ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Towerwizard
    Original poster 4 posts

I know how a production chain works. If I want to produce work clothes, I need to produce one unit of wool first, since both buildings take the same amount of time to produce each item in the basic, unmodded chain.

What I want to know is, if I increase the production rate of the Framework knitters, do I also need to increase the production of the Sheep farm (or build more Sheep farms)? If so, the more complex a production chain becomes, the "worse" a production bonus becomes, because if an item would increase, say, Steam motor production by 30 percent, then I would need to also increase (or build more of) the iron mine, coal mine, furnace, copper mine, zink mine, and brass smeltery. Otherwise, the Motor assembly line is just producing faster, then it needs to wait for the slower-producing chain to generate their items, before producing the motor faster, then shutting down to wait for the slower-producing chain again, and so on, and the increase in production rate would be lost if all intermediate products are used up as soon as they are created, of course.

The alternative would be that a production increase would break the 1 to 1 relation, and simply produce more end product from the same base product, so producing for example 1.2 goods for every 1 base good (from a production increase of 20 %).

Does it matter from where the production bonus comes from? Increased work hours, an item, electricity, et cetera?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asterix201252
    383 posts

@towerwizard
    Yes, if you increase the production rate of, a production building then you also have to increase the production of everything it uses. You are correct in saying that, for some complex production items, it may not be worth it because you also have to increase the production of all of the raw materials and intermediate goods. It can be quite difficult to optimise everything.
    Consider using Trade Union or Town Hall items that mean that some goods are no longer needed. For example, spoiler. When he is in a Town Hall. affected Engineer, Investor, and Skyscraper residences that have access to a Bank are provided with Pocket Watches and Jewellery. So, if you have 100% Town Hall and Bank coverage, you can eliminate two production chains entirely which need a raw material that is pretty scarce. There are many examples of Trade Union items that either mean a raw material isn't needed or changes a complex intermediate one to either a simple raw material or an intermediate one that is much simpler to produce. Examples are spoiler. Others, such as spoiler, give you "free" goods.
    If you want to check out these powerful items, take a look at https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/Items?so=search#Items_statistics: (https://anno1800.fandom.com/wiki/Items?so=search#Items_statistics). The links in the table at the end will take you to descriptions of all the items. Many of the really powerful ones are Epic or Legendary so they are difficult to obtain, especially if you don't have the Research Institute. Alternatively, go to the Items tab in the Statistics. If you type the name of you producion building into the search box, it will list all items that affect it.
    Another way for a simple chain is to have a production area around a Trade Union that contains both the raw materials and the production building. Using your example, you could have both the sheep farms and Framework Knitters covered by the same Trade Union. You can then use an Item, such as spoiler, that affects multiple production buildings.

• Towerwizard
    Original poster 4 posts

@asterix201252 Thanks for your well made reply. Even if it is somewhat sad that the increase in production works that way, it is reasonable, and it is good to know that this is the way it works.

• Asterix201252
    383 posts

@towerwizard
    You're welcome

Suggested Topics