should be getting buffed since they are jsut not good enough.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Aced_100
    295 posts

@bisqit_ It seems as soon as an exotic comes out some complain it's OP, especially if they are on the receiving end in PVP and for some reason the devs listen to them and nerf it, but even if most complain that they are underpowered it falls on deaf ears.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

Eagle Bearer was OP - post nerf it is still the strongest AR excluding talent options [even then it's just 8% weaker, while offering Tenacity, better attachments, a bigger mag, and accuracy buffs] - just depends if you can proc Tenacity. Diamondback was crazy OP too. I honestly like where the Exotics are now more than pre-Gear2.0. I don't want Exotics to be BIS, I want them to be best in Niche - which is exactly what they are.

Diamondback is a beast if you can land your shots with a max Crit Damage build. Eagle Bearer cannot be beat for a Run & Gun build. Chatterbox is the best weapon for Trials [Hard Speed Runs]. Sweet Dreams is the best Legendary Shotgun for a PfE build, as Purples are the most dangerous. Merciless has always sucked, people only used it for it's holstered talent.

I honestly miss the gain ammo on roll from Sweet Dreams more than any of the rest. I like not feeling like I'm handicapping myself if I want to use a non-exotic. This was 100% the right call - especially after Div1 devolved into a handful of builds, and Gear 1.0 was headed there as well - Gear 2.0 opened up build diversity to where it should have been from the inception of the franchise.

• Noxious81
    1257 posts
    (...) I don't want Exotics to be BIS, I want them to be best in Niche - which is exactly what they are.

Indeed. After all this is what they were meant to be. And for most exotics, this is true. Alas, a rare number of exotics were introduced to the game, when the devs expected the game's lifecycle to end soon. Thus they are knowingly overpowered to give less-experienced players easier access to more difficult content. To be more precise, the Scorpio, the Memento, and the Capacitor are totally BiS and overpowered. But they sadly will not be receiving a nerf, as they now already are in the game too long.

(...) I like not feeling like I'm handicapping myself if I want to use a non-exotic. This was 100% the right call - especially after Div1 devolved into a handful of builds, and Gear 1.0 was headed there as well - Gear 2.0 opened up build diversity to where it should have been from the inception of the franchise.

Yes and no. Basically I think you are right. But as mentioned before, the Scorpio, the Memento, and the Capacitor do make you feel handicapped when not using them on way too many builds.

If you're playing offensive skill builds, the Capacitor is a must-have. Even for a healer the Capacitor is the BiS AR due to its ridiculous Weapon Damage boost for Skill Tiers.

It only get's outshined by the Scorpio, as it is not only the BiS shotgun. It combines high damage, good reload speed, and built-in crowd control, thus making it the best choice for beginners and agents that otherwise would not be able to handle higher difficulties. It's even way too strong on all blue builds, which is why we see way too many Bulwark builds with the Scorpio (and of course the Memento). And it also is probably the most-used secondary weapon for cheesing oneself through difficult situations. Remember, when PvE Rogues were a threat? Not when using the Scorpio...

And I personally think the Memento would be in a good spot with only having the three core attributes (a bit like the Ninjabike Messenger Bag in TD1). And he would be in an excellent spot with the short-time buff on top. But with the basically "always active" long-time buff, it is in so many builds and situations so much stronger than other backpacks. That's exactly where builds become handicapped when not using the Memento – no matter whether it's a run&gun build, a shield or tank build, even DPS or CC builds, skill builds...

• Bisqit_
    Original poster 2 posts

@latenitedelight I get what you mean by "I don't want Exotics to be BIS, I want them to be best in Niche - which is exactly what they are.", but considering the fact that we are allowed to only use 1 exotic at a time (both gear and weapon) they should be better than your average Famas, M1A, loadout, and I think that buffing these exotics might unlock the possibility for an even higher build variety, which would make them game more fun and enticing to play with these exotics and actually farm them, if you don't already have them.

• Peter8uk
    194 posts

I think exotic weapons were designed to be situational and/or BIS for certain builds, not all builds.

Scorpio is good for tanky builds because its designed for close range, higher base therefore burst damage and whilst in that build be able to tank. Good escape weapon to stun to get away too if cornered i.e. skill builds that can't DPS. The only weapon where talent can stack if multiple people use same weapon.

Ravenous - Good for stacking razorback weakpoint damage in Dark Hours, Interupting Iron Horse last boss attacks or against mechanical dogs. So not much use elsewhere i.e. main missions/summit. It is an out of cover weapon as can't shoulder swap whilst in cover. It is a secondary weapon for black tusk boomers/dogs when they show up when someone else has aggro from it.

Eagle Bearer was so nerfed so much that an M4, Famas, Carbine 7 etc with Damage to targets out of cover is better. The Eagle's talent isn't a damage talent. It has use in PvP if you can down just 1 agent (Don't even have to get a kill to proc, just down) to get you enough time to try to take down 2nd player tanking for few secs. But in PvP weapon wise it is all shields and in sync anyway. It is an inconsistent survival talent, a talent you don't want to purposely use i.e. You want to hit headshot then quickly kill 3 enemies to survive initial damage taken without any additional DPS reward. Strange way to play.

Alot of new players are screaming out in discord for Eagle bearer, but they will be disappointed once they realise the best weapons are in general loot drops without doing raid.

From history if too many people complain something is too OP they tended to nerf it.

• hralex1951
    229 posts

Exotics are totally underpowered and useless on heroic and leg except for Scorpio. They are not going to be unnerfed so it's irrelevant. How many use an exotic on legendary? For me, just Scorpio.

• xcel30
    982 posts

I do think some definetly need a buff, sweet dreams is glorified stick to hitting people and not a good shotgun and i do agree that it needs a buff to reward the player for using the melee that isn't just to kill enemies that get too close in legendary. But i do think that most of them are quite fine now, also can't comment on the raid ones since i don't have them and i did hear some very mixed things about Eagle bearer being too OP before and how right now people might just overreacting because it's not the most ultra OP gun in the game but it still has magazine advantage over all ARs and a useful talent.

I do miss my old exotic dodge city holster that made pistols good over the current one that tries to force you no not use pistols

Suggested Topics