ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• teh_greg
    Original poster 71 posts

I really enjoyed DLC 1 and 2 to the point that I grinded all Ubisoft Challenges and PSN trophies. I was really looking forward to DLC #3.

The story, the visions, the diaries - as usual - they provided some nice content in exploring the personality and the backstory of the villain.

Map design was awesome, some small touches like unlocking the white steed instead of a quad were really good.

Unfortunately, gameplay wise it was the least enjoyable DLC of all three.

Vaas and Pagan had great traits to level up - takedowns on alerted enemies, HP restore on takedowns and Pagan's HP steal on headshots which promoted skillful gameplay. Using these abilities was just great fun while going on a rampage.

Joseph's skills trigger on critical health - combined with heavy penalties for dying - who is going to willingly risk their entire run just to activate higher movement speed or wallhack? (when you can just drop the grenade that reveals all enemies in the area). Because all the traits trigger on low health, in my opinion this entire branch of the skill tree is useless. Too high risk for too little of a reward.

Enemies seem to be insane HP sponges in this DLC. Bodyshots with shotgun do very little damage, you can forget about auto weapons as they are very weak. I had gold assault rifle buff, dmg buff while aiming, dmg buff to silenced weapons and my 5 star assault rifle was basically a BB gun still.

Grenade launcher or explosives just ragdoll enemies and so they can stand back up and keep shooting at you as if nothing had happened.

Sniper rifle has too much of a cooldown between shots. You can take a short break before Joseph reloads the gun.

The last area where you defend yourself is an unpassable maze for the AI. If you enter the church they just camp the door or run aimlessly near the stairs.

Enemies with shovels don't know how to enter the building, the same applies to dogs as they can enter only one after another after forming a nice queue.

Combine all these gameplay elements with a 20 wave defense for a perfect recipe for the most boring mission in the entire game. This whole ordeal left a sore taste in my mouth despite the rest of the game being excellent.

Spoiler for the secret ending
    spoiler

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GhostAgent14
    200 posts

@teh_greg
    Oh wow, this DLC doesn't sound fun at all!! In fact, nothing at all about any of the three DLC's has sounded fun to me. I continue to be glad that I passed on the Season Pass.

• Sleezure
    141 posts

@teh_greg It definitely seems like Ubi is releasing these in descending order of quality. I enjoyed Vaas for what it was (even though the final ending was pretty dumb and did nothing to enhance the character). I completed the Pagan map once, but I completely lost interest after that. I'm not even going to bother reinstalling FC6 just to play the same thing with the worst villain in the entire franchise.

To say this DLC strategy is uninspired would be a gargantuan understatement.

• Lake-Echo
    6 posts

@teh_greg I coudln't agree more. I think the whole 'repeating' everything only belongs in the VAAS dlc because of the whole 'insanity' thing. Not Pagan or Joseph though. It's nothing more than a blatant disrepect of the player's time whilst trying to squeeze out as much as they can with as little as possible.

This 3rd dlc is definitely the worst.

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

The first DLC was OK, I enjoyed. But the other two are basically the same, with a different setting. Disappointing. Like so much in this game.

Suggested Topics