ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Alpha-Instinct
    Original poster 1 posts

Whenever I reach the pass for the ambush and stop the ambush, the convoy truck exploded (guess that is intended) and then when everything is killed, the mission doesn't progress, I am just sitting stuck here bec I can even abandon the mission and take it from another angle bec everytime I abandon, it places me the pass again and same thing happens.
    Have tried this now like 5 times and same result.. the missions doesn't progress. Please help, cant move forward with other mission bec of this.

Regards,
    AI
    Game on PC

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5344 posts

Hi @alpha-instinct apologies for the late response.

I'm also sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the mission 'Knuckleball'.

Could you please provide a video to demonstrate the issue. You can upload the video to a video sharing website then copy and paste the URL link into this thread.

Official Response
  • sev108
    1 posts

@alpha-instinct I’m having the exact same problem. I attempted to withdraw from the operation, but then the convoy stopped moving on the next playthrough. So I went to see why and the whole convoy was invisible. I machete killed an invisible soldado and then had the same problem of waiting around and the mission not progressing. This is an actual problem because now I can’t progress the story any further

edit: I’m playing on Xbox One

RECENT EDIT: I finally got it to work properly. After quitting and restarting the mission a few times I tried talking to the farmers in a different order and it worked! Maybe it has something to do with the order of talking to them. I was originally doing Borrero, Carbonell, then Vélez; but once I changed it to Carbonell, Vélez, and Borrero last it seemed to work. I don’t know if it’s luck of the draw or if there’s something to the order.

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 940 posts

@sev108 Hey there! Thanks for your update. I'm so glad to hear you were able to progress.

Official Response
  • ThulrVO
    4 posts

I am having a different issue. I gathered the farmers, went to the pass, and we killed all of the enemies. There are no more enemies from which to "Defend the Cargo", yet the battle music continues and the mission won't resolve/end!! I have looked all over the region of the mission, high and low, and there is no one else to kill, but the mission won't end. I tried killing myself and doing the mission over, but the same issue happens every time. I've tried 3 times now. Please fix this, Ubisoft!
    @Ubi-SpaceCats
    @Ubi-Keo

• ThulrVO
    4 posts

Ok, after shutting down the game and my PC for the day, I tried the following day, and this time it just worked. So, it may have just needed a reboot of the game and/or Ubisoft launcher. One other possibility, is that I noticed this time the damaged truck with the special cargo got stopped to the right of the overpass (the rocks to the right of the overpass fell in front of the convoy), whereas during the times the mission was failing to complete, the convoy was stopped by the rocks falling at the left of the overpass, which left the damaged truck with the cargo was stopped under the overpass.
    Either way, I hope Ubisoft will fix this so future players won't have to mess with it.
    Thanks!

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hello there @ThulrVO

Thank you for your report on this issue with the mission 'Knuckleball'.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this, but we're glad to hear that restarting your PC seemed to fix the issue on this occasion, and you were able to progress. We appreciate your reply here, with further details of exactly what happened.

Should you have any questions for us, please feel free to get back in touch.

Official Response
  • kylerkevinriley
    2 posts

I'm stuck on this mission as well. I destroy the convoy and just sit there waiting for the opportunity to defend it. Have had the same issue three times on different days and after restarts on XBox 1. I think it is just a lottery and you have to keep playing the mission until it works. It is a real bummer to have an unbeatable mission glitch in a modern game. I guess I'll try a few more times and then stop playing this game.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3274 posts

Hey @kylerkevinriley

I'm sorry to hear that. I wonder if it was caused by destroying the convoy too early / quickly? Would you be able to try waiting a little longer to do so and see if this helps?

Official Response
  • JaminJeffs01
    1 posts

@alpha-instinct
    I was having this problem too.

The way I got it to finally work was by downing jonron with the machete and then reviving her. She then walked up to the cargo and the mission ended.
    Hope this helps

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @JaminJeffs01, welcome to forums!

Appreciate you for sharing this and do hope others will find it useful 🙂

Should you have any more workarounds or if you run into any difficulties yourself, feel free to reach out at any time!

Official Response
  • jamievt86
    2 posts

After I gathered the farmers the mission marker disappeared. So I found schuabs pass on the map and when I got there I didn’t see any convoy or soldados. It says “defend the special cargo, jonron should be on her way”. The guerillas are in place and nothing is happening. I’ve been waiting a while and I don’t think jonron is coming.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2941 posts

Hello @jamievt86,

Thank you for sharing this with us and I'm really sorry to hear that you are unable to progress at the moment.

Can you please verify your game files with this link? This will help you to eliminate any potentially corrupted files that can lead to this issue. If you're still experiencing it, however, can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can pass it along to the development team for further investigation?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • jamievt86
    2 posts

I fast traveled away and it reset to saying “ambush the special convoy”. It was still a little glitchy but I was able to finish it.

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1009 posts

@jamievt86 Hey, that's great! Glad to hear that you were able to get this finished. 🙂 Please reach out again if you have any other issues in the future.

Official Response
  • xDavide9
    1 posts

Yeah this mission is extremely bugged, the main point being that the game isn't able to recognize when the convoy has been actually taken care of. What I did for the third try was just go straight for the convoy alone without recruiting anyone and then destroy it. Then Jonron came and it took her a while to recognize I had killed everyone, she even said "take care of tank!" or something like that but I had already destroyed it... it shouldn't be a hard fix, just fix jonron AI in this mission no?

• Ubi-Cintre
    Ubisoft Support Staff 761 posts

Hiya @xDavide9

Thanks for taking the time to explain how you managed to finish the mission and for sharing your feedback with us.
    Our teams do their best to fix the issues that the players share with us.
    In this case, it seems that in the end, the mission can be finished with workarounds, and no videos that could be forwarded to our teams have been shared yet.

Rest assured that once all the information needed are provided, we forward them to our dedicated teams.

Let us know if you have any other question.

Official Response
  • ADMNtek
    1 posts

I had the same issue and surprisingly what fixed it for me was not killing the enemies too early. especially the tank.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3274 posts

That's what I speculated earlier in the thread may be the cause. Thanks for letting us know that worked for you @ADMNtek 🙂

Official Response
  • wildmandann
    1 posts

@Ubi-Froggard this mission was a flop. I am on my first far cry 6 playthrough and it's being ruined by this broken quest which is what brought me here.

I'm surprised to see so many others have had the same issue, why did ubisoft never deal with this? What can i do to get this fixed?

Suggested Topics